Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

49 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Another performance on the levels of the last three games and i can see Burton causing us big problems

Shocking last to home games and we weren't that great at Fleetwood.

That’s the worry. However, another performance like that against Oxford and the second half against Wigan and we’ll blow them away.

Which team will Warne pick and will the players turn up? As Warne often says in his interviews - we win together, we lose together. Whatever the performance/result, I very much see it as a shared praise or responsibility. PW needs to get the formation and tactics right but even if he doesn’t, the players should be performing better than they have on occasions.

I don’t do predictions, all I’ll say is that I’m a tad nervous. This one feels particularly difficult to call.

52 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

After Tuesday, I'm surprised at the suggested line ups having Sibley starting.....

You never know. He might be given the ball to feet against Burton. He was a bystander on Tuesday because most if the first half the ball was hurtling through the air at cloud level on its way to Bradford defenders’ heads. 🙄

5 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

You never know. He might be given the ball to feet against Burton. He was a bystander on Tuesday because most if the first half the ball was hurtling through the air at cloud level on its way to Bradford defenders’ heads. 🙄

How has the grass got in such poor nick if the ball isn't ever touching it....🤔

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

How has the grass got in such poor nick if the ball isn't ever touching it....🤔

It was noticeably very bad in the Northeast corner where the kids take penalties at half time. Three clear tracks where they do their little run ups. 

Touchlines are rough, a combination of linespeople and throw ins. 

Just because the ball's in the air doesn't mean footballers aren't running around on the grass chasing it! 

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Spent a few years coaching in the US - assistant to Tampa Bay Rowdies in 2018, Fort Lauderdal in 2020, then Inter Miami in 2022. Been with Michael Duff at Barnsley and Swansea for the last season and a half (before being sacked).

It's hard to say how he'll adapt to Burton's squad. If anything like Duff, he'll want to go with a 352 and a high press

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Waghorn and Forsyth out for “the foreseeable” with calf injuries.

Ward injured and unavailable for Burton.

Wilson nursing a hip problem could be unavailable.

Washington due back next month.

Rooney still out.

Possibly thin on the ground for Monday 😳

That would take us to 8 absentees! (Nyambe and Smith are the others)
If all of those players are out, I would go with this...

Wildsmith

Nelson   Bradley   Cashin

Barkhuizen   Bird   Hourihane   Sibley   Elder

Collins   Mendez-Laing

Subs: Vickers, Bartley, Cox, DRobinson, Thompson, John-Jules, DBrown

I imagine we'll see Wilson in the squad, but the bench will still be very youthful

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That would take us to 8 absentees! (Nyambe and Smith are the others)
If all of those players are out, I would go with this...

Wildsmith

Nelson   Bradley   Cashin

Barkhuizen   Bird   Hourihane   Sibley   Elder

Collins   Mendez-Laing

Subs: Vickers, Bartley, Cox, DRobinson, Thompson, John-Jules, DBrown

I imagine we'll see Wilson in the squad, but the bench will still be very youthful

Is there a right back solution in the academy at the moment? Are the likes of Bardell, Bartley or Radcliffe fit and viable? 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Is there a right back solution in the academy at the moment? Are the likes of Bardell, Bartley or Radcliffe fit and viable? 

Bardell is injured and I believe Radcliffe still is too. Bartley is a CB. DRobinson has played RB before (for us and N.Ireland) but he's been missing since our EFL Trophy game against Wolves in November so may also be injured.

The U21s also haven't played since December 15th so will be short of match fitness. Moore played in that game, and I would say he's some way off being ready for the first team.
Perry (started RW in that U21 game mentioned above) started the last U18 game (vs Forest on Christmas Eve) but he came off after half an hour with an injury. Osayande, who came off the bench to make his first team debut against Wolves U21 and played RB, played the rest of that game. However, he's primarily a CB and is some way off being ready for first team football (especially at RB)

It's unlikely that we'll want to move Nelson away from CB (as the next best RB option), hence why I think it would be Barkhuizen at RWB if Ward and Wilson are unavailable.

Just now, Rambalin said:

Could explain the return of Kwaku Oduroh from his loan.

Oduroh was sent back by Rochdale where he was in and out of the side. He needs another loan to a National League or National League North side.

Any news on where Korey smith is? They seem to have reference every injury in that article except his. 

Think what you like about him in midfielder but he’s probably the 2nd best right back at the club after Nyambe.

I’d have him there ahead of Ward that’s for sure

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:
1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Oduroh was sent back by Rochdale where he was in and out of the side. He needs another loan to a National League or National League North side.

Maybe so but he is match fit and possibly the only choice plus he may surprise us and take his chance