Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hopefully the Burton squad share your perspective 

Don't think their squad care... they just see us as a big scalp, like every team in this league do coming to Pride Park. It's their fans that care.

Have to say, I've worked in Burton for 11 years now and met maybe 3 Burton fans who aren't actually just fans of Derby or Villa. They're a rare breed. They remind me of non-league fans where they all know each other and have a certain vibe.

12 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Looks set to be cold as balls for everyone going.

Hopefully the team can keep you all warm.

...and remember, if you're cold, the're cold, so be kind to Burton fans, they often bark when they are afraid or unsure and it's sensible to keep a safe dstance if you encounter 1 that's loose, but many of them can be safety rehabilitated and rehomed. There are charities in the Burton-on-Trent area that deal with distressed Burton fans, and the accusations thay they got melted down to make tyres is completely unproven.

or marmite

47 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Any snow in Derby? We’ve had a bit in Sutton Coldfield but not enough to cause any issues. Just thinking what time to leave tonight.

You must be unlucky. Clear blue skies and not a hint of snow in Tamworth (just 7 miles north of Sutton Coldfield for anyone who doesn’t know the area).

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You must be unlucky. Clear blue skies and not a hint of snow in Tamworth (just 7 miles north of Sutton Coldfield for anyone who doesn’t know the area).

Yeah, someone at work comes in from Lichfield and said it’s only Sutton that has snow.

Just watched Paul Warnes prematch interview on the club website. @Owen87ITK asks him about the contract extension that NML has just signed. PW is obviously delighted with this development but he then goes on to describe NML as a "massive weapon."

I'm pretty sure he's meaning it in a complimentary sense, however where I come from that's deemed derogatory terminology. Maybe I misheard him and he just said he's got a massive weapon. 😳

13 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Just watched Paul Warnes prematch interview on the club website. @Owen87ITK asks him about the contract extension that NML has just signed. PW is obviously delighted with this development but he then goes on to describe NML as a "massive weapon."

I'm pretty sure he's meaning it in a complimentary sense, however where I come from that's deemed derogatory terminology. Maybe I misheard him and he just said he's got a massive weapon. 😳

Shame Steven bywater isn't still here to investigate

B4 April 2023……………………If ever we needed a rallying call.

Well calling all derby fans to get really really really behind the lads we need get behind the lads lets have wall of noise and have sea of black and white let's have scafs flags and balloons let's cheer lads on into the play offs. The louder we are the better lads play. Let  burton players shake with fear and let them think what on earth have we got our selfs into here.

…………..no further comment required! 👍🐏

17 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

If only, but let's be honest that is not the 'Derby way' is it ??

Burton will not come and attack. As Bradley said last week other teams will have seen how the likes of Bradford and Wycombe have got results and will have every body behind the ball hoping to catch us on the break. 

Indeed with the next few matches against lower teams I think we are in for a tough time at home. Probably quite boring 'Warneball' style entertainment the doubters could have a field day. Do we have the necessary personnel to break such teams down? Potentially yes but we do seem to struggle, which I think makes the influx of a couple of quality players like those currently mentioned essential.

Let's be positive however and hope for an early Derby goal and that we can consolidate on the excellent position we are now in 🤞🤞

Listening to the Ramstalk podcast it was interesting that Fletcher suggested that this ‘new’ Burton would not sit back as per usual but would happily come at Derby….

1 hour ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

With it being local would expect nearly 30K in attendance but being on sky perhaps both sets of supporters will watch it in the pub 

I don’t think “being local” is particularly significant. Burton aren’t bringing that many and I doubt many people will buy tickets in the home end just because it’s Burton Albion.

I reckon much nearer 25,000 than 30,000. Maybe less given it’s going to be damn cold and it’s live on Sky.

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t think “being local” is particularly significant. Burton aren’t bringing that many and I doubt many people will buy tickets in the home end just because it’s Burton Albion.

I reckon much nearer 25,000 than 30,000. Maybe less given it’s going to be damn cold and it’s live on Sky.

It's like when we play Lesster or stoke a bit meh.