Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

After our diabolical showing on Tuesday. I'm hoping as a form of an apology, our players want to give us a better performance than they gave against Bradford. That they are ready to fight and scrap for every ball.  We move the ball quickly, soundly beat Burton and come Monday night we are sat second in the table.

Then use that result as a springboard to push us on to promotion.

I'll even happily suffer seeing Boycie's gurning mug at the start of every match day thread, if it results in us being back in the Championship.

9 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

After our diabolical showing on Tuesday. I'm hoping as a form of an apology, our players want to give us a better performance than they gave against Bradford. That they are ready to fight and scrap for every ball.  We move the ball quickly, soundly beat Burton and come Monday night we are sat second in the table.

Then use that result as a springboard to push us on to promotion.

I'll even happily suffer seeing Boycie's gurning mug at the start of every match day thread, if it results in us being back in the Championship.

Plus this is a game worth winning. Unlike that tinpot trophy.

23 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Plus this is a game worth winning. Unlike that tinpot trophy.

There is a prize of 2nd place.

Alternatively, there is the pressure of keeping pace with the results of rivals today.

Will we soar or crumble? Difficult to tell with our team. Nearly a week rested (or a bit over a week for some) so hopefully Warney hasn't been too punishing in training....

15 hours ago, Srg said:

Incoming 0-1. We can all feel it. 

15 hours ago, Srg said:

Incoming 0-1. We can all feel it. 

We have only won 1 of the last 4 at home , but Burton are in the bottom 5 and have a -14 goal difference . Shouldn’t be a problem , they are no Peterborough.

28 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We have only won 1 of the last 4 at home , but Burton are in the bottom 5 and have a -14 goal difference . Shouldn’t be a problem , they are no Peterborough.

I was being a little facetious based on the old Derby stereotype, and whilst I know the past has no influence on tomorrow, we still need to be on it. Their manager’s first game, their club’s champions league final. We have to be up for it. 

On 11/01/2024 at 21:13, Foreveram said:

Ticket sales have ramped up quite a lot today, only just over 500 seats left in the East stand despite it being on a cold January Monday night live on SKY and £33 a ticket.

Have Burton fans got to pay £33 ? You only pay £30 to go away in the Prem .

9 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Have Burton fans got to pay £33 ? You only pay £30 to go away in the Prem .

No, the £33 is for the East and West stands.

The Burton fans will pay £25 same as the South and North stands.

The corners are £29.

It was deemed a cat A game before it was switched to a Monday night for SKY coverage.

33 minutes ago, Topram said:

If this was the old Derby 0-1 burton is all over it, new manger bounce, Warne manager of month on sky chance to go into the top 2 Etc but let’s hope this is a new Derby 

It would be nice to forgo the usual Derby drama and be able to enjoy the game 🐏😂

A 2 goal lead in the first half with a third goal half way through the second half would be most acceptable, all of our goals would, of course, be without reply by Burton. 

I wish Burton well in the remaining portion of the season but that starts after this game👍🏻🐏🐏🐏🐏

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

2 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

It would be nice to forgo the usual Derby drama and be able to enjoy the game 🐏😂

A 2 goal lead in the first half with a third goal half way through the second half would be most acceptable, all of our goals would, of course, be without reply by Burton. 

I wish Burton well in the remaining portion of the season but that starts after this game👍🏻🐏🐏🐏🐏

If only, but let's be honest that is not the 'Derby way' is it ??

Burton will not come and attack. As Bradley said last week other teams will have seen how the likes of Bradford and Wycombe have got results and will have every body behind the ball hoping to catch us on the break. 

Indeed with the next few matches against lower teams I think we are in for a tough time at home. Probably quite boring 'Warneball' style entertainment the doubters could have a field day. Do we have the necessary personnel to break such teams down? Potentially yes but we do seem to struggle, which I think makes the influx of a couple of quality players like those currently mentioned essential.

Let's be positive however and hope for an early Derby goal and that we can consolidate on the excellent position we are now in 🤞🤞

Looks set to be cold as balls for everyone going.

Hopefully the team can keep you all warm.

...and remember, if you're cold, the're cold, so be kind to Burton fans, they often bark when they are afraid or unsure and it's sensible to keep a safe dstance if you encounter 1 that's loose, but many of them can be safety rehabilitated and rehomed. There are charities in the Burton-on-Trent area that deal with distressed Burton fans, and the accusations thay they got melted down to make tyres is completely unproven.

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

BUT IT’S A DERBY 😰 

I was talking to my dad yesterday about reasons why, even though on paper it should be a comfortable win for Derby, I fear a draw.

I said I don’t really consider it a local Derby because their isn’t really a great deal of rivalry - probably because of the difference in the size of the clubs and how rarely we’ve played each other.