Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

12 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

A few months ago a Rotherham fan came onto this forum to see how we were doing under their ex-boss. He asked, amongst other things, whether we were getting loads of injuries, especially during training and especially soft-tissue injuries.

How did he know? 

He didn’t, that’s why he was asking 🤷🏻‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

He didn’t, that’s why he was asking 🤷🏻‍♂️

Err no. He actually was seeing if what was “the norm” for Rotherham under Warne had become “the norm” at Derby yet.

So has it? 

15 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Err no. He actually was seeing if what was “the norm” for Rotherham under Warne had become “the norm” at Derby yet.

So has it? 

It could be that the increase in intensity takes players a full season to get used to it. It could explain why some players who struggled with injuries or fitness last season but the likes of Mendez-Laing are now 90 minute players. Of the 10 outfielders to have missed out on matchday squads the most, 7 are summer signings.

It's also possible that it takes Warne a while to understand what the players are physically capable of. In is pre-match presser, he mentioned adapting Mendez-Laing's training schedule to make sure they get more out of him on matchdays.

Forsyth's injury is "quite severe" - I would guess at him being back towards the end of Feb.
Waghorn out for a "little bit longer" - perhaps available again in Feb
Ward and Kane "not 100%" - may be in the squad on Monday
Smith back in training - Monday may be too soon, but thavailability of other senior players may mean he's on the bench

1 hour ago, Blondest Goat said:

Warne has made it pretty clear that he doesn't rate the lad.  Doesn't appear that Rochdale do either so not sure why people think it would be a good idea to throw him into our 1st team.  

Sink or swim. We'll find out. Schroedinger's cat. 

It will be interesting to see if the injuries lead us to a back 3/5 or 4.

The 3/5 would look like

Nelson  Bradley  Cashin

Barkhuizen                      Elder

Whereas a 4 may look like 

Nelson Bradley Cashin  Elder

There may be a wildcard solution like Tommo at RWB.

3 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Isn't it obvious? If the ball is in the air, the players have to jump. That causes damage in the push off and landing.

I am surprised it isn't un playable after the last couple of games.

Cashin is the worst he’s constantly jumping around heading the football.  And he’s not exactly a featherweight. They should dock his pay no way that’s fair wear and tear 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Forsyth's injury is "quite severe" - I would guess at him being back towards the end of Feb.

That’s really bad news. The guy is 35 and a big unit - if he’s back the end of Feb then he’s not really back until April and he’s out of touch. We’re then reliant on Bradley and from what we’ve seen so far he’s half the player. 
If we’re to get the best out of these older players they need to play enough to keep in good touch, but not so much that they break down. You said rightly that NML is fitter this season. But he’s getting too many minutes and is being pushed too hard. He’ll hit a wall and either lose form (already happening) or worse. 
Warne needs to give more thought to this. We saw from Curtis Davis end of last season how badly it can go wrong

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It could be that the increase in intensity takes players a full season to get used to it. It could explain why some players who struggled with injuries or fitness last season but the likes of Mendez-Laing are now 90 minute players. Of the 10 outfielders to have missed out on matchday squads the most, 7 are summer signings.

It's also possible that it takes Warne a while to understand what the players are physically capable of. In is pre-match presser, he mentioned adapting Mendez-Laing's training schedule to make sure they get more out of him on matchdays.

Also worth pointing out we have much better facilities than they have at rovrum. Better analytics, medical staff and training facilities will all be a massive help. All part of the little things that add up to bigger things.

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Don’t know, I don’t watch Rotherham.

Is this the 5 minute argument or the full half hour.

Full Half Hour? When I was a lad we had to have a minimum of 10 minutes doubting what someone said, followed by at least 20 minutes disputing their statement before you could even think about calling it an argument.

41 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Full Half Hour? When I was a lad we had to have a minimum of 10 minutes doubting what someone said, followed by at least 20 minutes disputing their statement before you could even think about calling it an argument.

No you didn’t.

Sorry just seen above.

Edited by Foreveram

8 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

A few months ago a Rotherham fan came onto this forum to see how we were doing under their ex-boss. He asked, amongst other things, whether we were getting loads of injuries, especially during training and especially soft-tissue injuries.

How did he know? 

I’d be more intrigued if it was hard tissue injuries. Wouldn’t be out as long injured and would only require a phone with PH and some tissue 

Edited by Barney1991

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

So we know now that a two-goal victory takes us into the top two and one point off top.

Come on Derby; step up and grab the prize.

We never seem to step up and embrace the pressure of these moments. Instead in the past we have shrunk from them. Today there were wins for Barnsley, Oxford, Peterborough and Stevenage. We're at home against a team low in the table. To remain on track, we also have to win or we will have fallen back into the pack. If we are victorious, I think it will indicate something of a turning point in the mentality of the squad - that we are not afraid of fully entering the promotion battle. And it would be amazing if we were to move into second spot as our reward. I'm intrigued to see how the players react and if they will seize the day. This should be their time.

Come on you Rams!

Looking forward to the game on monday, and a big prize awaits, top 2 if we win by 2 goals, so come on lads ( the players and coaching team) show us u now believe, that promotion is on, and us the fans need to play our part and get the stadium rocking,, and roar our team DCFC on to victory. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

On 12/01/2024 at 13:31, sage said:

It will be interesting to see if the injuries lead us to a back 3/5 or 4.

The 3/5 would look like

Nelson  Bradley  Cashin

Barkhuizen                      Elder

Whereas a 4 may look like 

Nelson Bradley Cashin  Elder

There may be a wildcard solution like Tommo at RWB.

Don't want a back 3/5, we look vunerable even against teams in the bottom half of this league.

On 11/01/2024 at 21:59, DCFC1388 said:

I cant see Oduroh featuring, it would mean he cant go out on loan again which id imagine is what we want to do.

I dont think Burton will come away to us & play 2 up front so I think we will stick with a back 4. Nelson was set to play right back vs Fleetwood but Warne changed to a back 3 when he saw the Fleetwood lineup with 2 strikers, so i think Nelson may end up right back.

Vickers - Nelson Cashin Bradley Elder - Bird Hourihane - Barkhuizen Thompson NML - Collins

Wildsmith Wilson Fapetu Fornah Sibley TJJ Brown

I do think maybe Wilson might make the bench.

Where does Corey Blackett-Taylor fit in, would you not put him on the bench.