Wigan Athletic v Derby County

B4’s Sister

"Technically", that was a first class away day job done by all involved.

A tad disappointed we didn't capitalise more on our first half superiority.
And in fairness, that nervy last 20 minute watch was based more on history than what was actually happening on the pitch, but that doesn't make it any less nervy.

Still... correct score on the prediction thingy, another 3 points on the board, and Pompey, we really are coming for you.

Happy Boxing Day, fellow Rams.
🐏🍻

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

So annoying that Bolton and Oxford scored late on 😩

Good away win, played them off the park first half and despite them getting a bit more territory and pressure second half the lads stood firm. Would have preferred Warne made subs earlier to secure the 3 points sooner as I nearly soiled myself waiting for the final whistle but what can you do eh?! 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

22 points from the last 24 available, 7 wins and a draw in the last 8 games…not a bad festive season so far 😁 

Up the blinkin’ sheep shaggin’ rams! 🐏 

Late subs and the 'hold what we have' mentality we have late in games are my only complaints against Warne at the moment. He's totally turned my opinion around in the past month or so and in all honesty he's done a great job. Some of the football we played in the first half was lovely to watch. Get something out of the next two games and we'll be the team everyone else is worried about. Roll on Friday!

Good performance and great result, that shouldn’t have been anywhere near as close as it was in the end.

We created a number good chances, but didn’t capitalise, hopefully we can address this problem in the next window and that will take us to the next level. 

Defence was solid as usual and Nelson helped out our attackers with a nice header (what a signing he’s been). Defence is certainly the grounding for our recent success and long may that continue.!

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Most of their late pressure came down our left where Fozzy was repeatedly isolated 2v1.

After barkhuizen went off, who was supposed to be covering that wing? Sibley? NML?

Subs too late...we carried a number of players who were struggling and ineffective from middle part of the 2nd half. Wilson, Hourihane, NML.

Good win tho....

Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Don't know about the table, but Beeb defo showed a 3-1 win... with 2 goal scorers listed below each team! 🤣

#clear as mud

I checked on my phone at full time, the sky app said 3-1 to boro, so I checked the BBC app, which also said 3-1.🤔

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Don't know about the table, but Beeb defo showed a 3-1 win... with 2 goal scorers listed below each team! 🤣

#clear as mud

Something’s definitely wrong with the beeb and SkySports app/websites 😆 . I’ve edited my post with a more accurate table, makes for good reading, autos is definitely a possibility if we can maintain momentum and form. 

IMG_1381.jpeg

Posh and Reading definitely drew 2-2

Edited by Caerphilly Ram