Next 3

MackworthRamIsGod

The footy might be dire (it is), but we are getting the results and the team and manager have put us in with a real chance of automatic promotion....and what an opportunity we have with the next 3 games.

What are we thinking from the next 3?

Wigan (a)

Oxford (a)

Peterborough (h)

I think 2 wins, Wigan and Peterborough and I'd be happy with that (remind me when we lose to Oxford).

But we are more than capable of 3 wins and being top 2 going into Jan. 

I hope we do it, for the City for B4 and anyone else we have lost in 2023.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think we'll get 4 points, maybe 3.

I'm not being negative, I just think we'll drop a couple of b******* against teams good enough to exploit them.

I'd be delighted if we get more than that but won't get down if we end up with a couple of losses. There's still a long way to go in the season.

Tend to agree, the only thing I’m clinging to is the fact we play better against teams that come out to play against us which gives us the room on the break. A lot of our good early season away wins were against those teams, although seems a long while ago now 

6 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I'd take 5 points and extending the unbeaten run...or 6 points.

Good question that, would you rather 5 points or 6 points? Assuming the win is vs Wigan, would you rather 2 points vs the other 2, or a win and a loss?

I think there is something very positive about not losing, even if it means 1 point less. Also preventing a rival gaining 3 points vs us is possibly better than having 1 extra point ourselves.

You know what? Its Christmas, we're in form (resultswise) and I'm going to be optimistic. 

9 points. The Oxford match being a performance too as at home they aren't playing with a flat back 9. We emerge from the Christmas fixtures as the team seen as most likely to catch Portsmouth, even though we all then say: "We aren't playing that well and Cashin is about to leave".

Honestly… I think we need to win all three. 

To get top two in this league you have to be relentless. It’s such a poor league that any dropped points end up costing you as everyone around you wins. We had a woeful start to the season so we have to recover that now to get back to the magic 2 point a game mark. The recent run has gone some way to achieving that, but we’re still a little way off.

It won’t be easy, but getting wins against some of your main promotion rivals would go a long way to making up for those early season mistakes. They’re not called 6 pointers for nothing. Playing tough opponents during a busy schedule isn’t ideal - but we have as much (if not more) quality, and should be fresher than the opposition given we played yesterday rather than Saturday. 

There’s no reason at all why we shouldn’t be able to beat any team in this league. We should go into these games with that mentality and aim to win all of them.

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think we'll get 4 points, maybe 3.

I'm not being negative, I just think we'll drop a couple of b******* against teams good enough to exploit them.

I'd be delighted if we get more than that but won't get down if we end up with a couple of losses. There's still a long way to go in the season.

Nah, that’s not B4…… 10 points minimum 😉

4 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Take 9 points.

None of this 'settle for a draw' cobblers.

Go and beat them all.

This. We should be going in to every game this season with a level of confidence that we can win the game. We wont always win of course but there should be absolutely nothing for us to fear from anyone in this league.