Next 3

MackworthRamIsGod

I have a feeling we will lose at Wigan and Peterborough but beat Oxford in between.

It would very much be the Derby Way to lose the games we are expected to win and then win the game against Oxford away where the fans think it might be difficult to get a result.

Both Wigan and Oxford are in poor form, so the table would suggest we'll get 4~6 points from the first 2 leaving a match-up of the two most in form sides (in our case still not from an aesthetic point of view) of League One to battle it out for 2nd place in the table. That would be v.nice.

Still, the win against Lincoln has certainly added to my festive spirit and hopefully we can continue it into the New Year. 😀

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This. We should be going in to every game this season with a level of confidence that we can win the game. We wont always win of course but there should be absolutely nothing for us to fear from anyone in this league.

How strange, all xG tables suggest we should draw v Oxford (marginal advantage Oxford), draw v Posh (marginal advantage Derby) and beat Wigan = 5 points.

If you go by the balance of the reverse fixtures instead (you shouldn't), we lose to both Oxford and Wigan and draw the other one or win at a stretch (1 to 3 points). Our own recent form, 3 great games 3 average ones (or 4/5 apiece).

Now of course we may get fewer or more depending on luck or form on the day, but where exactly does this notion of "9 points" stem from?

13 minutes ago, ap04 said:

How strange, all xG tables suggest we should draw v Oxford (marginal advantage Oxford), draw v Posh (marginal advantage Derby) and beat Wigan = 5 points.

If you go by the balance of the reverse fixtures instead (you shouldn't), we lose to both Oxford and Wigan and draw the other one or win at a stretch (1 to 3 points). Our own recent form, 3 great games 3 average ones (or 4/5 apiece).

Now of course we may get fewer or more depending on luck or form on the day, but where exactly does this notion of "9 points" stem from?

I'd like to say I wholeheartedly agree with that.

I can't, as I haven't got a bloody clue what you are wittering on about... but I'd like to.

If they offered a cuddle emoji reaction thing, I would have given you one.  (Stop it!)

36 minutes ago, ap04 said:

Now I’m confused.

I thought Xg related to incidents (I.e. goal scoring opportunities and the quality of those opportunities) that actually occurred during the game, and therefore a kind of post match analysis rather than any sort of pre match prediction. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shows how much I know.

5 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

I'd be both surprised and delighted with 8 points from these three games

5 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

image.png.8dc9cd0765cd723cfa22e930a9d23a31.png

5 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'd always be surprised by 8 points from 3 games.

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Bloody Hell !!! Leave the Christmas Sherry alone

Well that was a little too easy... Come on guys, I was being jovial!

Fishing Fail GIF by Conesulfoz

13 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Now I’m confused.

I thought Xg related to incidents (I.e. goal scoring opportunities and the quality of those opportunities) that actually occurred during the game, and therefore a kind of post match analysis rather than any sort of pre match prediction. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shows how much I know.

xG has many uses. You can't see it with your eyes, or hold it in your hands, but like the wind it covers our land, strong enough to rule the heart of any man.

Powerful stuff.