Derby v Lincoln City

B4’s Sister

41 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

I didn't turn out tonight. Family thing.

Got back for the last 35 mins on Rams TV. 

While I was watching we grabbed two, and had further positions could have capitalised on.

6 wins in 7...magic. All a bit 'meh' though, innit? When's the fun start?

Promotion seasons are rare and brilliant. Dont wait until the end to enjoy it, Get to every game you can and sing your heart out for 98 minutes, then when you are old, you will remember these days like us lot do the Clough, Cox and Smith days.

Come on you great big beautiful Rams.

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

My take from watching on RamsTV, but I feel somewhat we are currently playing in second gear. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, in that I think how we are playing is pushing teams out of position and we find gaps on the wing or around the box, but it’s also can be a slog to watch. We spent years in the champ working out how to break through teams that sit in at PP and maybe this is a good way to counter it.

We won’t get away with it over the next few games, and I don’t think Warne is best pleased with the last couple of performances either so I expect something to change. We will have a very good indication about where we are after Jan 1st I think. 

The game we lost 1-0 to Millwall was a particular favourite the week after we were robbed at Burnley.  Their goalie was concussed, broke two arms and two legs and got castrated all within 90 minutes. Somehow he carried on and was a proper trooper.  Nowadays that match would have gone on for 2 hrs.

10 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

It’s a long way to Lincoln when you’re 💩 That chant made me laugh 😂 Enjoyed the match tonight. Had a pic with Rammie too 🐏 

929054a2-4c52-44aa-8804-0cd81f60aa62.jpeg

Said it before and will say it again, you’re taking us through to the end of the season, unbeaten!! And in true b4 style. 

34 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

Haaland is acknowledged by many as one of the best centre forwards at the moment, I hate to use stats because they need context and you can spin them anyway to prove a point, but I personally think a CF will have less touches because you want them in the box more, it's what they do with them that counts more than the quantity.

Against Red Star Belgrade EH had 16 touches, Against West Ham it was 22 touches and Fulham 17 touches. Today Collins had 17 including one goal 😏

Van Nistlerooy was the master at goals with no other contribution but he scored lots.  We had a mini me version in Strupar who had the overall game of a snail but hit a ball like an exocet.  Shame he had so many injuries.  That Everton game were Foletti  cost us 3 goals and he came on a sub and smashed in two beauties was a perfect example.  He'd been fit we'd have stayed up.  

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Unfortunately, Hourihane and Bird are untouchable. Can play s**** for weeks on end and never get hooked. Wasn’t Fornah’s best game, but he was no worse than a handful of others tonight. 

But Fornah was worse than Bird and Hourihane tonight. Sadly Fornah was ineffective, giving the ball away too often ( not that Bird and Hourihane don't also give the ball away) and running into blind alleys.

28 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

It’s a long way to Lincoln when you’re 💩 That chant made me laugh 😂 Enjoyed the match tonight. Had a pic with Rammie too 🐏 

929054a2-4c52-44aa-8804-0cd81f60aa62.jpeg

Lovely photo! But a disappointing lack of scraves and flanges. 🐏 

Not a great game but deserved the points......not a bad outcome with, in my opinion, 4 or 5 players being some way below their best.

Nelson and Cashin excellent. Forsyth, Hourihane and Collins very good (and I'm not doing a Sky and blowing smoke up the backsides of goal scorers). Sibley had a good 5 or 10 mins when he came on and was then a bit meh - but in those 5 or 10 mins he changed the momentum of the game. Wilson was a bit meh for 10 mins and then was then very good.

Mick Harford sat in front of us......wonder if he needs a very, very expensive replacement for the poor lad with the heart condition.

38 minutes ago, California Ram. said:

Rare trip home for this one - thought centre backs were excellent, two great finishes, easily the better team - as is so often the case in this league. 

great numbers from Lincoln fans on a Thursday night for their cup final. Thought we were quiet, but I was in the West Stand so it might have been that !

Ward’s crossing in the first half (particularly his corners) is a real strength despite his moment of madness in defence. Just not quite sure where he fits in defensively.  Nyambe was a great signing and want him back. 

great to see Thompson back on the pitch. Hope he can play a significant part second half of the season. 

Out Wide with Nyambe behind would be about the best I suppose. He's a winger really and looked our best player before he got injured.  He just can't defend with any reliability.  Him and Wilson playing 45 minutes a piece out wide should really be a pain in the arse for a fullback.  

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

What Sibley did was exactly what Bird and Fornah don't.  Give a defence something to be concerned with, by running at them 40 yards from goal rather than collecting sideways on and moving slowly.  it's shifting them from a a comfortable position in their own third and making space.  Sometimes he's better at it than at other times but I can't see any benefit in him sitting on his arse watching Fornah looking like Bambi on ice for an hour. He's a better player.

I thought both Fornah and Bird looked weak tonight and some awful passes and decision making ….supposed to tackle in midfield I thought lol wouldn’t be that concerned if we sold Bird in Jan as I think we need more in a CM might give us some money to spend 

2 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Played crap, won convincingly. That'll do.

But we didn’t play crap. Was all a bit odd really. Warne’s RD interview was certainly weird. We played pretty well overall imo but PW was very downbeat. I wonder what games are being played with the players’ minds. 

We had some fabulous passages of play on the left in the top third.  (I feel the criticism of Barkhuizen is unfair.) But mainly we again lacked connectivity between the players. In possession players find themselves in static, isolated positions - Fozzie especially - they have no support and they end up with a back pass or with a speculative ball forward which usually doesn’t work. Every once in a while we find an overload but most of the time it’s the opposite. We had several throws in the first half when embarrassingly the thrower had zero options. Partly it’s fitness. But more it’s the positions players hold when we’re in possession which leaves us too spread. I think it’s maybe driven by an obsession with width and wanting always to keep the long ball an option .

I fear the lack of a cohesive midfield might be our downfall 

Edited by kevinhectoring

3 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I thought both Fornah and Bird looked weak tonight and some awful passes and decision making ….supposed to tackle in midfield I thought lol wouldn’t be that concerned if we sold Bird in Jan as I think we need more in a CM might give us some money to spend 

I thought Bird was trying to create openings all match and was unlucky with a few fouls the ref didn't give and ricochets that fell kindly for the defence.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Will take that , yes we are frustrating at times and that’s not down to warne it’s down to the players who just at times pass very poorly , there’s a reason we don’t play through the middle much , it’s because we hit poor passes and players are drawn to the ball rather than moving intelligently to create space and options , it’s not all on warne demanding the ball wide every time , then we have little spells where we click and don’t force it and hey presto we look like a team , bloody shame that last minute penalty for Wycombe 😡,

the haters popped in again briefly tonight I see , I mean ffs some people really need to get a grip , Paul warne is a football manager , he’s doing an ok job at worst and on top of that it’s clear he is a decent kind of human being , the crap aimed at him from some on here is beyond the pale 

Absolutely nailed it on the head. Our passing is poor and players either don’t move into spaces or don’t move towards the ball in front of the opposition. Our first touch control of the football was also very poor tonight, as were our throw ins, which at times were comical with Hourihane and Fornah waltzing past each other. By just doing a few very basics better we could be so much more effective. I am not blaming Warne either, these are basic things I would expect a professional footballer to be able to manage.