42 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Premier League Thurs 21/12/2023

Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Brighton & Hove Albion

Attendance 24,171

EFL Sky Bet League One

Derby County 3 - 1 Lincoln City

Attendance 27,192

…………no further comment required. 👍🐏

Well there is really. Here's another perspective: Palace game was a sell out, capacity at Selhurst is 25k so they couldn't have got any more in.. We had 5,000 empty seats. Numbers don't tell every story. 

18 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I didn't see it as weird.

Warne wears his heart in his sleeve and despite the win he clearly wasn't remotely happy with the performance, particularly of some players (ward especially) and finds it hard not to show exactly how he's feeling.

I'm glad he wasnt happy with that,we can and have played a lot better and we need to strive to improve if we are going to go up in the automatics.

We are on a great run, have just won at home and have a few crucial games coming up. Lincoln didn't look like scoring tbh until we gifted them a goal.

What was missing was a bit of a spark, a bit more imagination, less of the same (obviously dictated) strategy to go out wide constantly. 

No lack of effort or running. It felt like our shortcomings were more tactical and personnel than anything.  Seemed a strange time to get overly critical to me. Like something had happened we weren't party to.

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

We are on a great run, have just won at home and have a few crucial games coming up. Lincoln didn't look like scoring tbh until we gifted them a goal.

What was missing was a bit of a spark, a bit more imagination, less of the same (obviously dictated) strategy to go out wide constantly. 

No lack of effort or running. It felt like our shortcomings were more tactical and personnel than anything.  Seemed a strange time to get overly critical to me. Like something had happened we weren't party to.

I think you are scrutinising it too intensely.

Warne doesn't do subtle,he happy or he's pissed off with little in-between plus he's a perfectionist which leads to the sort of interview we saw last night.

I can see where he's coming from to be honest.I thought out overall performance was pretty lacklustre and needs a lot of improvement but I'm happy with a win.

If he'd of been outwardly happy with the game,then that's when I would have been concerned.

4 minutes ago, ck- said:

Has anyone got a different angle for Collins’ goal? He looked offside in the replays I’ve seen, but live at the game I thought a Lincoln defender over the other side of the pitch played him on. 

Not watched yet but presume there will be a few angles in this

30 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Warne's interview was a bit odd. Overly negative, quite awkward as well ..not jovial. His 'maybe this is as good as we are' answer was an interesting one. It's what a lot of fans are thinking/saying but seems strange for him to say it.

Not seeing it. I think he's a little weary as he seems a man who lives on his nerves and I think he's letting folk know how he feels with some honesty, nothing more. In fairness, would you not be somewhat defensive given the absolute pelters the man gets from some. I mean look at this forum - we're meant to be 'supporters' on here yet some folk can't even help the odd snidey even after 6 wins from 7. Why would he be happy? He knows he can't win, no matter how hard he works and it must be hateful and quite exhausting and while we all put our feet up, he has a tricky and hectic schedule to navigate with little or no time for him and the lads to rest and little or no thanks for doing it. Not referring to you btw the way, just addressing the 'odd' bit and you'll know whom I'm talking about with the rest.

13 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Do you think that maybe we go out wide because that's where the space is ? For me, the opposition have looked at our games and are condensing the midfield and forcing us to use the wide players. I saw a post yesterday where it said Sibley changed the game (thought he did well when coming on), but for me the second goal changed it.

It was no coincidence that Lincoln had to open up more, pushing players forward to chase the game and therefore opening up the pockets that previously weren't there. Hence why in the last quarter our play changed more to go through the middle, Bird being a great example of someone who struggled to contribute in the final third, was suddenly finding space and looked so a danger.

Just how I saw it anyway 😏

5 hours ago, SKRam said:

Realise some won’t be happy till we’ve won League 1 but in the meantime…… We’ve had worse league tables to look at on Christmas Day. 
Merry Christmas 🐏 everywhere 

B16F9DF4-1029-45E0-9EB8-B25807A8DDF3.png

Some of us aren’t allowing ourselves to get too carried away but that doesn’t mean we “won’t be happy until we’ve won league 1”. 

I’m very pleased with where we’re sitting right now and will begin to really believe if results go our way tomorrow and we pick up a decent number of points over our next three games. COYR.

7 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Not seeing it. I think he's a little weary as he seems a man who lives on his nerves and I think he's letting folk know how he feels with some honesty, nothing more. In fairness, would you not be somewhat defensive given the absolute pelters the man gets from some. I mean look at this forum - we're meant to be 'supporters' on here yet some folk can't even help the odd snidey even after 6 wins from 7. Why would he be happy? He knows he can't win, no matter how hard he works and it must be hateful and quite exhausting and while we all put our feet up, he has a tricky and hectic schedule to navigate with little or no time for him and the lads to rest and little or no thanks for doing it. Not referring to you btw the way, just addressing the 'odd' bit and you'll know whom I'm talking about with the rest.

It was no big deal to me. I've always been on his side, especially in relation to his style of football.

We were all sat in the car after the game and his tone seemed unnecessarily irritable. 

I was most interested in him saying 'maybe this is as good as we are'... because I'm constantly thinking we won but can play better ..but we never seem to. Was interested if he thinks certain players are under performing, if he wants money for recruitment or thinks the fans are expecting too much with what we have..

38 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Well there is really. Here's another perspective: Palace game was a sell out, capacity at Selhurst is 25k so they couldn't have got any more in.. We had 5,000 empty seats. Numbers don't tell every story. 

Well your other perspective can be looked at in two ways. Firstly the way you want to look at it and secondly you could imagine if the situations were reversed. Derby v Forest or Leicester - and equivalent 'local Derby' fixture but in the Prem. That would be a sell out too, but with 32+K there. Then Palace v Brighton in the third division. 25K sellout? Not bloody likely. 

33 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not watched yet but presume there will be a few angles in this

This is the best I could find. 
in the first picture he looked well offside but in the second, the player I have arrowed was just standing around. If he’d been there when the ball was played, then Collins is onside. That’s what I thought I saw live. 

IMG_3790.png

IMG_3792.jpeg

Pinched from the Lincoln forum……..Barney Imp.

“Not the result that we might have perhaps hoped for but one that was perhaps expected, especially against a club that is spending fantasy money as if they were still in the top flight.”

…………………….(insert your own expletive here) 👍🐏

10 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Love the angle behind the goal for Hourihane’s strike, seeing the way he anticipates the ball’s movement, sets himself and strikes it so sweetly is so satisfying to watch. I think he’s as good an option as any to play the “10” role if it’s goals and assists we need, might not have the legs to press as well as others but his technique for striking the ball must be right up there compared to his colleagues. Play Bird as the deep lying player with Hourihane and Sibley/Tommo ahead of him. 

You’re right that bird should be playing where Hourihane is. And of course Hourihane can on the odd occasion score fine goals like that but it’s not what we want. He’s now like Rooney in his post cake phase and we’re a stronger with him on the bench. 

3 minutes ago, ck- said:

This is the best I could find. 
in the first picture he looked well offside but in the second, the player I have arrowed was just standing around. If he’d been there when the ball was played, then Collins is onside. That’s what I thought I saw live. 

IMG_3790.png

IMG_3792.jpeg

Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to tell from the angles we get.

3 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

“Not the result that we might have perhaps hoped for but one that was perhaps expected, especially against a club that is spending fantasy money as if they were still in the top flight.”

We probably do pay players 3 or 4 times what they do... We also get over 3 times as many fans at our home games. The narrative we spend money is laughable when we haven't spent a fee in about 4 years at this point.

26 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I was most interested in him saying 'maybe this is as good as we are'.

I'd agree with him on that too, taking into account the injury roster. There are incremental gains to be made, but for us to take a significant stap forward, we need to sign a dynamic CAM and a Steve Howard type striker. If we do, we can finish top. If not, it remains somewhat in the balance. Just my opinion! 

15 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Barney's a bit of a meat trumpet, isn't he! 🤣