Derby v Lincoln City

B4’s Sister

Great with 3 points not playing great in any way. Can only see Bolton and Pompey challenge us for top 2. If Lincoln would won (never close really) they would be 2 points after us but we are so so much better and that tell me we ought to beat almost every team in this division. 2024 might turn out to be a good year after all. COYR!

10 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Most of the teams in this league are s**** and I think we look just as bad as the rest a lot of the time

But we’re starting to have games now where we’re able to put it together for 15/20 mins at a time which seems to be enough to win games

Despite the amount of people on here who spiralled into crisis mode at 1-1, just look at the table tonight

- Joint second most goals scored in the league

- Second tightest defence in the league

- One point off the automatics and into third (for the time being)

We’ve got a lot of room to improve but, if we do improve, we can actually get automatically promoted this season if we have an alright January

Why not us? The rest of them are crap as well

I guess that means we should probably deserve to be second place...

Portsmouth draw too many games and their luck with run out

WE ARE COMING FOR YOU POMPEY!

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Sibley changed that game. Played far better when he was introduced. Sage in tatters. 

Agreed he certainly made a positive impact (although I'd be tempted to say the impact made by Wilson was even better). If only he'd hit the ball towards the goal when NML's effort was saved and played a sensible pass instead of taking a wild shot towards the end it would have an excellent game for him.

11 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Lovely early Christmas present. Won't get a better one. Now Derby  don't ruin my Boxing Day. I've forked out £31 for a ticket see you at Wigan. Looking forward to a celebratory Wigan kebab after the game. 

Screenshot_20231221_214045_Chrome.thumb.jpg.79f8de3360607779afcfd294ab68addb.jpg

No reason we shouldn't beat Wigan .  There results over the last few weeks have been pretty gash from what I can see.  However, Wigan on Boxing day is a 0-0 Christmas tradition. The rest is a bonus. 

5 minutes ago, InstaRam said:

Great with 3 points not playing great in any way. Can only see Bolton and Pompey challenge us for top 2. If Lincoln would won (never close really) they would be 2 points after us but we are so so much better and that tell me we ought to beat almost every team in this division. 2024 might turn out to be a good year after all. COYR!

Steady on buddy. Let's not get carried away. I'm happy to celebrate the win and sitting 3rd in the league but the mood on this forum could very quickly change with the next three games looking potentially tricky. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Steady on buddy. Let's not get carried away. I'm happy to celebrate the win and sitting 3rd in the league but the mood on this forum could very quickly change with the next three games looking potentially tricky. 

Yeah, those are my thoughts really. If we get through the next 3 games in good shape, we will be in a really good position, but this forum is mood swingy enough without setting unrealistic expectations. 

A poor division but currently ahead of expectations and that is despite playing half a season with really only Collin’s as a striker. We haven’t yet played consistently well but crucially are winning games.

The Jan window is the most significant in years with potentially some going’s, but it is the comings that we need to get right. Striker, central midfielder and winger needed for me with pace added. Huge ask but get it right and we finish top two.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yeah, those are my thoughts really. If we get through the next 3 games in good shape, we will be in a really good position, but this forum is mood swingy enough without setting unrealistic expectations. 

I still think we are poor/ better then what we was but feel we are riding our luck.