Derby vs Wycombe Wanderers

B4’s Sister

If we had come away from the game 1 nil winners I would still have the same opinion that yes Warne is doing a great job getting the results he is paid to do, but have I really enjoyed a game this season and come away saying how well we played, unfortunately the answer is no, I can’t honestly say I have enjoyed one of our performances yet this season which is sad 😞 

I found that very frustrating.

Trying to get players sent off by feigning injury is pathetic in my opinion. It’s a shame Collins didn’t just go over to him and do him over and actually give him a reason to writhe about on the floor. in my opinion the referee was all about proving to the premier league that she won’t be swayed by the home crowd and as a consequence gave us nothing. The way Taylor completely ignored her and brushed her aside when told to go off towards the East Stand shows that she didn’t have control.

That being said we ultimately didn’t win against a really poor team because we were crap, ponderous in possession and lacked any sort of plan. Too many didn’t turn up. Too many showed why they play in the 3rd division. A very disappointing and frustrating afternoon. 

🐏

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im not having a pop or looking for an argument .. cos have had enough of that for one night 

but just asking u genuinely, u say she was poor 

but the nml one was as sure as day yellow, the CH one was also the same .. aka overran it and launched recklessly into the challenge and the sibley one was sibley being his usual reckless self.. so no complaints on her there.

birds obviously was too

the collins / their fella one probably could have avoided yellows but lets be honest anytime players do that at any level its always “here a yellow each, now feck off” 

Yes she was really poor, as poor as the usual tripe we get. Way below the standards she set when she’s previously reffed us. Been on here saying she was the best ref we had last season.

She dished out 6 yellow cards in the first half hour!! And it wasn’t a dirty game! There’s no going back from that. The Sibley one was a joke. The NML wasn’t a yellow in my view,strikers tackle if you give one like that you give it later in the game not so early. She didn’t need to give the yellows to leahy and Collo, she didn’t give yellows twice in first half to Wycombe players when she should’ve done for bad tackles, once when she played advantage (rightly despite the boos) and should’ve gone back to book the Wycombe player. Bird Hourihane decisions spot on, penalty is a debatable one, soft decision but down to interpretation so some blame there but not much, and then what about where she accidentally blocked the Derby attack and gave Wycombe the f****** ball on the restart!! 🤬

The really big calls she might have got just about right but her management of the game was hopeless!! 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Watch the tommy barks interview … its a pen 

And yes the players bought it .. but doesnt stop it being a pen.. as soft as hell as it is 

he felt contact, he when down.. welcome to football in 2023 people 

Why would you watch his interview to decide whether it was a penalty or not?

I'd prefer to watch the footage myself, which confirms what I thought at the time, the player was on his way to the floor before Ward was even close to him.

Wycombe forums think the ref was spot on with all counts…

“Side note. Excellent referee today. Got every decision right in my eyes.

Kim_il_Swan

5:01PM

Erroll_Sims5:00 pm

Thought the ref was great today, shows the difference a quality ref makes

Also thought it should have been a red card for an obvious penalty 

oh the joy of opposing forums 😂

45 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Obviously you do so please tell me why Warne brings Bradley on when we’re chasing the game at home to Wycombe and leaves JJ on the bench until later🤔

To play three at the back so Ward and Wilson (relative to Forsyth) could push 20 to 30 metres further forward and NML could support Collins. I was happy with that switch at was more attacking and seemed to get us in and around their box more. I would have swapped JJ for Collins at the same time though. JJ seemed to be too deep when he came on.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im not having a pop or looking for an argument .. cos have had enough of that for one night 

but just asking u genuinely, u say she was poor 

but the nml one was as sure as day yellow, the CH one was also the same .. aka overran it and launched recklessly into the challenge and the sibley one was sibley being his usual reckless self.. so no complaints on her there.

birds obviously was too

the collins / their fella one probably could have avoided yellows but lets be honest anytime players do that at any level its always “here a yellow each, now feck off” 

so its the pen, which tom barks has already said in interview “wardy got caught the wrong side and clipped him” and the nml where the defender played the ball and caught him on the follow through which shaun barker and rams tv didnt think it was either

i dont think she did a lot wrong tbh,  our players though … good grief

I didnt think we warranted more than a point but goes without saying gutted to not have walked away with more 

But onwards and upwards 

Thing is she was picky, the decisions she did make were pretty much right but that doesn’t excuse that she missed two blatant hand balls, two examples of cheat diving, one nasty late trip that deserved a booking. Played advantage after another offence similar to a booking she gave against us, but took no action. Failed to book the substituted player who willfully ignored a direct instruction from her ( and grinning while he was doing it. ) Card happy, ruined what should have been a game of football. On paper it was an average league 1 performance but as a cogwheel in sporting entertainment it was a pile of rubbish. Detracted from the game and made mistakes to boot. This is not a gender issue. There are good refs and bad refs. This ref was as substandard today as we were.

It's a disappointing day, but not a disaster.  Hourihane had an off day, but I don't think he really has the legs to affect matches from a deep position. I'm not sure any of the team is a natural holding midfielder. I suppose Bird is the best, but there have been plenty of games when the game has kind of passed him by.  Bird and Sibley were off the pace too - they didn't seem to find much space, yet still got caught out of position in transition. Let's just write it off as 'one of those days' and hope for more dynamism and fewer dumb decisions against Lincoln. UTR.

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Some on this forum amaze me. Just off the back of 5 straight wins and we come up against a cheating or should I say (playing the league one game well) and we get a draw. This forum goes into melt down. PW makes changes and we score. One moment at the end that we didn't deal with and they equalised.  No it wasn't pretty, it wasn't great. But we were awful in the first half so changes were made. We scored then we didn't contain them for 10 minutes.  How is that the managers fault?

The best form of defence is attack..not bringing on Sonny Bradley!!

He invites pressure on us by bringing on an extra defender.

Surely strengthen higher up the pitch and they won't get anywhere near our defence!

The thing is, when you play s*** football, you get away with it when you win..like Rowett for example..but when the results go and you are playing s*** football, there is no hiding place!

17 minutes ago, valakari said:

One thing i noticed v Orient and again today, Ward can't defend..yes he can put crosses in the attacking third..but he leaves a massive gap when we are defending.

When fit, I'd play Nyambe all day long..and stick to a back 4...if we don't keep Nyambe, i worry about us achieving promotion.

Ward can't defend and Nyambe can't attack... Reckon we can squish them both into the same shirt?

(The obvious answer is back 3 with Nyambe on the right with Cash and Nelson and Ward at rwb)

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Some on this forum amaze me. Just off the back of 5 straight wins and we come up against a cheating or should I say (playing the league one game well) and we get a draw. This forum goes into melt down. PW makes changes and we score. One moment at the end that we didn't deal with and they equalised.  No it wasn't pretty, it wasn't great. But we were awful in the first half so changes were made. We scored then we didn't contain them for 10 minutes.  How is that the managers fault?

The results have been pretty decent but a lot of the performances bang average from what I have seen. Hopefully Warne will start learning pretty quickly what has worked and what doesn’t work and build from there. The January window is going to be very important, as is getting Thommo back fit. He will be like a new signing and the little terrier we have been missing in midfield 😊