Derby vs Wycombe Wanderers

B4’s Sister

Warnes fault, he took too long bringing Bradley on, needs to do it earlier, first half perhaps?

Dire game, dire football, we looked like we had been on the p!ss all month.

Ref was terrible as well, I bloody hate Joey Barton, but I'd invite him round for dinner over that useless cow.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

15 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Can you two just skip to the 'my dad's bigger than yours' bit as the early stages of the bicker have been a bit low key.

Ta. 

Deer Popcorn GIF

To be honest mate, I did try and tell him I couldn't be arsed an hour ago .  He then came back and called me a bell . A startling riposte which cut me too the quick truly. I seem too have enraged him somewhat. Never mind eh.

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Worth noting that both NML and Wilson were in dreadful positions to receive the football on the left hand side as it’s just unnatural for them to be over there 

I get u, but doesnt stop him finding a white shirt in some capacity .. im not hating on foz , we know he’ll be back to his reliable best next game but today his radar was well off 

2 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Collins in an off the ball incident here. Did anyone see what happened

Yes, their No 10 faked an injury and dived after Sibs had tackled him cleanly. A deliberate and considered attempt to get Sibs sent off. Blatant cheating. Collins gave the guy a mouthful in support of Sibs and there was a bit of hand bags 

Edited by jono

58 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Todays game pal its a stone wall 

any contact in the box at pace its a pen 

var would have given it.. so in todays game its a pen .. do i think it is .. no , not a f****** chance 

but tbh im asking questions about everything we did that lead to it

so preventable 

I was talking about the one one NML.  I agree with you.  Theirs was a pen, ours wasn't 

Right the penalty...imo the ref has a clear view but to far away to be sure...altho she was sure as she gave a pen, There's a flick on and the player is in front of Ward, Has Ward touched the player...hhmmm, Has the player been cute enough to get his foot to collide with Ward...hhmmm.

This is a 2023 penalty where players now know what to do, We see it all the time, It's down to the ref to decide...a tough call as the angle looks and I say looks like a pen, But we've seen angles where the camara can deceive

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/13032134/derby-1-1-wycombe-league-one-highlights

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Warnes fault, he took too long bringing Bradley on, needs to do it earlier, first half perhaps?

Dire game, dire football, we looked like we had been on the p!ss all month.

Ref was terrible as well, I bloody hate Joey Barton, but I'd invite him round for dinner over that useless cow.

Not her best game , but the majority of fans went crazy when she allowed the Wycombe  player to stay on after treatment due to the Hourihane tackle that brought him a booking . Have a look at the rule book before you get to the game.

No issues with the penalty on seeing it live but thought the game was managed absolutely terribly from a refereeing point of view. Sibley and NML yellows just nonsense which set the stall out meaning she had to book Vokes later on when I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have even heard her whistle. It is easy to say the big decisions were right but the little decisions being wrong has far more of an effect on how the game plays out. 

I remember back when we were in the Championship and you got a Prem ref for the day the difference in quality was noticeable. 

39 minutes ago, admira said:

On the plus side, I took this lovely photo at the game. #nofilter 

FCAAEE9C-D18E-4FC9-8D09-3ED49B7F1E20.jpeg

Apologies @admira,
I previously gave credit to @Elwood P Dowd for this, after they had merely "quoted" your pic.

Anyway, massive congratulations on your runners up prize for this weeks matchday photo competition!  😉👀

33 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I may have a new screensaver for my office monitor...

IMG_2987.thumb.jpeg.f52f61a37d922b39448a57999f765a89.jpeg

Edited by Mucker1884

Not read through the thread but I assume the ref is getting plenty? Thought the referee was fine, the reaction of the crowd to 5 clear and stupid cards invited by a lacklustre Rams in the first half was laughable. From sitting behind it was poor defending for what was a clear pen, if it had been the other way round we would have been baying for it. Unsurprising that many around me were blaming the refs gender including ‘women are not as clever as men’! Sad to say the woman next to me was also joining in. The big disappointment was our performance and the ref was in no way to blame for that!

5 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Right the penalty...imo the ref has a clear view but to far away to be sure...altho she was sure as she gave a pen, There's a flick on and the player is in front of Ward, Has Ward touched the player...hhmmm, Has the player been cute enough to get his foot to collide with Ward...hhmmm.

This is a 2023 penalty where players now know what to do, We see it all the time, It's down to the ref to decide...a tough call as the angle looks and I say looks like a pen, But we've seen angles where the camara can deceive

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/13032134/derby-1-1-wycombe-league-one-highlights

Watch the tommy barks interview … its a pen 

And yes the players bought it .. but doesnt stop it being a pen.. as soft as hell as it is 

he felt contact, he when down.. welcome to football in 2023 people 

14 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Cross it into the box when no ones there ??

ahem tom … not pointing fingers pal but …… 

oh look would u adam and eve it no complaints about the pen 

ill take apologies when ur ready folks .. 

@Gee SCREAMER !! There is a specsavers in derby right ? 

Yes mate. Get down their and see if you can get a date.  Stop you trolling me you lonely b******.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

No issues with the penalty on seeing it live but thought the game was managed absolutely terribly from a refereeing point of view. Sibley and NML yellows just nonsense which set the stall out meaning she had to book Vokes later on when I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have even heard her whistle. It is easy to say the big decisions were right but the little decisions being wrong has far more of an effect on how the game plays out. 

I remember back when we were in the Championship and you got a Prem ref for the day the difference in quality was noticeable. 

The mad thing is though is she was phenomenal the last time we had her. Premier League appointment gone to her head.

She lost complete respect for me when she allowed Lyle Taylor to ignore her entirely to her face and walk off to the bench when she had ordered him to go the other way. You can’t do that and maintain order in the game. 

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

NML was as clear as a day a yellow and by the letter of the new law this season so was Sibleys. 

stop looking for other things to blame…

30 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm more angry with the ineffective performance than the penalty to be honest. 

Wycombe are dross, a poor team in a poor division and we couldn't find a way to get ourselves into a position that put us out of reach of a sucker punch like that.

We weren’t good but at all, but  Wycombe played ugly muscle bound football that we fell for. Funny thing is they had some strong, athletic, reasonably skilled players who, if managed in a different way could be powerful. Instead the just clod hopped us and cheated a bit. Add in a ref who gave them a level of tolerance that she didn’t afford us and it was always going to be difficult. Surprised Wilson wasn’t braver, there was something about their wingback that nullified him too often, he seemed uncharacteristically cautious. Collins worked himself in to the ground and for him held the ball up well. Curtis deserved his MOTM. 

JJ and Fornah made a difference, skill counts