January Reinforcements

sage

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Get some out on loan to bring a couple in .  There must be enough pissed millionaires getting splinters here on a regular basis.  They've had bloody weeks. 

I suppose where that plan falls down is players have to generate interest and also have to be willing to go.

I think we could do with 1-2 more like everyone else, but I don’t agree with signings for the sake of it.

We might just have to go with what we have and see if and how the injuries ease up.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I suppose where that plan falls down is players have to generate interest and also have to be willing to go.

I think we could do with 1-2 more like everyone else, but I don’t agree with signings for the sake of it.

We might just have to go with what we have and see if and how the injuries ease up.

I don’t know how other clubs injury profile looks at the moment but you can’t help feeling we have had our share of bad luck with Wash, Waggy and JJ all at once, but according to some that will be Warne’s fault too…. Buys glass, wrong training methods, should have, could have .. it’s tedious sometimes

7 minutes ago, LN747 said:

Was the scout from Oxford meant to have done wondrous things on a low budget hence the reason we got him?

shouldn’t he be unearthing diamonds from non league ala Phil Gee and get us out of the dog forsaken wasteland of a league 😭

Exeter City have just signed a young lad from Halifax Town and Mo Eisa on loan from MKD. A good investment as Stelling would say and ready for the 13/2.

8 minutes ago, LN747 said:

Was the scout from Oxford meant to have done wondrous things on a low budget hence the reason we got him?

shouldn’t he be unearthing diamonds from non league ala Phil Gee and get us out of the dog forsaken wasteland of a league 😭

My guess is that is what he is doing, but our manager keeps turning players down.

2 minutes ago, jono said:

I don’t know how other clubs injury profile looks at the moment but you can’t help feeling we have had our share of bad luck with Wash, Waggy and JJ all at once, but according to some that will be Warne’s fault too…. Buys glass, wrong training methods, should have, could have .. it’s tedious sometimes

Sorry, can't agree with that.  We signed 3 players who've had injury issues.  One was still recovering from an op when he got here.  Then we signed Embleton with an agreement to pay his wage for 6 months when he had just come back from an op.  We compounded this by giving TJJ a further guaranteed 6 months when he'd had injury issues, which will have restricted our options for strikers this window. Now turns out Elder had an untreated hernia issue when he came in.  It's a risk reward heavily on the risk side without much revenue to risk. I can understand the TJJ to an extent as he has some raw ability and gave an option if we had enough in the tank to add further in the window.  We didn't it seems.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

I think we have an outside chance of automatic promotion as we are looking a comfortable 4th at the moment, so I would imagine there’ll be little to no movement tomorrow.

People demanding we push the boat out on signings when the budget is very limited or reliant on outgoings perhaps signals how we got into this mess in the first place.

Personally I would love to see a new midfielder and a new striker. It would bring excitement and breathe life into the campaign. However this is on a backdrop of decreasing confidence in the recruitment team to deliver.

It seems better to me to wait until the summer when the restrictions will be lifted and we can hopefully make more measured deals than last minute panic signings.

I wouldn’t say we are a comfortable 4th to be fair there’s only 6 points from us to 6 and 7 points to 7th who have 2 games in hand. An injury to Collins with no backup and we are going to struggle to keep the playoffs but may just maintain it. If performances were better and we looked more comfortable in games I’d tend to agree with you but to expect Collins to play the next 19 games in his own is criminal we don’t know how waghorn and Washington will be when they come back. They will likely be back around march and then have to build minutes. And no I don’t want us chucking millions or even higher than half a millions. It’s about time this recruitment guy from Oxford started showing us why clowes bought him to the club and got creative 

Edited by Barney1991

53 minutes ago, jono said:

We brought in upwards of 6 players in the summer with either an injury joining or have been heavily injury prone in the past. Tell me where the smart management is in that? Why keep harping on in interviews that you want pace power and athletism and to bring the age down and then go out and look at players who’s profile are the complete opposite and older than what we already? Instead of spouting the warne fault blah blah at least validate your point!  

granted cbt fits the profile but Gregory certainly doesn’t and is a player I really don’t like the look of injury record wise and last time was here had there season cut short by February having only joined in January 

Edited by Barney1991

8 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

We brought in upwards of 6 players in the summer with either an injury joining or have been heavily injury prone in the past. Tell me where the smart management is in that? Why keep harping on in interviews that you want pace power and athletism and to bring the age down and then go out and look at players who’s profile are the complete opposite and older than what we already? Instead of spouting the warne fault blah blah at least validate your point!  

I think them 6 players that Warne wanted have all been a gamble. The latest rumour news is we are still talking to Sheff Weds about having Mike Smith or Lee Gregory on loan, it all stinks of deseperation by Warne. He stated in an interview he wants to bring youngster in and is looking at either a 32 yr od or a 35 yr old. He sent Brown off to Gateshead at a time when we only have one fit striker. I don't get it with his thinking. All 3 strikers out injured and he also wanted to send Weston out on loan (I think he refused). Please sumbody wrap Collins up in cotton wool.

8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I think we have an outside chance of automatic promotion as we are looking a comfortable 4th at the moment, so I would imagine there’ll be little to no movement tomorrow.

People demanding we push the boat out on signings when the budget is very limited or reliant on outgoings perhaps signals how we got into this mess in the first place.

Personally I would love to see a new midfielder and a new striker. It would bring excitement and breathe life into the campaign. However this is on a backdrop of decreasing confidence in the recruitment team to deliver.

It seems better to me to wait until the summer when the restrictions will be lifted and we can hopefully make more measured deals than last minute panic signings.

yes in L1 with a new manager if we don't get a couple in ...its football and we need players  in as Warne has said himself 

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My guess is that is what he is doing, but our manager keeps turning players down.

“Here you go Paul a young uncovered gem”

” will he laugh at my dad jokes, accept my Netflix box set recommendations, and let me text him 24 hours a day?”

” Lee Gregory it is then gaffer”

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Based off of what Paul Warne has admitted to previously, twice, of course.

Please mods can we have the roll eyes imogi back,,,,,,,

you just come on to slate warne over anything and everything , real , made up or opinion it matters not ,when you’ve got to that stage your posts have no value , it’s just an unhinged series of semi insults to a bloke trying to manage a football club and not just that , it’s a club the he is right in the promotion race with 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Let’s see what happens, but I think we have to be prepared for the reality of our limited finances.

Just dont know any more.

Agree we have limited finances but seem to remember talk from summer window and since that our wage bill is high for the division or at least one of better ones suggesting we have not wanted to pay fees but have paid relatively high wages for short term experienced pros. So presume it is having used wage budget for first team squad that is limiting us.  

Lots of criticism of Mark Thomas but if his remit is to bring in strong players for that next generation looking slightly longer term and PW needs to manage with short term contract older pros with a CBT here and there that isnt fair on either Warne or Thomas as both being slated for what perhaps has always been the plan ?🤷‍♀️.  

This is why I think it is harder to be patient and supportive of current strategy as a fan.  If this is the case and club had said we are building for the future and will do our best to go up this year but bear with us may have been less criticism and more patience.

Other alternative is we cant afford to sack Warne this year and not risking his choices in this window so doing our best to keep Bird/cash hoping we do go up but that we bring in new manager in summer with different outlook who they may wish to sign for.

Who knows? Just seems shambolic but perhaps its not

43 minutes ago, Archied said:

Please mods can we have the roll eyes imogi back,,,,,,,

you just come on to slate warne over anything and everything , real , made up or opinion it matters not ,when you’ve got to that stage your posts have no value , it’s just an unhinged series of semi insults to a bloke trying to manage a football club and not just that , it’s a club the he is right in the promotion race with 🤷🏻‍♂️

Roll eyes emoji would be welcome back , as would a Whinge and Bile filter