That has to be it now surely

Bwash_Ram

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If Clowes isn't angry at the current situation then he really should be. It's his money and his club that Warne is chucking down the drain 

Not to mention the potential losses if we stay in this division , lost gates if  fans no longer have the interest to show up at ‘Pride’ park not much pride there anymore! The football is shocking and the players look lost , confused by whatever Warne is trying to do, besides a few dad jokes and selling Clowes a diamond encrusted  turd during his interview 🤦‍♂️😡

11 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

We’ve won more than we’ve lost, he won’t get the boot til that swing is different… we can’t afford to sack him anyway.

I hope that isn’t the barometer that Clowes is using. This league is s**** which means we could have Kermit in charge and we’d probably still be winning half our matches. 

It’s a very sad situation. I feel the players and the coaching staff have an us against them mentality (Derby supporters being the them) and it’s just toxic. 

Look at the fallout from the game today and I could make an argument for Paul Warne to be one of the most hated managers of this club in my lifetime and probably the most hated manager of the past 20 years. I can only think of John Gregory and Phil Brown as worse situations. I don’t think Jewell got it this bad, certainly didn’t have this level of animosity towards him at the time from memory, in my opinion. 

I think any connection between the fans and Warne is well and truly sullied. Warne is waiting for a payout from Clowes and in the meantime the atmosphere at the club continues to get worse. We are looking at a complete rebuild next summer, again, because of our short-term approach (albeit under restrictions) so the commercial strength of this club, the fans, should be considered. A League One Paul Warne’s Derby County kicks off next season to an opening crowd below 20,000 - in my opinion. 

Losing away to a mid-table team isn't the end of the world. Being close to the play offs fairly early in the season, when we had such a big squad turnover in the summer is not a bad place to be. A large proportion of our fans have regularly called for stability and you don't get that by sacking managers when the position is redeemable. Sacking Warne plus 3 will also take away money that would, ideally, be better spent on players. There is a good case for giving Warne more time.

However, we're Derby County and at the lowest place in our history. There's no discernable playing style, so it's hard to see any 'building' going on. But most importantly, Warne has zero goodwill from the fanbase, and in five decades of watching football, I have never seen a manager come back from that. IMO, Warne's removal from managerial duties is now inevitable. That being the case, it's better that it happens as soon as possible, rather than being dragged out. 

Hopefully Clowes pulls the trigger tonight. Jake Buxton in charge until Wednesday, when we announce Eustace or Wilder.

19 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

...However, we're Derby County and at the lowest place in our history. There's no discernible playing style, so it's hard to see any 'building' going on. But most importantly, Warne has zero goodwill from the fanbase, and in five decades of watching football, I have never seen a manager come back from that. IMO, Warne's removal from managerial duties is now inevitable. That being the case, it's better that it happens as soon as possible, rather than being dragged out. 

Hopefully Clowes pulls the trigger tonight. Jake Buxton in charge until Wednesday, when we announce Eustace or Wilder.

I agree. Even if Warne was kept on and won on Tuesday the fans would be just waiting for the next loss which would surely come quite soon after. There has been no real style of play at Derby most of the time Warne has been here. He was saved by a man he wouldn't have signed last season and so far this season made to look better by another man he didn't want to sign. I mean seriously! FFS!

He's going nowhere just yet, but I'd say him making December is doubtful.

I guess a really abject performance and defeat against Northampton might cause Clowes to act, but I'd be surprised if we don't win that one and keep it stumbling along a few more weeks.

Do the Crewe and Wolves U21 games really matter? Crewe might be the nail in the coffin IF Northampton is a bad night, but just wasn't quite enough to tip the scales.

Then its Barnsley that we wouldn't necessarily expect to win anyway.

The period it will come down to for me is Reading, Bristol, Port Vale and Leyton Orient. Those should be at the very least commanding performances and a bare minimum of 8 points even if luck goes against us.

My money is on him going after Reading or Bristol as it stands. Martin may well deliver the final blow.