Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

I'm amazed at how strongly some people cling on to their oppinions.

Is it pride? Because I don't mind admitting I wanted Warne out earlier in the season, peaking after the defeat at Stevenidge and then come December 29th thought he's going to take us up as champions.

Being a football fan is way more fun when you over react in both directions.

13 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

I'm amazed at how strongly some people cling on to their oppinions.

Is it pride? Because I don't mind admitting I wanted Warne out earlier in the season, peaking after the defeat at Stevenidge and then come December 29th thought he's going to take us up as champions.

Being a football fan is way more fun when you over react in both directions.

Patience grasshopper.

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I see we would have been away to Liverpool in the cup 4th round if we had been prepared properly to beat Crewe. Warne out out.

I'm not sure that's true, I think the ball numbers would've been different if we'd got through.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted a version of this in the match thread but it belongs here I think. I'm Warne out, I have been all season really. Even in our run of form performance levels were frequently poor and we rarely look like a team in control of a football match.

The simple fact is Warne thinks he can approach the Derby job with good vibes and percentage based kick and rush football down the flanks that offers little control. There's not really any nuance to it and any manager with half a brain can figure it out and counter it. 

Despite the above, we have brute forced a number of wins by having better players and a bigger budget than the opposition. If we get promoted we won't have better players and a bigger budget than the opposition. What do we do then?

I maintain that a manager with a more advanced approach to football and how to set a team up would extract better performances out of this team, and the deficiencies I see in Warne's approach will only become more of a problem as time goes on.

19 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I posted a version of this in the match thread but it belongs here I think. I'm Warne out, I have been all season really. Even in our run of form performance levels were frequently poor and we rarely look like a team in control of a football match.

The simple fact is Warne thinks he can approach the Derby job with good vibes and percentage based kick and rush football down the flanks that offers little control. There's not really any nuance to it and any manager with half a brain can figure it out and counter it. 

Despite the above, we have brute forced a number of wins by having better players and a bigger budget than the opposition. If we get promoted we won't have better players and a bigger budget than the opposition. What do we do then?

I maintain that a manager with a more advanced approach to football and how to set a team up would extract better performances out of this team, and the deficiencies I see in Warne's approach will only become more of a problem as time goes on.

Totally agree

His football is dire, his signings bar Wilson, Nyambe and Nelson have been pretty dire and for whatever reason he continues to overlook the fact our midfield is none existent in most games is a major concern..

Sibley being in/out is an example of Warne not having a clue what to do with the balance of the midfield.

Why haven't Warnes signings Washington, Ward, Fornah, Bradley, Elder improved us? All just seem like numbers in the building. 

Add to the list John-Jules,  Springett, Mcgee, White and there's a pattern..

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

you're not allowed to mention this. People don't like it. 

In hindsight he's right, however few of us thought that at the time. I thought Clowes decision was correct at the time and for quite a while afterwards. Its this season really that I've changed my mind

17 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

In hindsight he's right, however few of us thought that at the time. I thought Clowes decision was correct at the time and for quite a while afterwards. Its this season really that I've changed my mind

I was against it when it was announced, he stuck with us through all those hard times kept us fighting then got dumped.