Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

Failing to even reach the playoffs, by however small a margin, would be a massive failure and I'm not sure how anyone could say with good faith (only blind faith) that they'd trust him to carry on and achieve promotion the following season.

He will get us in the play-offs at the very least though, so it's a moot point.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

You're right, I totally forgot Nyambe plays upfront... 😂

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

we are not looking any more consistent or at times convincing than we did last season. Who you say is responsible for that is a personal choice, but for me we have a good budget, a better squad (last season particularly, except no RB - why not Warne?) and a good Club 'structure', what is wrong? Manager.

He was fairly anonymous last season to be honest. 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

Warne has definitely earned the right to be given this season at least. If he wins promotion then he has earned the right to a crack at the championship as well, and provided he doesn't then get us relegated and we can see some progress then the following season as well

HOWEVER that's all predicated on him delivering promotion. He must deliver promotion this season particularly as I expect he will be backed sufficiently in this transfer window to make promotion a reasonable expectation. If he doesn't then he should be replaced. I'm going to give him my full support and backing until the end of the season and see what happens, as we all should. For what its worth I'm quite confident we will in fact get promoted   

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He was fairly anonymous last season to be honest. 😄

I thought that's what you meant but wasn't 100% clear from your wording haha. 

For a more serious response, he's not bought a player yet. I don't think he's working in these amazing circumstances under which any manager should thrive. I think he's showing more adaptability than many would have expected. To go on the run we just have is a good achievement, but we need to repeat it now. No shame in losing to that Peterborough side- best I've seen since we've been in League 1. But we need to rally back again now.

I'm okay with conditional support from the Warne doubters. I think most have learned their vocal criticism early in the season was short-sighted following our unbeaten streak, and they're entitled to their critiques. I just hope we can all unite behind the side for the remainder of the season now.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not going to be convinced by Warne's management style, ever. Yesterday highlighted lots of his 'teams' deficiencies. For me nothing has really changed about 'them' (Warne and co.) since last season and it's not going to - he is what he is. Others will accept promotion as a positive and be 'pro-Warne'. We should have done better last season - Warne agrees! - we are not looking any more consistent or at times convincing than we did last season. Who you say is responsible for that is a personal choice, but for me we have a good budget, a better squad (last season particularly, except no RB - why not Warne?) and a good Club 'structure', what is wrong? Manager.

Oh and the point I was making, was not what I think but what other fans think - there were fans in the East stand according to Jake Barker, being anti-Warne and weren't willing to wait for a 'bad run' of a few games to do that.

I really don't understand how you can say you'll never be convinced by his management style. If (and it's a big if at the moment) we start playing consistently good football (as I said earlier, there will always be the occasional blip along the way) and get promoted won't you be happy with his style? I really don't get how anyone can be so inflexible and not be prepared to accept the possibility (however remote) that things could improve and we perform (in terms of quality of football and achievements) at an acceptable (or better) level. The same could be said of anyone so pro Warne not accepting that he (and his style) isn't working but I don't think there is anyone on this forum that is so determined to see Warne stay come what may.

So, to repeat, although I accept you really can't see it happening, IF we did play good football, got promoted and weren't battling against relegation the following season, you still wouldn't be pro Warne? If the answer is no then he must really done something personal to upset you (IMO).

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I thought that's what you meant but wasn't 100% clear from your wording haha. 

For a more serious response, he's not bought a player yet. I don't think he's working in these amazing circumstances under which any manager should thrive. I think he's showing more adaptability than many would have expected. To go on the run we just have is a good achievement, but we need to repeat it now. No shame in losing to that Peterborough side- best I've seen since we've been in League 1. But we need to rally back again now.

I'm okay with conditional support from the Warne doubters. I think most haI ve learned their vocal criticism early in the season was short-sighted following our unbeaten streak, and they're entitled to their critiques. I just hope we can all unite behind the side for the remainder of the season now.

I expected more adaptability not less. The run we've just been on was like last season, no? Anyway we'll see what January brings, cos Clowes isn't going to change things now.

Most Derby fans are united behind the team. 👍

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I really don't understand how you can say you'll never be convinced by his management style. If (and it's a big if at the moment) we start playing consistently good football (as I said earlier, there will always be the occasional blip along the way) and get promoted won't you be happy with his style? I really don't get how anyone can be so inflexible and not be prepared to accept the possibility (however remote) that things could improve and we perform (in terms of quality of football and achievements) at an acceptable (or better) level. The same could be said of anyone so pro Warne not accepting that he (and his style) isn't working but I don't think there is anyone on this forum that is so determined to see Warne stay come what may.

So, to repeat, although I accept you really can't see it happening, IF we did play good football, got promoted and weren't battling against relegation the following season, you still wouldn't be pro Warne? If the answer is no then he must really done something personal to upset you (IMO).

I don't like the way he plays football. It's my choice and that's it. It may be that Warne proves me wrong, well that will be good for Derby won't it. And that is the point, not what is good for me but what is good for Derby. I happen to think it's not Warne, just like after the 'honeymoon' wore off I didn't think it was Rowett.

Edit: just like there are Derby fans who don't rate Billy D. I loved that season and him and the squad. Personal choice. Geddit?

Edited by RoyMac5

Cant we just delete this thread? Its stupid. We have a decent manager, just had a brilliant run of results, and we need to get behind him and the team to push on. The time to review the managers performance is towards the end of the season, or the end of the season.

I cant believe there were boos at the final whistle yesterday, at the end of a very close game which could have gone either way.

Do we really need such fans both at the ground and here in the forum?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not going to be convinced by Warne's management style, ever. Yesterday highlighted lots of his 'teams' deficiencies. For me nothing has really changed about 'them' (Warne and co.) since last season and it's not going to - he is what he is. Others will accept promotion as a positive and be 'pro-Warne'. We should have done better last season - Warne agrees! - we are not looking any more consistent or at times convincing than we did last season. Who you say is responsible for that is a personal choice, but for me we have a good budget, a better squad (last season particularly, except no RB - why not Warne?) and a good Club 'structure', what is wrong? Manager.

Oh and the point I was making, was not what I think but what other fans think - there were fans in the East stand according to Jake Barker, being anti-Warne and weren't willing to wait for a 'bad run' of a few games to do that.

I have to say I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the football the last 10 games. We had to act quickly in the summer last season and bombarded the team with higher aged players on 2 year deals. Always going to be a problem getting rid of them after 1 season. This summer lots of them are out of contract and this gives us the opportunity to bring the age range right down. You could see yesterday the players were knackered and they had more in the engine the difference between the teams. I wouldn’t say they play great football and how they set up is what warne eventually wants here. Pace on the wings and engines in the middle. Give it time 

Edited by Barney1991

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.thumb.png.5bc9ef4ac452ddca799dd858a1d444a4.png

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I expected more adaptability not less. The run we've just been on was like last season, no? Anyway we'll see what January brings, cos Clowes isn't going to change things now.

I'm of the opinion that if you're calling for the manager's head, or voicing more negativity than anything else, then you're not united behind the team. Actively contributing to the negative dialogue that we have proof the players themselves see doesn't feel too supportive to me- but that's just my take.

Just now, YorkshireRam said:

I'm of the opinion that if you're calling for the manager's head, or voicing more negativity than anything else, then you're not united behind the team. Actively contributing to the negative dialogue that we have proof the players themselves see doesn't feel too supportive to me- but that's just my take.

There's no I in team. Warne is the manager of the first team, he's not the whole Club.

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just on this one point, I felt this recent run was better than the run last season.
There’s probably something statistically that disproves my feelings on it, but my impression is last season it was an unbeaten run which lasted a while but included a lot of draws whereas the 9 game spell we just had included consistently winning home and away, a sort of relentless accumulation of points over a shorter period rather than just avoiding defeat for ages, if that makes sense? 

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Just on this one point, I felt this recent run was better than the run last season.
There’s probably something statistically that disproves my feelings on it, but my impression is last season it was an unbeaten run which lasted a while but included a lot of draws whereas the 9 game spell we just had included consistently winning home and away, a sort of relentless accumulation of points over a shorter period rather than just avoiding defeat for ages, if that makes sense? 

We lost one match  , no biggie , on we go ......

37 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Is it possible to actually voice a negative, pessimistic or even really any alternative opinion to the (for want of a better word) "pro-Warne" narrative without "contributing to the negative dialogue"?

I agree that there are those who simply don't like him and will jump on any bad moment to use against him. 

But it also really concerns me when reasonable criticisms are just shouted down as "moaning", "wrist slashing" and other such terms.

If we are not given a space to criticise and debate managers/players/owners you can end up with a situation where they are essentially allowed to get away with murder and anyone trying to criticise them just gets shouted down. See: Mel Morris.