Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

“ I want a new pony and I want it NOW”

This is how the Warne outers come over to me. 
But the thing that really gets to me is the level of vitriol aimed at individuals both on and off the pitch. It brings everyone down, it undermines confidence and moral throughout the Club and amongst fans. It’s really demoralising. Even tonight there are still some chipping away mostly at Collins. Sad people. 

6 minutes ago, nottingram said:

IMG_4935.thumb.png.5a66e96d9fe0dee125b76c8c77430f48.png

This is a Matt Slater comment on a recent Athletic article he wrote after being a guest of Pearce’s at the Exeter game. 

Believe finances around football are very much his matter of expertise. I suspect we are not sustainable in the true sense of the word I.e profit making, but losses will be sensible as far as that can be the case.

Realistically I think in most cases only player trading can make a club profitable. So I do hope we make progress on creating some saleable assets in the squad but understand why we’ve not been able to do much of that as yet. 

Weirdly enough, I estimated our revenue at £19.5m with a top 3 wage bill, but got criticised by one poster for 'just guessing'. Promotion would result in a c£9m increase in revenue to £28.5m, plus however much higher the née TV deal is worth (can't be bothered to check those details).

Whilst I believe we will see a loss of around £4m for last season, losses in the Championship would be slightly higher. For reference, a midtable wage bill would be £30m - 100% of our revenue. Realistically, we would actually have a similar approach to the GSE days with a bottom 6 budget, around the £20m mark (a bit higher than what we had during administration).

47 minutes ago, David said:

It's not though is it, fair enough you don't agree with those actively wanting Warne out, I disagree with most also, but come on... 

Calling it child-like doesn't really allow for any kind of discussion and it's comments like this which gets others backs up and return fire on you. Then we get the reports roll in, the moderators have to get out of bed, put the Pringles down and start removing posts.

I mean, technically I could pull these posts under the personal insults/inflammatory rule, which let's be honest, that's exactly what it is, although it would be nice if this post to you will make you think, ok, fair enough I'll stop now because there is no need. Especially on a night where we've won 4-0 and even the most ardent Warne Out fan would be in a good mood right now. Why ruin that?

Side note, tonight shows why these type of threads are terrible. Lose and everyone gets fired up with their venomous posts, win and the told you so mob come out. 

But yeah, it's a forum for all opinions, respect others even if you disagree, if we all do that, this forum would be a better place to stay online longer and help me buy that super yacht I have my eye on.

Wish everyone would just enjoy the win when we do and not get all reactionary and morbid when God forbid we do lose a game. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

One of the differences with tonight is Northampton were so bad they basically told us we had to play football because we couldn’t hit the channels.

They said “you have the ball because we are not going to tackle you”.

But hey when the players are ‘allowed’ to play football, unsurprisingly we actually have players who can play well. 

The real key is allowing the players to play like that when we come up against teams who won’t sit back and just let Hourihane do absolutely anything he wants to do. (I.e Stevenage). At that point you need to trust your players to work the ball out of difficult situations.

Exeter and Northampton did an awful scouting job followed by employing a terrible strategy. The key for PW is when we come up against much better teams that he doesn’t revert to long ball/channel hitting.

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

One of the differences with tonight is Northampton were so bad they basically told us we had to play football because we couldn’t hit the channels.

They said “you have the ball because we are not going to tackle you”.

But hey when the players are ‘allowed’ to play football, unsurprisingly we actually have players who can play well. 

The real key is allowing the players to play like that when we come up against teams who won’t sit back and just let Hourihane do absolutely anything he wants to do. (I.e Stevenage). At that point you need to trust your players to work the ball out of difficult situations.

Exeter and Northampton did an awful scouting job followed by employing a terrible strategy. The key for PW is when we come up against much better teams that he doesn’t revert to long ball/channel hitting.

Agree. When we’re allowed to play we can produce some great stuff.

When we’re hassled and harried or when the ball spends all of the time in the air, we struggle to adapt.

If we can impose our football on the opposition we’ll be fine.

ATM we can’t cope with a scrappy, disjointed game.

That’s Warne’s biggest challenge, especially in this league.

https://insidefutbol.com/2023/10/31/former-top-flight-star-sees-similarities-between-bristol-rovers-and-derby-county/624840/

A partial analysis of derbys struggles. A great manager can see what they are doing wrong and put it right.

The article discusses struggles against strong defenses. If your struggling against strong defenses you need better tactics amd greater fire power.

8 hours ago, Andicis said:

It's my understanding that no Championship club in the past few years has been generating an operating profit, but to be fair I can't remember the original source. I know Deloitte have does an annual review on football finances. 

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/championship-revenue-player-wages-2411424

What about the comment about that we are still making a loss?

8 hours ago, nottingram said:

This is a Matt Slater comment on a recent Athletic article he wrote after being a guest of Pearce’s at the Exeter game. 

Believe finances around football are very much his matter of expertise. I suspect we are not sustainable in the true sense of the word I.e profit making, but losses will be sensible as far as that can be the case.

Realistically I think in most cases only player trading can make a club profitable. So I do hope we make progress on creating some saleable assets in the squad but understand why we’ve not been able to do much of that as yet. 

I think the word 'suspect' show that he is guessing.

Also I do laugh when people took about 'football finance' like it is different to any other business, a certain Kieran Maguire comes to mind.

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What about the comment about that we are still making a loss?

I mean I don't have access to Derby's statement of profit or loss. It's an opinion based on the general experience of teams at this level, we'll find out when Derby release their accounts but I feel the evidence supports that we'll make a loss more than the idea that we're making a profit. 

8 hours ago, Eatonram said:

“ I want a new pony and I want it NOW”

This is how the Warne outers come over to me. 
But the thing that really gets to me is the level of vitriol aimed at individuals both on and off the pitch. It brings everyone down, it undermines confidence and moral throughout the Club and amongst fans. It’s really demoralising. Even tonight there are still some chipping away mostly at Collins. Sad people. 

You know what brings everyone down? Poor results and poor performances. Fix that problem and all the other ones go away. More of what we saw last night will see to that.

In the match thread you were the first person to come in sneering with a "oh won't the Warne out lot be annoyed" type post, like fans with legitimate concerns are somehow beneath you. You didn't engage with any counter points or debate, just deliberately provocative jabbing.

Some fans overstep the mark and that is unacceptable, but lumping everyone in the Warne out camp in to the same group is no more productive than those you seek to criticise.

21 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I mean I don't have access to Derby's statement of profit or loss. It's an opinion based on the general experience of teams at this level, we'll find out when Derby release their accounts but I feel the evidence supports that we'll make a loss more than the idea that we're making a profit. 

Yes get your point but not sure League One teams generally get as big gates as we get.

9 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

I agree Dave, and I take that back.

Let's call it frustration of many on here that fail to consider finances. I love discussion, but so many seem to have made up their mind up on PW without wanting to listen to discussion on financial implications amongst other points.

But I do take your point fully.

9 hours ago, nottingram said:

There you go. More financial 'guesswork' but top 5 or top 3 playing budget. And if we've budgeted for another season in league 1 if we went up it would mean that difference might be utilised too.

Big difference in revenue c£20m (and a small loss) to £30m plus (new broadcasting deal) in Championship.

The finances show the cost of not going up. Or if you like of Warne not getting us promoted.

So after last night here we are over a year on back to looking like we were (nearly) when Warne took over. Progress what progress. 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

24 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You know what brings everyone down? Poor results and poor performances. Fix that problem and all the other ones go away. More of what we saw last night will see to that.

In the match thread you were the first person to come in sneering with a "oh won't the Warne out lot be annoyed" type post, like fans with legitimate concerns are somehow beneath you. You didn't engage with any counter points or debate, just deliberately provocative jabbing.

Some fans overstep the mark and that is unacceptable, but lumping everyone in the Warne out camp in to the same group is no more productive than those you seek to criticise.

I’ve no problem with you saying my comment was sneering or Barney calling me a bell end (very nice). As I said to him I’ve supported Derby for 55 years and seen these poor runs dozens of times. The Warne Outers have been vile IMO with personal and irrelevant attacks on how he looks, talks and dresses using any reason to get to him and it clearly has. They have moved on from legitimate concerns to a on line bullying and harassment. Last night needing someone else to attack they went back to Collins…..who’d have guessed. 

14 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I’ve no problem with you saying my comment was sneering or Barney calling me a bell end (very nice). As I said to him I’ve supported Derby for 55 years and seen these poor runs dozens of times. The Warne Outers have been vile IMO with personal and irrelevant attacks on how he looks, talks and dresses using any reason to get to him and it clearly has. They have moved on from legitimate concerns to a on line bullying and harassment. Last night needing someone else to attack they went back to Collins…..who’d have guessed. 

I don't feel like those posters are representative of everyone who wants a change of manager. There are plenty of people who have put forward entirely reasonable and logical explanations for their position.

The type of people that single out players, for example Collins, would probably do so regardless of our form or who the manager is. There is unfortunately always a scapegoat in every squad. If we were challenging the top two it would be his fault if we fell short, if we were in mid-table it would be his fault and so on. I don't think categorising everyone that is concerned with the way we are being managed with people who can't help but abuse players is productive or fair.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta
Typo

17 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't feel like those posters are representative of everyone who wants a change of manager. There are plenty of people who have put forward entirely reasonable and logical explanations for their position.

The type of people that single out players, for example Collins, would probably do so regardless of our form or who the manager is. There is unfortunately always a scapegoat in every squad. If we were challenging the top two it would be his fault if we fell short, if we were in mid-table it would be his fault and so on. I don't think categorising everyone that is concerned with the way we are being managed with people who can't help but abuse players is productive or fair.

You mean Keogh don't you! 

😉 😄

9 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

It was a bit strange tonight being 3-0 up and only 25% of us in the South stand wanted to Bounce. I know The cobblers were tragic and probably the most lazy bunch of players I have ever seen , but I think there are still bridges to be built between fans and management.

Totally agree it was very flat - I watched the south stand and even they were pretty quiet and couldn’t start the bounce !