Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

I think I'm someone who knows nothing like you. So I don't say things like 'we can't afford' or 'he is going nowhere' I don't know if we can afford to sack him or not and neither do you. I don't know if we are going to sack him or not and neither do the people who say he is going nowhere as if its a fact, rather than their totally uninformed opinion. The only people who actually know the answers to these questions don't talk publicly about it because they are professionals and we will just have to wait and see what happens

Oh, ok that clears it up then 🥱

Only you can offer an opinion on others opinions,  well good luck to you 💪🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

”People like you” just WOW !!

16 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Well hopefully they will have a promotion  to celebrate this season or next! I dont think fans are turning on Clowes - if so they are not fans

We have started England matches too. Think we will take being European Champions next year over a promotion. 

I hated Warne's comments over the international break saying the players need to have a talk amongst themselves to find out why they're underperforming. Isn't that his job? He's trying shift the blame away from himself. I have a feeling he told Hourihane to go over to the fans yesterday as well. He's clearly blaming the players and not taking responsibility himself.

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Derby County over the past 30 League games:

11 wins in the last 30 games (36%)

4 wins in 14 at home (28%)

7 wins in 16 away (43%)

Warne has had enough time. It's quite obviously not good enough.

You robbed that from RoyMacs spotty teenager Twitter account.

Plagiarism will get you nowhere. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You robbed that from RoyMacs spotty teenager Twitter account.

Plagiarism will get you nowhere. 

Oh, sorry, I didn't realise that once some stats had been posted on twitter they weren't allowed to be posted anywhere else.

Resorting to snarky sniping at other posters when you don't like the stats will get you nowhere.

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Oh, sorry, I didn't realise that once some stats had been posted on twitter they weren't allowed to be posted anywhere else.

Resorting to snarky sniping at other posters when you don't like the stats will get you nowhere.

That actually was meant to be tongue in cheek but ok 

On 21/10/2023 at 18:13, Birdyabroad said:

Please can we bring back some McLaren-esque footy, something to actually ‘entertain’ the fans? I’m sure I read somewhere that football should be entertaining 🤷‍♂️

😞

Oh yes, and splash some cash to get some 'McLaren-esque footy' capable players into the squad. It's a pipe dream, unfortunately. 

14 minutes ago, europia said:

Oh yes, and splash some cash to get some 'McLaren-esque footy' capable players into the squad. It's a pipe dream, unfortunately. 

I think for this level we've already got a fair few, were just not seeing it as we don't need to use a midfield and can only look to get more goals from set pieces.

image.thumb.png.52061ef4ba15329375ec2aa7fd2b759a.png

I think i read a post Saturday in the last 31 games we have amassed 44 points 

That is 1.42 points a game approx that if it continues will get us in the region of 65pts come the end of the season,going by the final league table last year that puts us around 10th 

If anyone on here thinks thats ok and Warne is doing a good job then god help us 

10 hours ago, europia said:

I don’t understand this view? 

We’ve got players that are much closer to a technical passing game than this more physical sort of game. 

Im not saying get Mac back but if you look at what made his side successful: 

defenders comfortable with passing the ball out - I think Nelson and Cash can do this (at this level) as well as Keogh and Buxton managed in the division above. 

Solid central midfield options with one of the midfielders able to absolute dictate. I think we have strong options here when they’re not expected to just do doggies. 

Dangerous wide players who can score - I think between Barkhuizen and NML as first choice and Wilson and Sibley as back ups we have enough to get us through until the loan market reopens. Remember the reason we don’t have many wider players is because Warne wanted wingbacks so it’s not inconceivable to think there are players out there we can utilise. 

A forward who brought others into play and can finish chances. Obviously none of our strikers come close to Martin during that time but Waghorn is the best of the bunch at knitting things together and we’re a whole division lower. It won’t be as liquid but there’s enough of the key elements already within the squad to have a good go at it. 

10 hours ago, europia said:

Barks, NML, Birdy, Tommo, Hourihane, Sibley, Fozzy, Cashin, Nelson, Wilson, Wildsmith, Washington, Waggy are all capable of passing a football at this level.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

We’ve got players that are much closer to a technical passing game than this more physical sort of game. 

defenders comfortable with passing the ball out - I think Nelson and Cash can do this (at this level) as well as Keogh and Buxton managed in the division above. 

Solid central midfield options with one of the midfielders able to absolute dictate. I think we have strong options here when they’re not expected to just do doggies. 

Dangerous wide players who can score - I think between Barkhuizen and NML as first choice and Wilson and Sibley as back ups we have enough to get us through until the loan market reopens. Remember the reason we don’t have many wider players is because Warne wanted wingbacks so it’s not inconceivable to think there are players out there we can utilise. 

A forward who brought others into play and can finish chances. Obviously none of our strikers come close to Martin during that time but Waghorn is the best of the bunch at knitting things together and we’re a whole division lower. It won’t be as liquid but there’s enough of the key elements already within the squad to have a good go at it. 

I think we have really excellent technical midfields for this level, all of them are capable of playing with the ball at their feet and not watching it fly over their heads.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Some people underestimate how transformative a manager can be. Many of the players in the Mac team were actually quite average, who have done nothing of note before or after that time. 

There must be some assistant manager at a PL club who wants the step up. Similar to Ipswich with McKenna. As I've said in previous topics, we need someone with a knowledge of football to oversee it on behalf of Clowes and Pearce. Someone who studies football and knows where to find the right manager etc.

I think my problem (for what it's worth) is that I just don't see a plan for the first team at least that has any kind of legs. It's not just about results or performances, it's the fact that even if we manage to make this style of football more effective, it seems based on an assumption that we are on the back foot. I'd just like to see us looking to dominate games and aspire to a style of football that is based on grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck. We're in League 1 and surely have the resources to match most if not all of our rivals. I'm not saying that we have a god-given right to blow the league away with champagne football, but surely we can do better than this mid-table mediocrity can't we ?

I saw the piece about the intention for us to play possession-based, swift attacking football from the academy up. It's really good to hear that but surely if that's the case then we need to be playing the same style of football through the different age groups to allow players when called on to step up but also to slot into a consistent style, one that they are familiar with and I'm 100% behind this approach. Problem is that although I naturally, really want any manager of Derby to have success, I'm just not seeing that this current manager is consistent with that vision of 'bottom to top' football. I can't really see much point in bringing players through who will be schooled in possession-based positive attacking football being put into a first team where our plan is 'get it out wide and bang some crosses in and we'll see how we get on' with a plan B of 'well we might score from a set piece'.

I don't enjoy writing this sort of post, I really don't 😟 I desperately want success for any Derby manager but I just can't see it with this one. Even if we somehow got out of this division with our current approach, I just can't see how this approach can prosper against better teams higher up. I don't know how to feel regarding a potential change of manager because I have been a big critic of constant chopping and changing in the past and besides, I have no idea if we could afford to do it, but even I have serious reservations. I can just feel my belief in what we are doing simply bleeding away.