Anyone else had enough?

Topram

4 hours ago, angieram said:

I agree. Some of the threads make no sense to me anyway because every other post is from someone on ignore! 🤦‍♀️

I can assure you that they oftentimes make no more sense when said content IS still viewable.

On thread, I think it's the repetitive nature of some folks' posts that grates most. Even if your point is valid, nobody wants to hear it a dozen times a day, do they?

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I can assure you that they oftentimes make no more sense when said content IS still viewable.

On thread, I think it's the repetitive nature of some folks' posts that grates most. Even if your point is valid, nobody wants to hear it a dozen times a day, do they?

But the football we've been playing lately is pretty poor...

On 13/10/2023 at 16:19, Stockport Ram said:

Two rows back directly in line with the far post as Commons crossed the ball. 

IIRC the tree huggers had gone something like 18/19 away games unbeaten but McIntosh thought we were so poor that he’d go with two up front instead of the lone striker which had been working so well for him away from home. 

Oopsies....😂

IIRC their lossless run was in the 20s... made the day all the more pleasurable

Edited by MadAmster

11 hours ago, europia said:

I realise it's stating the obvious, but come season end, the only statistics that count are points and goals scored. 

They are but we didn't have a right to beat Cheltenham just because they were having a bad run. Some people seem to dismiss the effect the opposition can have on a result. Remember THAT season. We took 4 points off Newcastle, should have been 6.

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

They are but we didn't have a right to beat Cheltenham just because they were having a bad run. Some people seem to dismiss the effect the opposition can have on a result. Remember THAT season. We took 4 points off Newcastle, should have been 6.

Pointing out the odd surprise result here or there doesn't make our failure to beat Cheltenham any less poor or people's criticism of the performance (and even so, it was more about the tactical approach) any less valid.

This idea that people simply don't understand that the opposition have players who can affect the outcome of a game too is pretty insulting (...even if, I suspect, not entirely inaccurate!)

Edited by Kokosnuss

13 hours ago, MadAmster said:

There's a lot of talk about an air of superiority or arrogance, it might be the attitude of some supporters, but I'm not so sure it applies the team. It's really more about a group of players who need have the belief and determination to ensure that their ability on field translates into results. Finding a way to get the job done against the likes of Cheltenham, as an example. Otherwise, it always ends up another 'if only' story. 

10 hours ago, europia said:

There's a lot of talk about an air of superiority or arrogance, it might be the attitude of some supporters, but I'm not so sure it applies the team. It's really more about a group of players who need have the belief and determination to ensure that their ability on field translates into results. Finding a way to get the job done against the likes of Cheltenham, as an example. Otherwise, it always ends up another 'if only' story. 

That was to whom I was referring. It might actually be that the players need a bit more confidence in their singular and collective abilities to shine in the League, especially in home games.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Did Warne say he'd quit if fans protested outside the ground regarding his role as manager?

I think there was an interview with words to that affect. I’ve suggested it on here before to those who feel strongly about his tenure, the option is there to stage a protest, or take a “Warne out”/“we want passing football”/“try more than crossing it” banner and display it prominently. 

It’s not my stance but as more and more people seem to be turning that’s an option in trying to affect the change they want. 

On 19/10/2023 at 08:44, MadAmster said:

Newcastle weren't that good then though, they only stayed up by about 5 points.

The size of our club, squad, fanbase, training facilities, finances, etc, etc, we should be able to impose ourselves on a game, even if its just for 20-30mins. The fact we just sit back and invite everyone to attack us is just criminal when we are the bigger club. Thats on the manager, small club mentality.

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Newcastle weren't that good then though, they only stayed up by about 5 points.

The size of our club, squad, fanbase, training facilities, finances, etc, etc, we should be able to impose ourselves on a game, even if its just for 20-30mins. The fact we just sit back and invite everyone to attack us is just criminal when we are the bigger club. Thats on the manager, small club mentality.

Seen the "I'm trying my best, we're trying our best" video. Also seen reports he also said "we're playing to orders". If correct, those orders need changing.

Having said that, we had half a dozen decent chances, as did they. We scored the only goal of the game and lost. If it was as bad as some are claiming we would not have had half a dozen good chances. PW said post game their keeper got their MOTM award. We did struggle with their tactics which were, mostly, lump it over midfield and hope. Our inability to clear plus our allowing players, on the few occasions they kept it on the floor, to run 40 yards with a white shirt even trying to close them down is how they got 50% shots off than us and 1 more on target than us.

It was disjointed, not good to watch and we have always struggled against that kind of team.

Up top we have players like Collo, Waggy and Wash who can all score. Sibs can put them away, as can NML and Barks... two away games on the trot where we had half a dozen or more good attempts on target and either the keeper saved well or a defender blocked it on the line. You can't lay that at PWs door. You can't slate the players for it. The opposition are simply doing their jobs well in those important moments. So many fans seem not to appreciate that.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

Seen the "I'm trying my best, we're trying our best" video. Also seen reports he also said "we're playing to orders". If correct, those orders need changing.

Having said that, we had half a dozen decent chances, as did they. We scored the only goal of the game and lost. If it was as bad as some are claiming we would not have had half a dozen good chances. PW said post game their keeper got their MOTM award. We did struggle with their tactics which were, mostly, lump it over midfield and hope. Our inability to clear plus our allowing players, on the few occasions they kept it on the floor, to run 40 yards with a white shirt even trying to close them down is how they got 50% shots off than us and 1 more on target than us.

It was disjointed, not good to watch and we have always struggled against that kind of team.

Up top we have players like Collo, Waggy and Wash who can all score. Sibs can put them away, as can NML and Barks... two away games on the trot where we had half a dozen or more good attempts on target and either the keeper saved well or a defender blocked it on the line. You can't lay that at PWs door. You can't slate the players for it. The opposition are simply doing their jobs well in those important moments. So many fans seem not to appreciate that.

Of course you can lay it at Warne's door! We played poorly with good players, they played reasonably well. The only thing in our favour was Wildsmith had a couple of saves, one a worldy, and their no9 totally free in our box twice, couldn't hit a barn door! 

We were set up to play awful football with good players, of course we will get chances.