After administration how long did you think it would take

Curtains

Might be a controversial opinion, but we've recovered. We're no longer in danger of going bust. We'll not get back to where we were with Mel without serious spending, and that's just not gonna happen.

If you class recovery as championship football, I'd disagree. We're where we deserve to be on footballing merit now. We can't just blame administration forever.

Define "Recovery"!

Championship top ten/PO hopefuls (at least), but this time without and financial skullduggery in the cupboard?
If that's recovery, then I'd say 6 years at best, more likely a full decade.

If it's "Established in the Championship" a lá Mr Clowes' announced target, I reckon he "MIGHT" just achieve that in the next 4 years, but no sooner. 

My issue currently is I’m not sure we’re any further forward than we were a year ago first team wise.

Didn’t expect much last season but our squad should’ve been top six. Especially after where we were in feb.

This season looks a week division, really think we should be top two. But doesn’t look likely currently. Maybe sneak into the top six

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Define "Recovery"!

Championship top ten/PO hopefuls (at least), but this time without and financial skullduggery in the cupboard?
If that's recovery, then I'd say 6 years at best, more likely a full decade.

If it's "Established in the Championship" a lá Mr Clowes' announced target, I reckon he "MIGHT" just achieve that in the next 4 years, but no sooner. 

Yes, I don’t think we have got to grips with League 1 yet. 10 years to challenge “Parachute teams” is a possibility. To more than recover and get in the Prem - possibly 20 years. But we can never forget what David Clowes has done for us.

I’m going to say I don’t think our squad is Championship level yet. 

Can anyone name players we have signed that Championship clubs were falling all over to sign .

In fact we have players who couldn’t get contracts renewed in the Championship so why does anybody think we have the right to go up yet !

As with many similar sized clubs that have been relegated to Lg1 I'm expecting 3-4 season, any less is a bonus given that our starting position was far worse than most of the others.

Whether we'll get back into the Prem is another issue.  We threw money at it and failed, if we are now being run sustainably (as I think we should) then we're gonna be relying on god tier scouting and/or a group of academy graduates all coming through at the same time and achieving promotion before they get poached. 

Edited by maxjam

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Can anyone name players we have signed that Championship clubs were falling all over to sign .

In fact we have players who couldn’t get contracts renewed in the Championship so why does anybody think we have the right to go up yet !

I'm sure Warne said a fair few of the players who signed last season rejected him at Rotherham in the Championship to join us.

And can't your last point apply to every single club in this division? Should no team expect to be fighting for promotion then using that logic? We have a bigger budget than most/all of them, Warne is more than likely paid more than all/most of their managers, and I'm sure we're the only (or one of a few) who have a category 1 academy to utilise. Why is it so unreasonable for some of our fans to have high expectations when the club is better positioned than pretty much all the teams it is competing against to achieve it?

Its a fact of football until we can start to pay fees and offer better contracts than the opposition. we will stay where we are

I know people will say that the road to ruin, but thats how football works in every division. I know there are few exceptions to the rule, but generally money talks 

Well as far as I know we have not paid a transfer fee yet, and some say we are paying highish wages. I'm not sure thats rightly true 

So when we really have a go by getting in the right quality players. I can't see a change 

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'm sure Warne said a fair few of the players who signed last season rejected him at Rotherham in the Championship to join us.

And can't your last point apply to every single club in this division? Should no team expect to be fighting for promotion then using that logic? We have a bigger budget than most/all of them, Warne is more than likely paid more than all/most of their managers, and I'm sure we're the only (or one of a few) who have a category 1 academy to utilise. Why is it so unreasonable for some of our fans to have high expectations when the club is better positioned than pretty much all the teams it is competing against to achieve it?

Big expectations is fine and we still may go up hopefully.

Sack the manager even though I think it’s the wrong thing to do. 

Frankly I am fed up of the whole thing now 

21 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

Its a fact of football until we can start to pay fees and offer better contracts than the opposition. we will stay where we are

I know people will say that the road to ruin, but thats how football works in every division. I know there are few exceptions to the rule, but generally money talks 

Well as far as I know we have not paid a transfer fee yet, and some say we are paying highish wages. I'm not sure thats rightly true 

So when we really have a go by getting in the right quality players. I can't see a change 

We could pay fees this season, Warne chose not to so far.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Weren't there suitors for Bird and Cash from the championship?

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Weren't there suitors for Bird and Cash from the championship?

We didn’t sign them though mate since administration .They came through the academy and were already at Derby.

My point is who have we signed that Championship clubs either wanted to retain or are Championship quality 

58 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

Its a fact of football until we can start to pay fees and offer better contracts than the opposition.

We can pay fees and we can offer better contracts to players than other clubs.

We can't do both.

Very few clubs at this level can. We made a choice to pay higher wages for fewer players. It's paid off with Nelson and Nymbe and Fornah, it hasn't paid off with Bradley and Elder 

We also employed a manager (after paying compensation) who's insight into the league should provide us with an advantage over teams who may be able to pay more than us. That's what good managers do.

On the overall balance, Warne is NOT a good manager, he's a very limited manage with one speciality - getting teams promoted from League One. He doesn't currently look capable of providing that 

We're currently making every excuse in the book to defend that manager and treating him as if he's got the hardest job in football as an excuse for his underperformance, and making out that him meeting the minimum requirements of the job he was brought in to do somehow proves that people who are unhappy with him are wrong to be so.

Edited by Kokosnuss