We are all Derby

IslandExile

Personally I’m not currently a Warne fan.

I think we’ve got a really good squad that could stay up in the championship with a pacy forward and a pacy cb if Cash goes

The football we have played at times has been awful. All too often.

The ‘we expect someone in the building in the next couple days’ and then repeatedly no one joined

Odd tactics - ie Bird not used in the Cambridge game until 5 mins left 

Not a fan of his interviews  and the disconnect between his interviews and what we see on the pitch 

I have expressed concern for the team and would like Warne gone based on the above 

however …

last night though was fkin brilliant. Loved it. Super proud to see the team play so well.

if The team starts to play like this and fulfill most of their potential I shall eat my bobbly hat and sing Paul Warnes black and white army  live on sky sports news when they report on big spending Derbys promotion 

but I am allowed to not feel confident when we consistently play poorly .. really poorly and I am allowed to share those thoughts and if you don’t agree with what I’ve said you don’t actually need to comment

this is the first time I’ve not been a happy clapper and if some posters want to repeatedly focus on Warnes shortcomings it doesn’t mean that the rest of us that are concerned should be shot down too   - I’m surprised how much impact a couple of so called negative posters have had.

im disappointed a little in the bickering - on both sides 

you’d never see Ryan Nyambe acting this way 

DTID 

4 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I wish that the fans would take a more common sense approach on both sides of the argument.

The old saying goes, that you shouldn't get too high after a win or too low after a loss. On here that adage goes out of the window because the fans are so far away, at each end of the spectrum, a win or a loss is seen as amunition to use against the opposing view, making this forum almost unreadable at times.

Try and remember, it's just three points at stake, no more no less, and we should know more than most after what we've been through,  that its far more fun supporting a harmonious club, than a divided one.

It's also, IMO, down to the ability to remain anonymous behind a keyboard. I'm certain, that if we were discussing it around a pint down the pub or a coffee at the cafe, most would react with more tact, sensitivity, calmness and accepting of others opinions. 

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think the problem lies when folk come on to moan about the moaners.  By definition, they become moaners themselves... just moaning about something else! 
The result is pages and pages... threads and threads... full of tittle-tattle, to-and-fro jibes, and innuendo verging on personal abuse.

Personally I think it's highly entertaining!  Long may it continue.  😁 

Pot. Stir. 😉

It's a mixture of derby meaning a lot to people, the forum being an online method of communication, and also people who are perhaps unhappy with life where the result of a match affects their mood more than others. I get testy when we lose as Derby, for me, is, in part, an important outlet of emotion. I often struggle with my mood and at times, have suffered from quite crippling depression, which football has sometimes been a slight release from, if even for only 90 minutes. 

Of course that can sometimes spill over when I come onto the forum and discuss the game. I imagine I am not the only one in this particular boat. 

31 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It's also, IMO, down to the ability to remain anonymous behind a keyboard. I'm certain, that if we were discussing it around a pint down the pub or a coffee at the cafe, most would react with more tact, sensitivity, calmness and accepting of others opinions. 

Would I bollox 😂

Edited by Archied

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I find that all quite enjoyable. Part of the matchday experience for those who can’t attend, and aren’t in a ‘local’ where Derby County are ever likely to be a topic of conversation. Ignore it or engage in it. Don’t moan about it.

The persistent moaning becomes tiresome when it comes from the same hardcore of posters and after a while just comes across as white noise.

Not sure how anyone can remotely find that enjoyable but each to their own I suppose. 

To me, it depends how the post is written, whether it’s positive or negative.  If it’s along the lines of “that was a pile of pants, we’re doomed”, it will wind people up (well it does me).  Equally, after one win and “woohoo, we’ll win the league” can have the same effect.  But if there’s some reasoning leading to a debate, it’s more engaging and a better read, even if it’s a view I don’t agree with.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

8 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I wish that the fans would take a more common sense approach on both sides of the argument.

The old saying goes, that you shouldn't get too high after a win or too low after a loss. On here that adage goes out of the window because the fans are so far away, at each end of the spectrum, a win or a loss is seen as ammunition to use against the opposing view, making this forum almost unreadable at times.

Try and remember, it's just three points at stake, no more no less, and we should know more than most after what we've been through,  that its far more fun supporting a harmonious club, than a divided one.

You've hit the nail on the head LR, especially the last line.  One thing that's come out of this last few years has been our fantastic support, being all in it together and that fight to the end spirit. 

I accept people will have a difference in opinion about Warne - I have my doubts too, but its sometimes gone from one end of the scale to the other and got personnel.

Lets keep showing other clubs that when game day comes we fully back the lads wearing the shirt (except Mick Brolly as I'm still in therapy and taking the tablets over that lump !)

Gangway D from the Terrace.

51 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

You've hit the nail on the head LR, especially the last line.  One thing that's come out of this last few years has been our fantastic support, being all in it together and that fight to the end spirit. 

I accept people will have a difference in opinion about Warne - I have my doubts too, but its sometimes gone from one end of the scale to the other and got personnel.

Lets keep showing other clubs that when game day comes we fully back the lads wearing the shirt (except Mick Brolly as I'm still in therapy and taking the tablets over that lump !)

Gangway D from the Terrace.

Yes but he was involved in one of my all time favourite goals and games. 
Emson cross - Brolly header - Davison volley. 1-0. Magic. 

8 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This season has been very strange how so many seemed to want Warne gone even after 4 or 5 games. Not just on here, 2 or 3 on our minibus are very critical if we don't win at home.

No one seems to have any patience nowadays to let new players bed in and get used to each other. It always takes time. Our previous promotion seasons over the decades have never been easy on the eye at times, tactics and line ups change over the course of a long and arduous season. factor in injuries and suspensions, referees and lady luck as well. 

The players Warne has brought in may or may not do well, time will tell. So far they don't look too bad but its early days.

My glass is half full atm. Patience is key. Its been a solid start, we ain't in a bad position and there's a long way to go. A steady improvement is more than possible but nothing is guaranteed in football. You have to fight every single match for the right to play your game. The workrate at Blackpool was phenomenal, the players looked like they believed in what the manager wants so it looks ok on that front.

I'm always disappointed when some decide after a handful of games that its all doom and gloom, but i'm not surprised, its always been like this really.

I said on here last season that Rosenoir shouldn't of been sacked, i also said i'd probably be saying the same about Warne soon enough!

COYR.

5 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

This season has been very strange how so many seemed to want Warne gone even after 4 or 5 games.

You make some very good points in your post but I have to pick up on one thing....

Some of us who are dissatisfied with Warne are not basing it on 4 or 5 games, the performances or results, or judging it on the new players that he's brought in and who are still settling in and/or overcoming injuries, or even the efforts of the players.

No, we are basing it on the impressions we have formed of his tactical approach over the year that he's been in charge.

Warne has been here for over a year. He hasn't merely presided over 4 or 5 games. 

He has had time to lay the foundations for how the team should play and how the club should be run.

Yet, it seems, he's been forced to change formation from 352 to 4231 by injuries and Bradley's poor form.

He places too much emphasis on scoring goals from set pieces rather than enterprising football.

He rarely gets team selection or substitutions right in my view - Blackpool was an obvious exception.

For someone who claims to live and breathe football, it's surprising that the reports are that he hasn't been to a single academy game - and doesn't even know the names of some of their star performers. That's hardly providing an incentive to the kids.

If, as we're told, Warne was brought in to establish a tone for the club as a whole, he shouldn't be merely focused on the first team. The club have - rightly in my view - had an emphasis on having a Grade 1 academy. The impression is that Warne does not share that same interest.

So, you see, those of us who do not think Warne is a good fit for Derby County are basing it on far more than a handful of poor results at home.

We are concerned about the overall direction of the club, team tactics and the development of young players.

Edited by IslandExile

It's weird because there are a couple of posters on the forum who I've had grave doubts over whether they actually were 'Derby' at all due to their continually negative posts - I'd have thought this thread would have given them the perfect platform to set out the reasoning behind their negativity, but no - absolute silence from both - perhaps there is no reason for the things they post other than attention seeking.....

Warne should be given credit for changing his formation, even though he signed players for the favoured 3-5-2.

Also, I saw a statistic earlier saying that Derby were the joint highest scorers away from home along with Leicester.

The football isn’t great so far but I’d like to point out how poor and basic Rowettball was with a higher quality of players at his disposal.

Wilson at 10 could be a real difference maker for us especially at home when teams sit back, he has the quick feet to find the space and pick a pass.

Bird and Hourihane coming back will also help us start to dictate the midfield more.

We’re on a good run of form, I’m certain that we’ll see us at the top end of the table soon enough. 

Just please don’t let Cheltenham wake up on Saturday 😂

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

It's weird because there are a couple of posters on the forum who I've had grave doubts over whether they actually were 'Derby' at all due to their continually negative posts - I'd have thought this thread would have given them the perfect platform to set out the reasoning behind their negativity, but no - absolute silence from both - perhaps there is no reason for the things they post other than attention seeking.....

Although to be fair the thread is barely 36 hours old and - although you may suspect otherwise - most folks do have a life to live 😜

2 minutes ago, jameso said:

Although to be fair the thread is barely 36 hours old and - although you may suspect otherwise - most folks do have a life to live 😜

Maybe, but in the case of the posters I'm thinking of, I suspect the only life they have is sitting in front of their laptops in their underpants firing off messages on here and social media....

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Maybe, but in the case of the posters I'm thinking of, I suspect the only life they have is sitting in front of their laptops in their underpants firing off messages on here and social media....

[checking I've remembered to put on my trousers before responding]

Yeah!