We are all Derby

IslandExile

I've seen a few comments on the matchday thread along the lines of "the 'haters' will be really unhappy that we won tonight".

What nonsense.

I don't hate anyone. Football - as with all sports - is a game of opinions. Just because I may have a different opinion about Warne's tactics than somebody else, does not mean that I "hate" him.

I actually quite like Paul Warne, the person. Unlike some, I even like his interviews. But, no, I do not like his tactical approach. But if he is successful at Derby then, of course, I will be delighted because it means that Derby are successful.

And we all want that. 

Regardless of tactics, team selections, signings and substitutions. We are all Derby.

So let's all enjoy the wins - together.

Please let's understand differences of opinion are fine, healthy, a good thing - they are not signs of "hate".

Thank you. COYR 🐏

Not sure why you felt it important to start this thread as it sounds like you're taking things unnecessarily personally.

When comments are made against you that subsequently get banned by the mods then yes would totally understand.

The statement which resonates for me is let's all enjoy the wins together.

Don't see much evidence of that from certain quarters reading the forum tonight but we live in hope don't we. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I've seen a few comments on the matchday thread along the lines of "the 'haters' will be really unhappy that we won tonight".

What nonsense.

I don't hate anyone. Football - as with all sports - is a game of opinions. Just because I may have a different opinion about Warne's tactics than somebody else, does not mean that I "hate" him.

I actually quite like Paul Warne, the person. Unlike some, I even like his interviews. But, no, I do not like his tactical approach. But if he is successful at Derby then, of course, I will be delighted because it means that Derby are successful.

And we all want that. 

Regardless of tactics, team selections, signings and substitutions. We are all Derby.

So let's all enjoy the wins - together.

Please let's understand differences of opinion are fine, healthy, a good thing - they are not signs of "hate".

Thank you. COYR 🐏

I’m ok with that as long as the anti warne brigade are prepared to not make us that want to give him a bit of time so much more frustrated and down when games don’t go as well , cuts both ways 🤷🏻‍♂️

All I will say is I agree. Once A Ram Always A Ram. But it was a great watch tonight, 3 really good goals, midfield 3 excellent, defence solid, subs made a great impact, Barks set 2 goals up, Waggy got the 3rd, yes tonight Paul Warne got everything spot on, lets all get behind the club, and drive us onto promotion, 36 games left, all to play for, we have a good squad, we have massive support which should push us onto promotion, I for one am looking forward to the rest of the season, starting with a trip to Cheltenham on saturday COYR. 

7 hours ago, DerbyAleMan said:

All I will say is I agree. Once A Ram Always A Ram. But it was a great watch tonight, 3 really good goals, midfield 3 excellent, defence solid, subs made a great impact, Barks set 2 goals up, Waggy got the 3rd, yes tonight Paul Warne got everything spot on, lets all get behind the club, and drive us onto promotion, 36 games left, all to play for, we have a good squad, we have massive support which should push us onto promotion, I for one am looking forward to the rest of the season, starting with a trip to Cheltenham on saturday COYR. 

Bravo! All this and all this again. 

My take for what it's worth, I don't believe for a second that any fan would be upset by last nights result.

We all want Derby to be successful, however we all have different ideas on how that can be achieved.

The more vocal and extreme calls for Warne out, will create a stronger defence for Warne on the other side.

What happens is both sides become so distant where no middle ground can be found, you end up with this told you so, where are you now, can't moan now type situations.

Happens all over, not just this forum, not just football. 

Whilst we're all mostly anonymous behind a keyboard, things will never change whilst we have a manager that splits fans as Warne and the likes of Rowett did.

35 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think there are people on here who are unhappy in life. They rely heavily on Derby to provide their happiness.

Therefore when they fail to do so, every bit of their unhappiness is directed at players/ management/ anyone who disagrees.

Just like every other social media platform really 

Think there's some truth in this. Certainly when Derby have won AND played well the world is a much better place.

2 minutes ago, David said:

My take for what it's worth, I don't believe for a second that any fan would be upset by last nights result.

We all want Derby to be successful, however we all have different ideas on how that can be achieved.

The more vocal and extreme calls for Warne out, will create a stronger defence for Warne on the other side.

What happens is both sides become so distant where no middle ground can be found, you end up with this told you so, where are you now, can't moan now type situations.

Happens all over, not just this forum, not just football. 

Whilst we're all mostly anonymous behind a keyboard, things will never change whilst we have a manager that splits fans as Warne and the likes of Rowett did.

The Warne out protagonists are relentless though and it’s tedious. 

I think the problem lies when folk come on to moan about the moaners.  By definition, they become moaners themselves... just moaning about something else! 
The result is pages and pages... threads and threads... full of tittle-tattle, to-and-fro jibes, and innuendo verging on personal abuse.

Personally I think it's highly entertaining!  Long may it continue.  😁 

I wish that the fans would take a more common sense approach on both sides of the argument.

The old saying goes, that you shouldn't get too high after a win or too low after a loss. On here that adage goes out of the window because the fans are so far away, at each end of the spectrum, a win or a loss is seen as amunition to use against the opposing view, making this forum almost unreadable at times.

Try and remember, it's just three points at stake, no more no less, and we should know more than most after what we've been through,  that its far more fun supporting a harmonious club, than a divided one.

5 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Last night even before the game started we had it. Unrelenting moaning. 

I find that all quite enjoyable. Part of the matchday experience for those who can’t attend, and aren’t in a ‘local’ where Derby County are ever likely to be a topic of conversation. Ignore it or engage in it. Don’t moan about it.