Ryan Nyambe - Signed Until Jan 2024, Extended to 2025

Caerphilly Ram

On 01/10/2023 at 12:05, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm ashamed to say I didn't realise he was playing...not in a negative way. I was so busy watching Fornah and Nelson I forgot to check him out. No idea his shirt number either.

Number 24 , he was impressive on Saturday, close second to fornah as mom in my opinion 

On 03/10/2023 at 23:49, lukedcfc said:

I really hope we don’t regret giving him only a 6 month deal, he is easily a top 10 championship player. 

Difficult because he didn't want to be in League One and I can only imagine his wage is that of a mid-high end Championship defender too. 

It remains to be seen what happens with Cashin, but we probably could only commit to January before releasing some extra funds in the budget through a player sale or two, or three. If we are going well and he's a big part of it then I'm sure we will do everything we can to keep him. 

I'm in no doubt that his early form will be catching the attention of some Championship clubs though, so it will be an interesting negotiation. 

On 03/10/2023 at 23:49, lukedcfc said:

I really hope we don’t regret giving him only a 6 month deal, he is easily a top 10 championship player. 

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Difficult because he didn't want to be in League One and I can only imagine his wage is that of a mid-high end Championship defender too. 

It remains to be seen what happens with Cashin, but we probably could only commit to January before releasing some extra funds in the budget through a player sale or two, or three. If we are going well and he's a big part of it then I'm sure we will do everything we can to keep him. 

I'm in no doubt that his early form will be catching the attention of some Championship clubs though, so it will be an interesting negotiation. 

We've got the option to extend his contract to the end of the season, don't we?

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

We've got the option to extend his contract to the end of the season, don't we?

I know Warne made reference to wanting to keep him until at least the summer so wasn't sure but you're right - does say 'view to extending' whatever that means. 

• 2 months later...