Ryan Nyambe - Signed Until Jan 2024, Extended to 2025

Caerphilly Ram

It was a cold and wintery Christmas Eve, Paul Warne meets Ryan Nyambe at a windswept Moor Farm.

PW, Hello Ryan

RN, How's things Boss

PW, Ryan have you thought about the offer we made to you.

RN, Yes boss, I sat down with my agent and we discussed your offer, As you know I had other offers that I told you about.

PW, Yes Ryan you did, Now that's why I called you in for a talk, Where are we with the other offers.

RN, The offers were good, Can you tell me boss...are you signing any other players.

PW, As you know Ryan I can not talk about those that have been approached as altho things are looking very promising there's always a bend in the road that's not expected, But I'm very optimistic on that front.

RN, In that case boss myself and my agent Alf have decided to sign the contract you offered.

PW, That's great news Ryan, I'd like to thank Alf for all the good work he has done, A gentleman I was pleased to do business with, You will not be disappointed I'm sure.

Merry Xmas Ryan and Alf ☺️

9 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Because he had to accept a 6 month contract. If he had proper contract offers he wouldn't have found himself in that situation.

Fairly certain it was the other way around, didn’t warn say he had been after him for a while but there were clubs in higher leagues interested in him? 6 months was probably a mutual call for both club and player to assess their options come January. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, caymanram said:

Not good (for us) that Namibia surprisingly won their first game- if they beat South Africa (who are hopeless right now), he’s gonna be away even longer …😳

Can't begrudge him some personal success, well done to him I say.

I'm just relieved we got his contract tied up before he potentially had a good tournament.