Ryan Nyambe - Signed Until Jan 2024, Extended to 2025

Caerphilly Ram

Delighted that Ryan gets a new deal, though whilst I enjoyed Namibia turning over a higher ranked Tunisian team, I'm hoping he's back soon! My selfish concerns aside, national selection and a new deal are nothing less than he's earned and with one eye on the future, this is another important box ticked. Well played Mr Clowes and Warney too of course.

On a general note, I'm loving the way the club is locking in our best current players. Obviously there's a deal of work to be done and we'd all like to see a couple in if they can improve our starting 11 but for me, the most critical part of this window was not losing key players and thus far, we're doing OK on that score! Should we manage to escape this league this season and personally, I think we will, it clearly makes a deal of sense to secure the services of a core group of players who are young, or of good age and who can likely prosper at a higher level. And before anyone says it, yeah, Nate rather bucks that trend, but that lad's a specimen and will probably still be playing at 37 or 38. The others are hopefully part of Derby's brighter future and that dream does seem more real with each passing day of this season.

On that note, does this not rather put an end to theories about players not liking Warne or enjoying his methods, too? Seems to me that those who have actually played for Warne are more than happy to stick with him, indeed bar those still finding full fitness after injuries, all the players all look fit as fleas, unified and all are playing with smiles on their faces. More to be pleased about than not I reckon.

COYR

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Good result today and with another good result on Wednesday, Nyambe could be back for the weekend.

Feel bad for thinking it, as I don't begrudge Ryan at all, but I'm kinda hoping he'll be on a plane home on Thursday too. We miss him quite badly, it seems to me, even more so with Fozzy out too.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/football/2024/01/21/afcon-2023-born-in-namibia-raised-in-manchester-ryan-nyambe-is-hungry-for-more-success/

Shame Namibia lost to SA from his perspective…. But selfishly i hope they also lose their last match in the group stage so that we can get him back- makes a big difference to us I reckon 👍

6 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/football/2024/01/21/afcon-2023-born-in-namibia-raised-in-manchester-ryan-nyambe-is-hungry-for-more-success/

Shame Namibia lost to SA from his perspective…. But selfishly i hope they also lose their last match in the group stage so that we can get him back- makes a big difference to us I reckon 👍

Really interesting article and background on Ryan. Thank you for sharing.

10 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Feel bad for thinking it, as I don't begrudge Ryan at all, but I'm kinda hoping he'll be on a plane home on Thursday too. We miss him quite badly, it seems to me, even more so with Fozzy out too.

Only 8 of the 24 teams get knocked out after the group stage, so the win in their first game might well be enough to see them through.

After 2 games played each, there are currently 12 teams on 2 points or less.

4 hours ago, Carnero said:

Only 8 of the 24 teams get knocked out after the group stage, so the win in their first game might well be enough to see them through.

After 2 games played each, there are currently 12 teams on 2 points or less.

Ah, never knew that that was how they did it. Thanks for the heads up. Might well be a little longer then 🤔

10 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Ah, never knew that that was how they did it. Thanks for the heads up. Might well be a little longer then 🤔

The round of 16 games are 27-30 Jan, and Q/F's are 2-3 Feb, so I think he'll only miss the 1 extra game (Charlton at home) even if they get through the group stage.  Not worth us getting too concerned about really.

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The round of 16 games are 27-30 Jan, and Q/F's are 2-3 Feb, so I think he'll only miss the 1 extra game (Charlton at home) even if they get through the group stage.  Not worth us getting too concerned about really.

Fair one Carnero. I'm just mindful that we don't look the same team without him and Fozzy. I don't begrudge him, or any player really who gets a call up, just hoping Namibia don't do too well! 😋

15 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Fair one Carnero. I'm just mindful that we don't look the same team without him and Fozzy. I don't begrudge him, or any player really who gets a call up, just hoping Namibia don't do too well! 😋

Same here really! That back 4 of Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin & Fozzy is as solid as it gets at this level.

If Namibia lose to Mali, which they probably will, there's a good chance that they'll finish bottom of the league and he can return - probably not in time for Saturday but definitely for the next game

I think it's the best 4 3rd place teams that go through 

Edited by SamUltraRam

4 hours ago, CodnorRam said:

Honestly thought Warne would utilise him in a back 3 when we first signed him.

Would be interesting to see how he would do in that formation next to Cash and Nelson

( if only we could sell/loan out Bradley and get another quality CB in..sigh…)

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

On the other hand, having a good Afcon could be really good for him, coming back to a team chasing promotion after bringing pride to Namibia the dude could be in a very good place.

Believe me they already have pride in beating Tunisia…my Namibian friends were over the moon…