Ryan Nyambe - Signed Until Jan 2024, Extended to 2025

Caerphilly Ram

45 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Why have we only given him a short term contract? If he plays well, he will be snapped up by a team higher up. We should have offered him a 2 year contract, we have needed a ‘proper’ right back since Byrne left. 

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Why signed until Jan?

Not sure but I think once the window is closed there the rules.  I think it was the same when we signed Joe Ledley.  Could be wrong though.

1 hour ago, lukedcfc said:

Why have we only given him a short term contract? If he plays well, he will be snapped up by a team higher up. We should have offered him a 2 year contract, we have needed a ‘proper’ right back since Byrne left. 

Are you vouching for his quality or stirring the pot? 

Otherwise I like your optimism but surely if he turned out to be bang average the view of many would be "Why on earth did we spend what remained of our budget on tying this guy down on a 2-year-deal?!"

I don't remember seeing him play so I have absolutely no idea (beyond Fifa ratings, see above) how good he's meant to be.

1 hour ago, lukedcfc said:

Warne has no intention of playing a ‘proper’ right back long term based on everything he says and the players he has signed 

anyway I watch a lot of football and I have never seen him play to my knowledge so I have no idea about his abilities 

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As as I'm aware we missed out on 2 targets due to budget and it was realised the budget wasn't quite as fab as was thought.  As such a further budget was made available. 

Presume this is out of the unspent Johnson money that Warne was talking about. Most likely 6 months as; 

a) we may want to reallocate that money back to a winger in January so need to stay flexible.

b) Warne would be honest about him being cover, not being a nailed on starter, so January probably suits both. 

c) Also very much a full back from what I know, not someone who will create much going forward, so doesn't fit our long term squad goals.

That said I think he's a decent player, better than league one,

Comes with his own chant too

"Ryan Nyambe, he drinks the vodka, he drinks the jager, his xxxxs xxxxing massive" 

My mate is Blackburn season ticket holder and gave me the low down on Nyambe. Says he’s a defensive full back and can also play centre half which means he’s either right back in a 4 or right of a back 3. Said he was good for Blackburn, an important player, he signed for Wigan for more money and just didn’t work out, my mate didn’t want him to leave Blackburn. 

This is a quality signing, just hope we can keep him for longer.

This is a good signing for those who want to play four at the back. Nyambe will want a pretty penny to be here and I’d imagine that this is a trial period for both of us - if he does well then we will pay his wages. If not, he’ll either move on or take lesser terms. 

He’s a defensive full back, more like Wisdom than Byrne, but has pace and stamina to run all day. He fits the back four perfectly, perhaps a back five/three but only at RCB. I see Ward being moved to a RW and Nyambe/Wilson at RB. The concerns I have is that Warne wants him to play at RWB - it’s not his game. He should help our defence but just depends on the shape we play. It helps Elder move into a move comfortable role at LB rather than LWB, same with Forsyth. 

Important role to add more balance to the side, albeit dependent on Warne not playing him further forward than he should. 

49 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is a good signing for those who want to play four at the back. Nyambe will want a pretty penny to be here and I’d imagine that this is a trial period for both of us - if he does well then we will pay his wages. If not, he’ll either move on or take lesser terms. 

He’s a defensive full back, more like Wisdom than Byrne, but has pace and stamina to run all day. He fits the back four perfectly, perhaps a back five/three but only at RCB. I see Ward being moved to a RW and Nyambe/Wilson at RB. The concerns I have is that Warne wants him to play at RWB - it’s not his game. He should help our defence but just depends on the shape we play. It helps Elder move into a move comfortable role at LB rather than LWB, same with Forsyth. 

Important role to add more balance to the side, albeit dependent on Warne not playing him further forward than he should. 

I see it more as he’ll play right of a back 4 or RCB encouraging him to play Wilson/Ward at RWB and have better defensive protection. Nelson with his lack of pace and turning circle of a tank leaves us exposed when he plays RCB, he would be good in the middle with Nyambe and Cash either side, would also help Bradley.