Ryan Nyambe - Signed Until Jan 2024, Extended to 2025

Caerphilly Ram

I remember Nyambe from Blackburn so I asked a B'burn fan "Wasn't he the beast of a right fullback, who wasn't much of a footballer?"
"Spot on", my friend answered. 

Nyambe did alright though and he should have more time with the ball in League 1, so he should be a good signing. 

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I remember Nyambe from Blackburn so I asked a B'burn fan "Wasn't he the beast of a right fullback, who wasn't much of a footballer?"

Nyambe did alright though and he should have more time with the ball in League 1, so he should be a good signing. 

Can you feel four at the back in your water?

2 hours ago, valakari said:

Won't he be off in January for Africa Cup of Nations???.. maybe thats why only got a contract till Jan!!??

Yes Namibia has qualified. He’ll be in Ivory Coast January and February though I think Namibia won’t get far in the tournament so he might well be available from February 

On 20/09/2023 at 09:41, Dimmu said:

Often u find that players that arnt footballers are more dangerous when they have more time on the ball and time to think as opposed to doing things instinctively lol 

and not in a good way 😂.

darryl powell for me was the prime example of this 

joking aside, in this league im fine with us being a big rough tough nasty bunch 

Thoughts so far ?

am i right in thinking thats two starts two clean sheets ?

hes certainly added a bit more power to the back line.

if we can become misely at the back then despite our faltering attacking play we’ll be in with a shout

for what its worth i dont think we’ll ever be fluid attacking wise while collins leads the line

i get what he brings .. but consistent link up play and ball retension isnt his game

43 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Thoughts so far ?

am i right in thinking thats two starts two clean sheets ?

hes certainly added a bit more power to the back line.

if we can become misely at the back then despite our faltering attacking play we’ll be in with a shout

for what its worth i dont think we’ll ever be fluid attacking wise while collins leads the line

i get what he brings .. but consistent link up play and ball retension isnt his game

I'm ashamed to say I didn't realise he was playing...not in a negative way. I was so busy watching Fornah and Nelson I forgot to check him out. No idea his shirt number either.

2 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

He is a very good right back / defender for this league and I can't think of any mis-passes from him, nor anyone getting past him in last Saturday's game.

He is a game changer. He makes the rest of the defence better. Nelson has improved immensely. We are also now far more likely to play with a back 4 which isn't great news for Wilson and Ward. 

58 minutes ago, sage said:

He is a game changer. He makes the rest of the defence better. Nelson has improved immensely. We are also now far more likely to play with a back 4 which isn't great news for Wilson and Ward. 

I think Wilson and Ward can play higher up if needed. Certainly takes the pressure off relying on NML pace for too long in a game.

Also, I believe Nyambe can play RCB in a back 3 if Warne goes back to that at some point.

3 hours ago, roboto said:

I think Wilson and Ward can play higher up if needed. Certainly takes the pressure off relying on NML pace for too long in a game.

Also, I believe Nyambe can play RCB in a back 3 if Warne goes back to that at some point.

They can play higher up but they queueing behind NML and Barks