Ryan Nyambe - Signed Until Jan 2024, Extended to 2025

Caerphilly Ram

33 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Looks good on paper, let's hope he's the business.

Now come on. Whether he’s “the business” or not is totally irrelevant.

He needs to be able to hoof it and be a “good character”.

I genuinely don’t think Warne cares if he has any ability at all. He just needs to fit into this horrible style of play.

Why have we only given him a short term contract? If he plays well, he will be snapped up by a team higher up. We should have offered him a 2 year contract, we have needed a ‘proper’ right back since Byrne left. 

Edited by lukedcfc

1 minute ago, lukedcfc said:

Why have we only offered a short term contract? If he plays well, he will be snapped up by a team higher up. We should have offered him a 2 year contract, we have needed a ‘proper’ right back since Byrne left. 

We never really know the terms though do we? Perhaps there's options involved. Also, should we get promoted this season, would he definitely get game time next year in what would likely be a quite different squad? Hard to be confident, I'd say.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

... He was again a key player for Rovers in 2017/18 in League One as they gained automatic promotion to return to the Championship at the first time of asking, finishing second behind title-winners Wigan Athletic.

Bloody show off!  🤣

Great signing. Can play all across the backline although is usually on the right side. Extremely physical, fast, strong, and good defensively. From what I gather he's not great going forward but hopefully this means we can push NML or Ward into a position further up the pitch.

Honestly he's about as good as it get's really in the free agent market at this stage in the season, very happy with this.

Just now, Gerry Daly said:

My guess is we have reached the limits of the budget and this is primarily to cover for injuries at the moment. However, having taken up an option to extend we can do so if anyone(like Cashin) leaves in January

As as I'm aware we missed out on 2 targets due to budget and it was realised the budget wasn't quite as fab as was thought.  As such a further budget was made available.