Papa John's On Tuesday

B4ev6is

I really don't want us to draw Forest U23s.

If we lose, I can't imagine anything much more depressing than my girlfriend's Dad or my sister's husband (both forest fans) making snarky comments about their under 23s beating our first team.

If we win, it'll be "so what, it was just our reserves"

Hopefully someone else knocks them out (whilst we lose at home to Stockport no doubt) 

9 hours ago, Rampant said:

I don't know when the draw is but Derby will be at home and against one of seven possible opponents:

Port Vale, Fleetwood, Stockport, Barnsley, Burton, Liverpool U21's, Forest U21's.

I prefer a tie against a club we would be up for playing, so Barnsley, Port Vale or Burton for me.

41 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

Draw is tomorrow at 6.30 on Sky Sports News

I would take Florists U21 at home . We could sell them 5,000 tickets ( for the ones who can’t get home tickets ). £10 a pop + beer , would come in handy for the January window . Our fans clearly can’t be bothered. They will probably “ chuck in “ some of their young first team players to make a game of it . 

10 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I would take Florists U21 at home . We could sell them 5,000 tickets ( for the ones who can’t get home tickets ). £10 a pop + beer , would come in handy for the January window . Our fans clearly can’t be bothered. They will probably “ chuck in “ some of their young first team players to make a game of it . 

Rules restrict the U21 sides to fielding a maximum of 2 players who are over 21 and have made more than 40 first team appearances. All of the players used in their first team squads this season fall into one of those two groups.

3 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

I really don't want us to draw Forest U23s.

If we lose, I can't imagine anything much more depressing than my girlfriend's Dad or my sister's husband (both forest fans) making snarky comments about their under 23s beating our first team.

If we win, it'll be "so what, it was just our reserves"

Hopefully someone else knocks them out (whilst we lose at home to Stockport no doubt) 

Yep, it’s a no-win situation for us. Even having to play them will be bad enough, but if we lost it would be the most embarrassing point in the rivalry.

I’d rather have gone out in the groups if it turns out we have to play them next. Even if we pump them 5-0, there’s zero bragging rights.

Table toppers

For the first time, Derby County progressed to the knockout stages of the Bristol Street Motors Trophy, sitting pretty at the summit of Northern Group G courtesy of wins against Lincoln City, Notts County and Wolverhampton Wanderers Under-21s.

Prior to last season, it had been 38 years since the Rams’ first-team had last competed in the tournament, having been involved only twice before in 1984/85 and 1985/86 as a Third Division side.

There were a handful of other teams who made it through to the Round of 32 with a 100% record in-tact, including Blackpool, Wrexham, Wycombe Wanderers, Bolton Wanderers, Bradford City, MK Dons, Reading, and West Ham United Under-21s.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/november/21/five-things-you-may-have-missed-from-the-bristol-street-motors-trophy-group-stage/

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Rules restrict the U21 sides to fielding a maximum of 2 players who are over 21 and have made more than 40 first team appearances. All of the players used in their first team squads this season fall into one of those two groups.

Thought they had some young South American players with only a handful of appearances . One of them highly rated on loan from Chelsea , yet to play a league game ?

4 hours ago, ram59 said:

According to the club website. we'll be drawn against one of Liverpool u21, Forest u21, Port Vale or Fleetwood.

A 25% chance of playing the most embarrassing fixture in the clubs history. Buzzing.

If we draw Forest and have any thoughts of playing anyone with more than 3 first team appearances and over the age of 22 that will be horrific.

In some ways I hope we do get Forest U21s. Think it would get a good attendance and would be good for revenue, and I think it would be a fun game to watch because the Forest kids are certain to give us a good game regardless. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

In many other ways, please god please can we not draw them