Papa John's On Tuesday

B4ev6is

5 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

I wouldn't mind all evening matches starting at 7. Let's face it, the amount of extra time these days, you need it to finish a bit earlier. Maybe a compromise would be 7.30 for league games? Is there extra time or straight to penos? 

I’m fairly sure that night matches used to start at 7:30!!

9 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

I wouldn't mind all evening matches starting at 7. Let's face it, the amount of extra time these days, you need it to finish a bit earlier. Maybe a compromise would be 7.30 for league games? Is there extra time or straight to penos? 

Straight to peno's for every round until the final, where extra time will be used if needed.

From 5.1.2 (Round of 32) onwards HERE...

If anyone is under any doubt as to just how massive this particular cup competition is, I've just noted that if you go Beeb > Sport > Football > League and cups...

It lists 18 league and cup competitions under the UK & Ireland banner.  Yep... EIGHTEEN!

The list includes "Welsh Football", "Irish Football", "Women's Football" and "The National League", amongst others.
My God, it even includes the Scottish Challenge Cup (Not to be confused with "The Scottish Cup" and/or "The Scottish League Cup").
But nowhere is there a link to the EFL Trophy!

*Although we do get a mention in this weeks list of upcoming fixtures. 🙄

#the tin pot pot
#See you all at Wembley though, obvs  👀

EDIT:
Just realised... It's a link to "Leagues and Cups".  I suppose the technicality get out clause is that this is a "Trophy", not a "Cup"!  🤣

Edited by Mucker1884

22 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If anyone is under any doubt as to just how massive this particular cup competition is, I've just noted that if you go Beeb > Sport > Football > League and cups...

It lists 18 league and cup competitions under the UK & Ireland banner.  Yep... EIGHTEEN!

The list includes "Welsh Football", "Irish Football", "Women's Football" and "The National League", amongst others.
My God, it even includes the Scottish Challenge Cup (Not to be confused with "The Scottish Cup" and/or "The Scottish League Cup").
But nowhere is there a link to the EFL Trophy!

*Although we do get a mention in this weeks list of upcoming fixtures. 🙄

#the tin pot pot
#See you all at Wembley though, obvs  👀

EDIT:
Just realised... It's a link to "Leagues and Cups".  I suppose the technicality get out clause is that this is a "Trophy", not a "Cup"!  🤣

All you need to know about the competition is on the EFL website.

34 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

All you need to know about the competition is on the EFL website.

Oh, but of course.  I don't dispute that... just that it's not worthy even, of it's own section on the beeb, and seemingly therefore more "tin pot" than those other competitions I listed.  

Edit to add:
A similar scenario on Sky Sports too, it seems, although they only list ten domestic competitions.  

Edited by Mucker1884

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh, but of course.  I don't dispute that... just that it's not worthy even, of it's own section on the beeb, and seemingly therefore more "tin pot" than those other competitions I listed.  

Edit to add:
A similar scenario on Sky Sports too, it seems, although they only list ten domestic competitions.  

It's there, look again. Listed just under the Watney Cup.

11 minutes ago, SILVERFOXTHERAMSFAN said:

Also only 10 minutes at half time. Match was over by 9.10 / 9.15 latest 👍

Really embarrassed myself at an away night game at Brentford in the 80s. Kick off times had just changed to 7.45. We were 3-2 up late in to the second half and I started shouting for the ref to blow up, 15 mins before the end….ended up 3-3 😊