Can anyone actually name a single improvement Warne has done since arriving?

GeneralRam

I will pretend this is not just a thread that is yet another pile on...

It's hard to quantify 'better' when points are the only real barometer everyone agrees on. Two wins and suddenly we are in the top 6 and it all looks different in that regard.

As for the rest, personally the football isn't as bad as everyone is harping on about. Today's match thread really painted a reality I wasnt seeing, it wasnt the worst football I've ever seen that's for sure and IF we were winning it would be ok for me.

We are able to win away from home.

The harmony in the team/club MAY be better with the players he's brought in (and definitely wouid be if we were winning).

They MAY be fitter (they looked fitter today IMO).

He didn't splash out on £1-2m players as some fans were calling for, so I'm guessing he's helping to improve the finances.

He's got some calls right (Waghorn, Forsyth) and some signings are starting to look decent.

All irrelevant though. If we start winning and are top 6 he will be doing 'ok' ....and if we aren't or we do 'ok' but then fail miserably in the play offs he will be gone anyway.

Edited by Chester40

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

New coffee machine..jeez

This incessant barage of abuse towards a bang average coach who is single handedly sending us to league 2 is absolutely tiresome.

BOOOORRRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!

In league 2 Warne we trust.

He’s not single handed, he has a staff who work with him and a squad of footballers who are somewhat accountable for their performances, or at least should be. And we’re not in the relegation places so no need to panic about that just yet.

The expression of constructive concerns based on observed points around style of play are understandable and usually based on reason/opinion. The repeated melodramatic threads, pile ons, criticisms linked to his values and motivations, comments bordering on personal attacks are tiresome. 

Those amongst the fan base who feel so strongly about Warne, get together and stage a protest. Make some banners. Do a walkout during the match. Drop some flyers around pride park. Arrange a plane with a banner to fly over Pride Park. Do something with your frustrations that amounts to more than the same threads popping up over and over that won’t actually change anything. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He’s not single handed, he has a staff who work with him and a squad of footballers who are somewhat accountable for their performances, or at least should be. And we’re not in the relegation places so no need to panic about that just yet.

The expression of constructive concerns based on observed facts around style of play are understandable and usually based on reason/opinion. The repeated melodramatic threads, pile ons, criticisms linked to his values and motivations, comments bordering on personal attacks are tiresome. 

Those amongst the fan base who feel so strongly about Warne, get together and stage a protest. Make some banners. Do a walkout during the match. Drop some flyers around pride park. Arrange a plane with a banner to fly over Pride Park. Do something with your frustrations that amounts to more than the same threads popping up over and over that won’t actually change anything. 

Are you Paul Warne?

18 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

It's hard to quantify 'better' when points are the only real barometer everyone agrees on. Two wins and suddenly we are in the top 6 and it all looks different in that regard.

As for the rest, personally the football isn't as bad as everyone is harping on about. Today's match thread really painted a reality I wasnt seeing, it wasnt the worst football I've ever seen that's for sure and IF we were winning it would be ok for me.

The harmony in the team/club MAY be better with the players he's brought in (and definitely wouid be if we were winning).

He didn't splash out on £1-2m players as some fans were calling for, so I'm guessing he's helping to improve the finances.

He's got some calls right (Waghorn, Forsyth) and some signings are starting to look decent.

All irrelevant though. If we start winning and are top 6 he will be doing 'ok' ....and if we aren't or we do 'ok' but then fail miserably in the play offs he will be gone anyway.

I'd like to think I still have some perspective and haven't felt the need to order any razor blades.

But the football really isn't very good. I'd say we're playing a bad brand of football but we're not doing too terribly at playing it. Unfortunately it's pretty horrible to watch and we'd probably have to be excellent at playing that bad brand in order for the results to convince me that I don't mind too much.

I can't remember a Derby team I've enjoyed watching for whom stringing five passes together would be seen as a match highlight.

48 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

I think he’s bought all sorts of sports psychology to the players. The ones that are in the first team, the ones that are close and the ones that are injured. He’s involved their families and made them aware of the bigger picture of how lucky they are to play football and to embrace that. However, the main part of his job, tactics and team formation seems to have taken a back seat. 

He's clearly no mug, as demonstrated by his time at Rotherham. I get the sense that he's good at building a culture.

The issue is, that's irrelevant if the tactics are crap and the results are poor.

21 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Personally, I'd rather people vent their frustration at the manager on here than directly protest at the ground. 

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Personally, I'd rather people vent their frustration at the manager on here than directly protest at the ground. 

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be any discussion of those frustrations. But those who count themselves as being actively opposed to the manager, if they actually want to affect a change they’ll need to do more than ranting about it online.

What I’m opposed to is almost a housekeeping aspect of reading this forum. A new thread pops up which is seemingly just a variation on the same theme after losses and the same has happened today on the back of a draw. There are multiple threads full of discussion around Warne, his tactics, in or out etc, I don’t see what’s stopping people posting their fresh comments and frustrations on one of those threads rather than starting another, which leads to the same patterns and almost echo chamber of views. 

42 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Are you not a little concerned that we had one shot at target in a home game; and that was a penalty 🤔

31 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

comments bordering on personal attacks are tiresome. 

I’ve seen a few people say similar things to this, but I can’t remember any posts where people have made personal attacks? Can you please explain what you mean by it? 

It feel like a cop out statement people have been using to kill conversations critiquing Paul Warne. 

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

What I’m opposed to is almost a housekeeping aspect of reading this forum. A new thread pops up which is seemingly just a variation on the same theme after losses and the same has happened today on the back of a draw

I know they're a bit annoying, and tbh I'm against creating a thread for the sake of a thread when what's posted could just be put elsewhere.

...but the solution to this is for those posters who seem to take any negative thread personally and mock those posting it to post one themselves espousing the positives they see and the reasons why the football on offer is itself likely to go where we all want it to, given time.

Never happens though, probably because they don't actually have anything to add.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Im still fuming we got rid of Rosenoir. I wasnt happy at the time and im even more so now. Why was Rosenoir sacked?? I could really go in to depth on some stuff...but can anybody argue we looked a better side and with a plan under Rosenoir? Rosenoir hardly had McGoldrick either did he? The football now is woeful. Its boring and toothless. 

41 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He's clearly no mug, as demonstrated by his time at Rotherham. I get the sense that he's good at building a culture.

The issue is, that's irrelevant if the tactics are crap and the results are poor.

I don't know anything about Rotherham, but could he have done a Mac to Clough Jnr? I can't see how what he does is going to lead us anywhere good. What an 'odd' way of playing the squad today, who was where doing what? How can they build up a team understanding?

Edited by RoyMac5