Can anyone actually name a single improvement Warne has done since arriving?

GeneralRam

23 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be any discussion of those frustrations. But those who count themselves as being actively opposed to the manager, if they actually want to affect a change they’ll need to do more than ranting about it online.

What I’m opposed to is almost a housekeeping aspect of reading this forum. A new thread pops up which is seemingly just a variation on the same theme after losses and the same has happened today on the back of a draw. There are multiple threads full of discussion around Warne, his tactics, in or out etc, I don’t see what’s stopping people posting their fresh comments and frustrations on one of those threads rather than starting another, which leads to the same patterns and almost echo chamber of views. 

Fans are dealing with their frustration at the current state of play at the Club the way they need to. If you don't like a thread don't post on it and then it disappears.

4 minutes ago, alram said:

My biggest worry is our record against top half teams under warne is shambolic, I would love to know our record top half v bottom half under warne.

It’s impossible to get out this league without beating top half teams regularly

It’s more of a case of strugglIng against the teams above us in the league, and doing okay against the teams below us.  The problem is, the number of teams in the first group seems to be expanding at a slightly alarming rate.

4 minutes ago, BPV said:

I’ve seen a few people say similar things to this, but I can’t remember any posts where people have made personal attacks? Can you please explain what you mean by it? 

It feel like a cop out statement people have been using to kill conversations critiquing Paul Warne. 

I’m not looking to kill any conversations critiquing Paul Warne professionally. There are examples in this and other threads that I view as being more personal comment than professional. An example of it early in this thread calls him an effin’ clown. There are plenty of comments about his values, his standing in the game, his choice of headwear, his relationship with his players and the like that strike me as school ground in their nature. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m not looking to kill any conversations critiquing Paul Warne professionally. There are examples in this and other threads that I view as being more personal comment than professional. An example of it early in this thread calls him an effin’ clown. There are plenty of comments about his values, his standing in the game, his choice of headwear, his relationship with his players and the like that strike me as school ground in their nature. 

Fans are frustrated, it's going to be expressed in different ways. Not all are as eloquent as you.

I feel like Warne's part of the circus too.

20 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I know they're a bit annoying, and tbh I'm against creating a thread for the sake of a thread when what's posted could just be put elsewhere.

...but the solution to this is for those posters who seem to take any negative thread personally and mock those posting it to post one themselves espousing the positives they see and the reasons why the football on offer is itself likely to go where we all want it to, given time.

Never happens though, probably because they don't actually have anything to add.

I don’t take it personally, and I don’t think I’m particularly mocking anyone.

20 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Im still fuming we got rid of Rosenoir. I wasnt happy at the time and im even more so now. Why was Rosenoir sacked?? I could really go in to depth on some stuff...but can anybody argue we looked a better side and with a plan under Rosenoir? Rosenoir hardly had McGoldrick either did he? The football now is woeful. Its boring and toothless. 

Do you still mark the day when Brian Clough was sacked?

And Rosenoir wasn't sacked so the whole premise of your post isn't even valid. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't know anything about Rotherham, but could he have done a Mac to Clough Jnr? I can't see how what he does is going to lead us anywhere good. What an 'odd' way of playing the squad today, who was where doing what? How can they build up a team understanding?

No. According to Wiki, he took over from Kenny Jackett in the Championship in November 2016, and they got relegated at the end of that season. He then won them three promotions (with two relegations sandwiched between) and a Pizza Cup, and left the club when they were in the top half of the Championship.

What he was doing clearly worked at Rotherham (at least until they got to the Championship). 

12 minutes ago, alram said:

My biggest worry is our record against top half teams under warne is shambolic, I would love to know our record top half v bottom half under warne.

It’s impossible to get out this league without beating top half teams regularly

This post, straight after @Bris Vegas is suspicious in the extreme... #duplicateaccounts

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Do you still mark the day when Brian Clough was sacked?

And Rosenoir wasn't sacked so the whole premise of your post isn't even valid. 

Wasnt sacked? What was he then? The valid point is we were just starting to build something and then we scrap everything and start again in a totally different way. Do you think its worked? Rosenoir got "sacked" for less. 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I don’t take it personally, and I don’t think I’m particularly mocking anyone.

As usual CR, I'm not talking about your own posts, which are always well thought out and well balanced and always take both/all sides of the argument into consideration.

It's those who come on here purely to pick others apart, whilst ironically complaining about posters picking Warne apart, that I take issue with

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I would make an argument that these are all quite valid things to critique a football manager on in fairness. 
He makes this jovial personality into a big part of his management style, if some fans are against it, I’d hazard a guess that there would be players that would be as well.

There’s a lot more to football management than tactical nous.

Personally I think Paul Warne comes across as a decent genuine bloke. I think  a few times this season he’s let his openness and passion get the better of him, but I don’t think he’s a bad person at all. 

However, he does come across as a bit of a people pleaser, and almost trying too hard to do so. Says all the right things but really fails to deliver on a lot of them. 
I genuinely wish him success, that said I don’t think it’ll be at Derby, and if it is I hope it’s playing a significantly different style of football. 

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fans are dealing with their frustration at the current state of play at the Club the way they need to. If you don't like a thread don't post on it and then it disappears.

It doesn't disappear though does it because the same posters who decided it necessary to create another duplicate thread basically saying the same thing keep on bumping it.

Do folks think that the greater the number of threads created about an identical topic gives extra weight to their point of view? Seems that way. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

No. According to Wiki, he took over from Kenny Jackett in the Championship in November 2016, and they got relegated at the end of that season. He then won them three promotions (with two relegations sandwiched between) and a Pizza Cup, and left the club when they were in the top half of the Championship.

What he was doing clearly worked at Rotherham (at least until they got to the Championship). 

Then I guess that is the limit of his ability, as they stayed up without him. I think he has a small club against the rest mentality, that will never work here.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You are of course right Roy, and I’ve been doing much better at not commenting on those threads I have no vested interest in. My point here really is it’s hard to ignore it when there are multiple threads committed to essentially the same purpose. Or when a thread isn’t about those things but the same comments creep into other discussions. I get that people are frustrated, I’m not disputing that, but as someone who’s only real avenue of engaging with other Rams fans outside of my old man and uncle is this forum it’s a bit of a slog trying to engage in any balanced discussion at times. 

3 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Wasnt sacked? What was he then? The valid point is we were just starting to build something and then we scrap everything and start again in a totally different way. Do you think its worked? Rosenoir got "sacked" for less. 

He was always employed as an interim manager