Derby v Portsmouth Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seems odd to have started him after being so far away playing international games?

Agreed, it seems odd but  I think it’s probably circumstantial. I guess the question Warne had to ask himself was does he start NML who has travelled and is possibly fatigued but in theory is match fit? Or start a Sibley/Barkhuizen/Wilson who are returning from injury and a risk because of that? 

Today wasn’t a good performance, but it wasn’t terrible either, we got a point against a side in good form. The minutes for Sibley, Barkhuizen, Wilson and Embleton are a plus, and whilst I don’t wish injury on anyone, Hourihane’s could end up being a blessing if it means Warne has to start a Sibley/Radcliffe/Robinson.

18 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Feel almost depressed after watching that, energy draining and flat watching that football is like watching something slowly die. Absolutely pathetic excuse of a football bought about by Warne,Waghorn, Forsyth and Sibley were decent but most players were bang average.  Thought Cashin was dog s*** on the ball and Washington is very average,  makes Sammon and Mason Bennet look class. Smith was poor as well. If we don't win the next few I want him gone.

Very harsh about Cashin. Sure he gave the ball away quite a bit but he also saved us defensively. We know he can do

better, but he is having to cope with playing with some of the deadwood Warne has introduced yjis season.

I struggled to understand our formation in the first half. Was it a 3 or a 4 at the back? If it was a 4 which it seemed it was on occasions, where the hell was Elder playing? I struggled to understand his role all afternoon. If it was a 3, Elder and Smith have to be the worst 2 wingbacks going forward I’ve seen. They made  Richard Jackson and Paul Boertien look like Carlos and Cafu for Brazil. Very odd tactics today.

Thought Sibley did well when he came on, linked well down the left. Embleton looked like he couldn’t run, very one paced. Collins did well but drifts to the left too much. Washington is terrible. Despite this, we came closest first half. A point probably fair. Thought the ref was decent, but linesman was awful.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

With 3 yrs on their contracts it's probably a million quid pay off.  We'll have to wait till next year unless we stick them on gardening leave and force the issue by continuing to pay them on a monthly basis and bring in someone else. 

The most turgid, insipid dross I've watched in 40 years bar the last 10 games of 07/08 where they clearly couldn't give a s***.

The amount of injuries we're now getting is insane as well.  What the hell are they doing in training, assault courses

And yet we’re the first ones to moan like little bitches when we watch a team that are perceived to be not working hard enough or arnt fit enough 

Theres literally no winning for a football manager is there lol

Just now, enachops said:

I struggled to understand our formation in the first half. Was it a 3 or a 4 at the back? If it was a 4 which it seemed it was on occasions, where the hell was Elder playing? I struggled to understand his role all afternoon. If it was a 3, Elder and Smith have to be the worst 2 wingbacks going forward I’ve seen. They made  Richard Jackson and Paul Boertien look like Carlos and Cafu for Brazil. Very odd tactics today.

Thought Sibley did well when he came on, linked well down the left. Embleton looked like he couldn’t run, very one paced. Collins did well but drifts to the left too much. Washington is terrible. Despite this, we came closest first half. A point probably fair. Thought the ref was decent, but linesman was awful.

It was a flat 442 for most of the game, with Elder left wing. We switched to a back 5 after we scored.

2 hours ago, eddielewis said:

Warne on RD 'We weren't at our best'

I swear we have heard that one before

I missed the first half travelling back from lovely Menorca.

But how on earth were we set up? I heard the commo guy on RamsTV say four at the back with Elder and NML as wide players? Seriously? WTF. 

Played a bit more football when Sibs and Barks came on, but where was the structure for the players to play in? Who was where and why? Confused by it all, the players attempt to do things but look as lost as I feel.

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

And yet we’re the first ones to moan like little bitches when we watch a team that are perceived to be not working hard enough or arnt fit enough 

Theres literally no winning for a football manager is there lol

Not for this one . He's useless.

They're professionals of many years on the whole who'll be plenty fit enough or too old, won't get any fitter and they shouldn't have been brought here in that case.

You don't need to be fit enough to run a marathon in 2 hrs if you let the ball do some of the work and retain possession.

His fitness obsession just hides his own shortcomings.

8 minutes ago, enachops said:

where the hell was Elder playing?

We don't know

Warne doesn't know

Elder doesn't know 

Same as most most of the players.

NML is an explosive winger... did he take a single player on on the outside  today?  Did Fornah stick to a DM role and take the ball off the defenders before finding a forward pass? Did Washington and Waghorn look like two players who know each other's games and could form a good partnership? 

Edited by Kokosnuss

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not for this one . He's useless.

They're professionals of many years on the whole who'll be plenty fit enough or too old, won't get any fitter and they shouldn't have been brought here in that case.

You don't need to be fit enough to run a marathon in 2 hrs if you let the ball do some of the work and retain possession.

His fitness obsession just hides his own shortcomings.

Maybe it was them or nothing .. being as where we were at the start of last season

remember 3 weeks before a ball was due to be kicked we were marching for our clubs future… nevermind thinking about who we Were going to bring in 

agree re ball doing the work

it doesnt seem to much to ask for a balanced philosophy in a manager 

rosenior was too much possession with little substance.. warne is bugger all posession with little substance 

Wheres daz waz when u want him lol

Edited by NottsRam77

8 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

We don't know

Warne doesn't know

Elder doesn't know 

Same as most most of the players.

NML is an explosive winger... did he take a single player on on the outside  today?  Did Fornah stick to a DM role and take the ball off the defenders before finding a forward pass? Did Washington and Waghorn look like two players who know each other's games and could form a good partnership? 

Swear I heard Warne say after the match that we started off 4-2-3-1… I can assure him we did not. That was as flat a 4-4-2 as you can see. 

The man doesn’t even understand his own tactics ffs

11 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

image.png.dad00105b211aae563b066e8ce003304.png 😁

The best in the business bar none 

does help mind if u have an infinite cheque book though doesnt it

u think even he could have turned us around from where we were just over a year or so ago and with james collins as his “talisman” 

52 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Most damning indictment of the whole thing was Dom Dietrich interviewing James Collins afterwards, he asked what directive Warne had given him before going on: “be busy, put yourself about and if a chance comes, take it” (probably a slight paraphrase there). If run around and try and score a goal is the extent of the tactical guidance they’re being given, what hope have we got.

He just got in Sibley's way half of the time!

But with instructions so vague... Are there any tactics at all?