Mendez-Laing   Waghorn   Washington   Sibley

Subs: Vickers, Bradley, Elder, Embleton, Barkhuizen, John-Jules, Collins

I would love to tweak the formation to:

Wildsmith

Smith   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Fornah 

Sibley     Hourihane

Mendez-Laing   Waghorn   Washington

I presume from your bench that Tommo will still be out injured? I'd be surprised if Kane Wilson isn't available for selection, which will mean some decisions are needed for that bench, unless there are other injuries.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Fornah   Hourihane

Mendez-Laing   Waghorn   Washington   Sibley

Subs: Vickers, Bradley, Elder, Embleton, Barkhuizen, John-Jules, Collins

I like the look of that but my opinion doesn't count unless it's the one that PW will not be utilising a back 4 any time soon

There is no chance that any of Thompson, Sibley, Wilson or Embleton will start in this match. Barkhuizen might depending on what condition NML is in when he comes back off international duty.

I would think it will probably be these 11 in a 4321/433 -

Wildsmith - Nelson Forsyth Cashin Elder - Smith Hourihane - NML Fornah Waghorn - Washington

Vickers Bradley Embleton Sibley/Thompson Barkhuizen John-Jules Collins

It will be either Sibley or Thompson depending on fitness.

I thought Elder did pretty well vs Bolton, I see no reason for him to be dropped.

Edited by DCFC1388

Im sure its just me but i really struggle to see peoples obsession with sibley 

of his last 10/12 starts im trying to think of a time he was anything more than meh 

still think his most productive role CURRENTLY at the club is impact sub. 

thats not being detrimental to him, just where i see him atm. Theres others that give more from the off imo 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

of his last 10/12 starts im trying to think of a time he was anything more than meh 

thats not being detrimental to him, just where i see him atm. Theres others that give more from the off imo 

Oxford away.  He knows where the back of the net is.  Not too many in our squad you can say that about.

Edited by Blondest Goat

Alright I'm gonna be blindly positive and assume that there's been a chat over the international period, the 3-5-2 hoofball is getting ditched and we're moving to a back 4 playing the high intensity attacking football Warne promised when he arrived. We'll thump this lot 3-0, win the league at a canter and we'll all be wearing bobble hats as we lift the league trophy at PP in April. You heard it here first. COYR.

Edited by lrm14

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not this one again! Sibley's problem is that he simply isn't being given a fair crack of the whip. Ever since Rooney arrived, all he has had is being left on the bench, remember this is in a succession of teams that found it difficult to get the ball forwards, to break into the area, or actually find the net - all things which Sibley can do. When he gets onto the pitch it is often for just a few minutes, and over time it is often when the game has already been lost. Add in that when he gets on the pitch, it is also nearly always out of position. Yes his best run was at left back, out of necessity. Even when we were crying out for someone to play the Number 10 role, which his best position, it would go to someone else. And often when he has made an impact and really affected the game, he has ended up back o the bench next match, or even not in the squad!

Think back to the number of matches Tom Lawrence just drifted around achieving nothing, except picking up useless cards, but kept getting picked match after match. Hourihane went through a spell just like that. Why has Sibley never been given that luxury?

I actually expect him to pack his bags and move on, because we have signed two player who will almost certainly get picked ahead of him. Hopefully he will move to a club who will choose to use his talents, instead of squandering them.

27 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Not this one again! Sibley's problem is that he simply isn't being given a fair crack of the whip. Ever since Rooney arrived, all he has had is being left on the bench, remember this is in a succession of teams that found it difficult to get the ball forwards, to break into the area, or actually find the net - all things which Sibley can do. When he gets onto the pitch it is often for just a few minutes, and over time it is often when the game has already been lost. Add in that when he gets on the pitch, it is also nearly always out of position. Yes his best run was at left back, out of necessity. Even when we were crying out for someone to play the Number 10 role, which his best position, it would go to someone else. And often when he has made an impact and really affected the game, he has ended up back o the bench next match, or even not in the squad!

Think back to the number of matches Tom Lawrence just drifted around achieving nothing, except picking up useless cards, but kept getting picked match after match. Hourihane went through a spell just like that. Why has Sibley never been given that luxury?

I actually expect him to pack his bags and move on, because we have signed two player who will almost certainly get picked ahead of him. Hopefully he will move to a club who will choose to use his talents, instead of squandering them.

I’m sure a few weeks back that Paul Warne said that it was just Sibbos luck that when he had a great opportunity to cement a place in the first eleven he got injured, I’m sure it will come again for Louie

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I would love to tweak the formation to:

Wildsmith

Fornah 

Sibley     Hourihane

Mendez-Laing   Waghorn   Washington

I presume from your bench that Tommo will still be out injured? I'd be surprised if Kane Wilson isn't available for selection, which will mean some decisions are needed for that bench, unless there are other injuries.

Looks good but I would have JJ in for Washington 😊

Sonny Bradley

Sonny Bradley               Sonny Bradley            Sonny Bradley          Sonny Bradly

Sonny Bradley                    Sonny Bradley            Sonny Bradley

Sonny Bradley             Sonny Bradley       

Sonny Bradley

4-3-3 and It's going to be a big game for Sonny Bradley.

Mark my words, it'll be a MOTM performance from him.

38 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Sonny Bradley

Sonny Bradley               Sonny Bradley            Sonny Bradley          Sonny Bradly

Sonny Bradley                    Sonny Bradley            Sonny Bradley

Sonny Bradley             Sonny Bradley       

Sonny Bradley

4-3-3 and It's going to be a big game for Sonny Bradley.

Mark my words, it'll be a MOTM performance from him.

No subs?