Derby v Portsmouth Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

7 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Couldn’t believe how flat the atmosphere was outside and inside the ground. I don’t know if fans can take another 3 years of this , but I am not for Warne leaving. I am pinning my hopes on Sibley but wouldn’t say No to signing Lyle Taylor.

It’s because there’s nothing to get excited about going to watch games mate. I dread it if I’m being honest because we launch it up to a 5’7 striker who is too small to win anything. We play far too many defensive players which is why we lack creativity. I’d sack him now but I know Clowes won’t. Cambridge would be the game where if we don’t win it, with players coming back to full fitness then I think he’ll go. 

1 hour ago, eddielewis said:

So many of those 'passes' are pure hopeful hoofs without any real knowledge of where your teammate is. It's so ugly to see as the home team have no real plan of patient build up play but with Warne as long as you have padded out your running stats on your StatSports man bra you've done well!

We had a few passes in a row before Barks chance right at the end. Other than that I honestly don't remember us get 4 passes in a row 🫣

Abysmal really.

After today's game, not in wrist-slashing mode like a lot seem to be. In the circumstances (injuries, playing an unbeaten team etc etc) thought it was a decent point. We've just come off the back of 3/4 tough games and we are still only 3 points off the play-offs. Personally, I think we'll improve and the performances and results will start to pick up in coming weeks. But there you go. Maybe I'm being too optimistic.  

Just got back in, when we scored i thought we might just do a smash and grab, but no we conceded a soft goal again, but positives are Nelson is becoming a rock , my man of the match, other positives are Sibbo coming on and Barks also making his come back, I do believe we can make the play offs, do I like the way we play at the moment no, hope it improves with the results, results build confidence, got to give Warne more time, as sacking another manager will not help us, build stability. 

8 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

After today's game, not in wrist-slashing mode like a lot seem to be. In the circumstances (injuries, playing an unbeaten team etc etc) thought it was a decent point. We've just come off the back of 3/4 tough games and we are still only 3 points off the play-offs. Personally, I think we'll improve and the performances and results will start to pick up in coming weeks. But there you go. Maybe I'm being too optimistic.  

Not sure what makes you think performances will improve I’ve seen nothing to suggest that’s just around the corner.

6 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

What do you mean "only" 3 points off the playoffs? At this end of the table, 3 points is a huge gap.

Not to mention that the team in 6th were not a few hours ago putting in an absolute stinker at Pride Park and could have easily walked away with a win if they could just about be bothered

We are 11th. Which means there are 4 teams better placed to take that 6th spot, should one of those playoff teams slip up and drop points.

And that's the task ahead of us to just get to 6th, the very last playoff spot. We are 6 points off the top two. Promotion this year is another dimension away. We are so far away from success, if we even dream about promotion we better wake up and apologise to the 10 teams above us in the league

Wake up. We are dead in the water. It's not wrist slashing to face the facts.

As soon as we scored, the instruction went out to play 5 at the back - despite us being pretty solid with a 4. 

Barks, playing in his 4th position in 30 mins, wasn’t close enough to stop the cross…..but he isn’t a LWB.

Fozzy hadn’t given their winger a sniff and had been super tight to him in a back 4.

Stupid negative tactics should be blamed for loss of 2 points and not Barks.

Thought ref was excellent 1st half and pretty rubbish 2nd half…..for both sides.

Draw was fair result but so disappointing….Pompey nothing spectacular 

10 minutes ago, Tombo said:

What do you mean "only" 3 points off the playoffs? At this end of the table, 3 points is a huge gap.

Not to mention that the team in 6th were not a few hours ago putting in an absolute stinker at Pride Park and could have easily walked away with a win if they could just about be bothered

We are 11th. Which means there are 4 teams better placed to take that 6th spot, should one of those playoff teams slip up and drop points.

And that's the task ahead of us to just get to 6th, the very last playoff spot. We are 6 points off the top two. Promotion this year is another dimension away. We are so far away from success, if we even dream about promotion we better wake up and apologise to the 10 teams above us in the league

Thank God all fans don't have your outlook.

Edited by Sheff Ram

1 hour ago, alram said:

It's just draining isn't it, Clowes needs to act before this season fades into nothing. He didn't hestitate to get rid of Roseiner. Why Warne? It was a clear mistake getting him.

Getting rid of Liam cost very little.  Getting rid of Warne and his assistants on 4-year contracts would cost a lot.

20 minutes ago, Tombo said:

We should be looking at automatic promotion this season no excuses and the way we are going we look worse than last season and are miles off from looking like a top 6 side in a poor division.