Wildsmith needs a talking to.

davenportram

7 hours ago, davenportram said:

Not his shot stopping but his shithousery. 

After Peterbrough got their second one of their players took the ball off him and he went down holding his head. He was not touched on his head. He stayed down and got treatment for a fake injury.

I hate faking, but faking head contact is just trying to get a player sent off. Needs stamping out the game. 

Mason-Clarke did the same the first half, when they were winning one nil, around the centre circle as the ball went wide and they had players out of position.  30 seconds later he was up and running full pelt.  

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Suggested the use of citations myself. Suspect 15 mins would be too draconian for football,but not allowing players to immediately re-join the game having spent 5 minutes rolling around holding their heads makes a deal of sense. Perhaps they could be excluded for as long as the break in play incurred?

It's not lost on me that quite a stark difference between the two sports is that a lot of footballers too much time pretending to be injured, whereas most rugby players (often to the detriment of their health) spend entire games pretending they are not. 

Maybe 5 minutes so a doc can give the all clear. As long as there’s a free replacement for the time off the pitch would be fair in my opinion. The 15 minutes is the time it takes to get through concussion protocols. We have a independent doctor making the assessment.

Never understood why the attacking team are able/encouraged to get the ball and put it on the center circle, it aways leads to grappling over the ball. Strikes me the ball is in our possession and we need to return it to the center circle. As another person has said, just book us for time wasting. 

I hate to see cheating, from either team. That's what it is.

15 hours ago, SouthDerbysRam said:

It's both. I didn't deny it wasn't cheating. But until the footballing authorities do something about this, we should take advantage of this.

Well personally when I am shelling out hundreds of pounds to watch football that's exactly what Id like to see, not grown men pretending to be hurt rolling around on the floor, if I wanted to see that I could just watch WWE for free on my tv.

36 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Im not a fan but other teams are doing it against us and we can’t afford to have better principles than every other team in the sport… 

100%  - I don't want to be smugly enjoying our principled team, while sitting 16th in the table. Taking every advantage, pushing the boundaries of the law, it's all part of the game.

It's not being smart, it's not professionalism, it's cheating. 

Playing fair and succeeding can well go together.  If Warne needs to rely on players faking injuries to win games, that is not a flattering reflection of his managerial skills.  i trust that Warne is ambitious and self confident enough to stamp out this kind of tomfoolery.

10 minutes ago, ramit said:

Playing fair and succeeding can well go together.  If Warne needs to rely on players faking injuries to win games, that is not a flattering reflection of his managerial skills.  i trust that Warne is ambitious and self confident enough to stamp out this kind of tomfoolery.

Man U 

Chelsea 

arsenal 

barcelona 

real 

psg 

all do or have done it. No one criticises them 

15 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

It’s amazing how many of our fans were nervous at 1-4 (me included) even when we were into 80 mins!!

Something to do with them hitting the bar and having 3 cleared off the line.

7 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Man U 

Chelsea 

arsenal 

barcelona 

real 

psg 

all do or have done it. No one criticises them 

i criticize them all the time.  Find it a real shame seeing talented footballers resort to rolling in the grass palms on face.  How cheaply they sell themselves, because others do it.  Tsk tsk.

21 minutes ago, ramit said:

The trouble is, there is a fine line between success and failure in football. We failed last season because we didn't get promoted, we may have got promoted of we had got into the play offs, which we just missed out on. Looking back on last season, what was the net loss of points through penalties for players diving in the box?

Would you be complaining of we'd got promoted, because we matched other teams 'professionalism'? Unfortunately, professionalism or cheating happens throughout the game, whether it's faking injuries, wrestling at corners, standing in front of free kicks, niggling fouls to stop potential attacks early on, the list is endless. Every deliberate illegal act is cheating on the pitch, others are miss timed but not deliberate.

It would be lovely, to be in a position of vast superiority where we didn't need to resort to the dark arts, but I would suggest that no teams have never resorted to some kind of unsportsmanlike acts, to achieve what they have done.

56 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I don’t give a toss about cheating tbh , derby have been too nice I actually applaud it it’s not conventional but it’s bloody effective. 

id love for such behaviour to be eradicated but it isn’t and other teams bully and frustrate us why can’t we do it?

Haven’t you contradicted yourself there? You don’t give a toss about cheating but you’d love to see such behaviour eradicated.

It would be a very sad day in my mind if everyone stopped caring about cheating in football. It’s the biggest blight on the modern game as far as I’m concerned and I wish it could be stamped out. If I had my way, video evidence would be used to penalise players (yes, Derby players as much as anyone else’s) after the game when they have blatantly faked an injury in an attempt to have another player booked or sent off. The Wildsmith incident was a classic example. I hate time wasting but accept it’s become an almost acceptable part of the game. Wildsmith could easily have delayed the restart by claiming/faking cramp or something without resorting to the theatrics of pretending he had been struck on the head. 

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Haven’t you contradicted yourself there? You don’t give a toss about cheating but you’d love to see such behaviour eradicated.

It would be a very sad day in my mind if everyone stopped caring about cheating in football. It’s the biggest blight on the modern game as far as I’m concerned and I wish it could be stamped out. If I had my way, video evidence would be used to penalise players (yes, Derby players as much as anyone else’s) after the game when they have blatantly faked an injury in an attempt to have another player booked or sent off. The Wildsmith incident was a classic example. I hate time wasting but accept it’s become an almost acceptable part of the game. Wildsmith could easily have delayed the restart by claiming/faking cramp or something without resorting to the theatrics of pretending he had been struck on the head. 

It’s more the argument that it doesn’t look like it’s going to removed and everyone uses it against us so although I would try to avoid it if it can be effective for others why not us 

There's some very honest but a little naïve posters on this thread, The year is 2023 not 1923, The game is Football not Cricket this is no gentleman's game and the money that's involved can make or break a season.

I'm a big critic of "dark arts" players will push "the rules" until it breaks, How many teams came to PP last season and "played the game" a big majority I'd guess, If you can break the game up...then do it.

Man City the best team in England, They have a striker in Haarland watched him yesterday against Sheff Utd...a man his size is difficult to knock off the ball outside the area, But when in the penalty area his legs turned to sponge.

Do to them as they'd do to you 👍

8 hours ago, ram59 said:

The trouble is, there is a fine line between success and failure in football. We failed last season because we didn't get promoted, we may have got promoted of we had got into the play offs, which we just missed out on. Looking back on last season, what was the net loss of points through penalties for players diving in the box?

Would you be complaining of we'd got promoted, because we matched other teams 'professionalism'? Unfortunately, professionalism or cheating happens throughout the game, whether it's faking injuries, wrestling at corners, standing in front of free kicks, niggling fouls to stop potential attacks early on, the list is endless. Every deliberate illegal act is cheating on the pitch, others are miss timed but not deliberate.

It would be lovely, to be in a position of vast superiority where we didn't need to resort to the dark arts, but I would suggest that no teams have never resorted to some kind of unsportsmanlike acts, to achieve what they have done.

Yes, i would rather we lose than cheat, no matter how many others do it.  To me, winning by cheating is not winning at all.  Men's football is a mans game however, i see nothing wrong with being as physical a side as rules permit.  Not getting shouldered off a ball is a strength, a hard tackle can turn a game and so on.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well personally when I am shelling out hundreds of pounds to watch football that's exactly what Id like to see, not grown men pretending to be hurt rolling around on the floor, if I wanted to see that I could just watch WWE for free on my tv.

I’m fairly sure but correct me If I’m wrong that had he given them the ball and let the game start right away and we conceded another straight from the restart you’d not be sat here saying ‘well at least we didn’t delay football being played’ 😂