Wildsmith needs a talking to.

davenportram

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Thing is, when a player on the scoring team picks the ball up after a goal and then runs hell for leather to place it on the centre spot, does it really lead to the game restarting any quicker? I doubt it in most cases.

I don’t think it does at all if the team that conceded want to walk to the centre spot to kick off they can do no matter how quickly the team that scored get the ball back to the centre spot. All this wrestling for the ball after a goal is a waste of effort in my opinion 

55 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Not his shot stopping but his shithousery. 

After Peterbrough got their second one of their players took the ball off him and he went down holding his head. He was not touched on his head. He stayed down and got treatment for a fake injury.

I hate faking, but faking head contact is just trying to get a player sent off. Needs stamping out the game. 

It wasn't to get someone sent off, it was to buy time for Warne to organise the rearguard and stop their momentum. It should be stopped as it is sadly widespread throughout the game. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

It wasn't to get someone sent off, it was to buy time for Warne to organise the rearguard and stop their momentum. It should be stopped as it is sadly widespread throughout the game. 

But why hold his head? Just go down and stay down - absolutely no need for a keeper to fake a head injury to get treatment 

Edited by davenportram

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

But why hold his head? Just go down and stay down - absolutely no need for a keeper to fake a head injury to get treatment 

i'm not defending him, just explaining his motivation

10 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I personally feel that once the ball goes in the net it should be a straight booking for any goalkeeper that stops the opposition from retrieving the ball.

Why? The ball is now in the possession of the team who've just conceded so it's arguable that the keeper is within his rights to claim the ball. It's then up to the referee to decide if he's then wasting time.

Edited by Wolfie20

If an opposition player was down holding their head faking it as a player you would feel like giving them a real reason to bee holding their head and give them a good boot, hate it as a player and fan and needs to be stamped out firmly. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Why? The ball is now in the possession of the team who've just conceded so it's arguable that the keeper is within his rights to claim the ball. It's then up to the referee to decide if he's then wasting time.

It's not in the possession of the team that have just conceded at all.

The only reason the goalkeeper wants the ball is to prevent the opposition from capitalising on any momentum gained from scoring. And his involvement is normally the spark that causes problems. Therefore keep him out of it, and get the game restarted.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

Not his shot stopping but his shithousery. 

After Peterbrough got their second one of their players took the ball off him and he went down holding his head. He was not touched on his head. He stayed down and got treatment for a fake injury.

I hate faking, but faking head contact is just trying to get a player sent off. Needs stamping out the game. 

Whilst i don't like it, it is now a vital part of the game and can often be the difference. 

I don’t like it, especially when it’s that blatant/poorly executed but most matches have players searching for blood on their faces when they have been brushed on the shoulder at most.  Don’t see him as trendsetting here just doing what all clubs do to manage the end of games. 

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Watch the highlights on ramsplayer

Will do. What I would definitely criticise Wildsmith for was his reaction in front of the home fans after the final whistle. Do that at The Den or Elland Road and all hell could break loose - absolutely no need for it.