Wildsmith needs a talking to.

davenportram

Not his shot stopping but his shithousery. 

After Peterbrough got their second one of their players took the ball off him and he went down holding his head. He was not touched on his head. He stayed down and got treatment for a fake injury.

I hate faking, but faking head contact is just trying to get a player sent off. Needs stamping out the game. 

It was really important not to allow Peterborough any momentum for an unlikely comeback. I remember how Mings having lengthy treatment squashed any chance of us equalizing in the Villa playoff final. Wildsmith's game management is a massive bonus for us. I understand many "purists" on here will disagree, but I admire his professionalism. I don't want us to be plucky losers. 

I always wonder why so much of this goes in Premier League and Football League football where there are cameras at every game.

Your friends and family can see you've faked it, in a few years your kids and grandchildren may see it, how embarrassing would that be.

Anyone over 20 should not be faking it like a child, if you are in a battle you need leaders and strong characters, those with a faking it mindset are the ones who you can't rely on when under pressure and will end up costing their team points.

If he had got sent of for faking it we could have lost, drawn or still won but face the next game without him.

20 minutes ago, SouthDerbysRam said:

It was great situational awareness imo. Opposition stood around for a few minutes after the goal at a time when their eager to go at us again. Warne can get his message across to the players in the meantime in prep for the last 5 mins of the match.

Didn’t have to fake being hit on the head though. Could get a player sent off

Edited by davenportram

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It was really important not to allow Peterborough any momentum for an unlikely comeback. I remember how Mings having lengthy treatment squashed any chance of us equalizing in the Villa playoff final. Wildsmith's game management is a massive bonus for us. I understand many "purists" on here will disagree, but I admire his professionalism. I don't want us to be plucky losers. 

It’s not the going down injured that I dislike. It’s the going down holding his head that only can be to get a player sent off

Edited by davenportram

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Didn’t have to fake being hit on the head though. Could get a player sent off

The opposing player shouldn't put himself in the position where he could get sent off. Let the ref do his job, there's no need to push Wildsmith over, even if he's overexaggerating.

2 minutes ago, SouthDerbysRam said:

The opposing player shouldn't put himself in the position where he could get sent off. Let the ref do his job, there's no need to push Wildsmith over, even if he's overexaggerating.

He didn’t push him just took the ball out of his hands 

27 minutes ago, SouthDerbysRam said:

It was great situational awareness imo. Opposition stood around for a few minutes after the goal at a time when their eager to go at us again. Warne can get his message across to the players in the meantime in prep for the last 5 mins of the match.

Great situational awareness. No, it was cheating.

5 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Warne will probably encourage it. During his time here he has hinted we are not 'coy' enough.

Its a tactic that always frustrates me in the game but its very effective and undoubtedly stopped them having a chance of getting another and giving us shakey legs

Not faking head injuries surely 

These 'injury' time outs annoy the hell out of me. Virtually every game players. usually keepers who can stay on the field, are going down 'injured' in order to break up play when the other team is getting on top. This gives the coaching staff the chance for a little team talk and to regroup their players.

The sooner it's stamped out the better, but having said that, if teams are doing it to us, then I will begrudgingly accept us using the same tactic.