Tyreece John-Jules - joined on a 6-month loan, extended to end of season

McMuffin

39 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I'd be surprised if this is not a long-term project for him and the club. He hasn't been fit in ages so maybe he is happy with how his fitness is being taken care of here.

Maybe the short-term goal is to stay fit this season and get some minutes. A medium-term goal could be a good pre-season with some bulking and buying shoes that make him stay on his feet. 

The long-term goal is to shoot us up to PL. 

When we are talking about persistent injury problems, I think the long-term approach is the only sensible one. And that might be the idea Warne has sold to him.

Speculative for sure, but wouldn't be surprised if so.

I guess that is a possibility. We’ll have to wait and see.

Hopefully 12 months from now, he’ll be riding high at the top of the Championship scoring charts, like a similarly written off Morgan Whittaker.

8 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I would make the argument that two up is preferred - what with Warne's predilection for 3-5-2.

Much prefer NML wide - let him isolate a full back one on one.

If 442 I'd rather NML be central/ free to roam  as he doesn't need to worry about defending then, the 2 wide in a 443 have to help the FB out, and I'd put NML ahead of TJJ at the minute, so if we get CBT  that leaves Wilson, Barks, pos Sibley and CBT for the wide positions. 

TJJ has shown some touches when he came on as a sub a few weeks ago, but not really done a great deal with his 2 starts,  so I don't expect him to be starting many at the minute, but only just over half way thru season so plenty of time to make an impact

2 hours ago, Rich84 said:

If 442 I'd rather NML be central/ free to roam  as he doesn't need to worry about defending then, the 2 wide in a 443 have to help the FB out, and I'd put NML ahead of TJJ at the minute, so if we get CBT  that leaves Wilson, Barks, pos Sibley and CBT for the wide positions. 

TJJ has shown some touches when he came on as a sub a few weeks ago, but not really done a great deal with his 2 starts,  so I don't expect him to be starting many at the minute, but only just over half way thru season so plenty of time to make an impact

Twelve men,
We've only got twelve men,
We've only got twelve
men... 🎶🎶

6 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Twelve men,
We've only got twelve
men... 🎶🎶

That's because the running Collins does its like having an extra man.... 🙄

18 hours ago, Jourdan said:

This is a curious one. I am not sure how much first team football John-Jules is likely to get by staying on.

With his injury record, his lack of minutes so far, and the competition for places, I just struggle to see where he fits in.

He is clearly a more technical player than Collins but I would give Collins the nod every time. For all of his faults, at least with Collins, you know what you are getting.

With John Jules, there is uncertainty over fitness, match sharpness and a general ability to influence games consistently.

If we sign Blackett Taylor to add to NML, Barkhuizen and Wilson, that’s another player who would likely be chosen ahead of John Jules for the forward positions.

I just think he’d only really figure if we are rotating the team or there is an injury crisis. In which case, you would want us to look to the under 21s and take a chance on our own young players, surely?

I do hope he gets fit and ends up scoring some decisive goals, but it’s hard to see it happening.

He might be our own young player come the start of next season……he’s out of contract.  I suspect Warne is thinking beyond this season so he may become more of a (more than useful) impact sub / back up in the run in if we sign another striker

26 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

He might be our own young player come the start of next season……he’s out of contract.  I suspect Warne is thinking beyond this season so he may become more of a (more than useful) impact sub / back up in the run in if we sign another striker

I do think that we should use our own young players (if they are capable of stepping up even for a few minutes), however when his loan finishes he will be free to find a new club. I do think that in this instance we would actually be developing our own player.

• 3 weeks later...

Can’t believe the sentiment on here about a talented young player who is desperate to prove himself but whose career has been blighted by injuries.

Warne has seen a player in training who exhibits amazing skill. He has shown faith in TJJ because if he could get fit, he’d be a great addition.

It didn’t work out but surely the hope is that this young man realises his dreams?

6 hours ago, Rambalin said:

The lad has some strange split leg stance when he's trying to hold the ball up.  Puts strain on hamstrings and lower back and he winds up on the deck or injured.  That should have been coached out of him by now by strengthening his upper body or teaching him to play out wide and cutting in or off his marker.  

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Can’t believe the sentiment on here about a talented young player who is desperate to prove himself but whose career has been blighted by injuries.

Warne has seen a player in training who exhibits amazing skill. He has shown faith in TJJ because if he could get fit, he’d be a great addition.

It didn’t work out but surely the hope is that this young man realises his dreams?

Hopefully when he recovers he can get a full preseason and kick. Could still be a useful free signing on the right terms