Tyreece John-Jules - joined on a 6-month loan, extended to end of season

McMuffin

1 minute ago, inter politics said:

Hopefully he will improve with more minutes. Wasn't great tonight 

Yeah I’d thought was steadily growing and improving but was really poor tonight. Would like another option up front as well.

Just now, rammieib said:

Not convinced on him - feel it’s a loan wasted. Hope I’m proved wrong.

He's shown he can finish.  I expect his goals are going to come as an impact sub rather than a starter however. He's a bit weak and will do more damage against tiring defenders who aren't chasing him about.  Need more starting firepower bringing in. 

18 minutes ago, MarkD said:

In the same interview, Warne also said he was off to watch a player he really likes tomorrow night

Yeah, if Warne is going himself to watch I would suggest he’s a major target. Just looked thru the fixtures & my guesses would be one of the following:

Armando Dobra (Chesterfield)

Davis Keillor-Dunn (Mansfield)

Owen Moxon (Carlisle)

Just now, Ramdale said:

Yeah, if Warne is going himself to watch I would suggest he’s a major target. Just looked thru the fixtures & my guesses would be one of the following:

Owen Moxon (Carlisle)

Always notice keillor-Dunn on efl highlights, seems to score every week!

what do you think would cost?

7 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Owen Moxon (Carlisle)

Callum Lang?

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's shown he can finish.  I expect his goals are going to come as an impact sub rather than a starter however. He's a bit weak and will do more damage against tiring defenders who aren't chasing him about.  Need more starting firepower bringing in. 

1 league goal for is from memory? Port Vale away where from 16 yards out he managed to put it through GK legs. Intended or fluke?

Im far from convinced.

Think a few more games and he’ll come good. He created the first goal by flicking it onto Mendez Laing. He basically got us the 3 points at Port Vale so we’d be 3 points down if we was without him. Probably more of an impact sub, so if we can get another striker in before the window closes I’d be more than happy.

I think we need to continue with a two upfront but not convinced JJ is the ideal foil for Collins - as a starter he seems to lack the physical strength needed in this division. We might get more from him by using him as an impact sub with 20-25 minutes to go - against a physically and mentally tiring defence.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

I think we need to continue with a two upfront but not convinced JJ is the ideal foil for Collins - as a starter he seems to lack the physical strength needed in this division. We might get more from him by using him as an impact sub with 20-25 minutes to go - against a physically and mentally tiring defence.

I'm not sure Collins is the ideal foil for JJ... JJ is much more technically gifted and Collins doesn't move well around him. They just don't gel either way you slice it, but they may improve if they play together more. Said it in the ratings thread, but there was a point in the first half where JJ was all the way out on the left touchline near the bench screaming for a ball to feet from Elder and he was completely ignored in favour of a safe pass to Cashin. He was visibly annoyed by it. We are still getting used to him playing, particularly from the start, we have to use him more at what he's good at.

4 hours ago, RamFan13 said:

Think a few more games and he’ll come good. He created the first goal by flicking it onto Mendez Laing. He basically got us the 3 points at Port Vale so we’d be 3 points down if we was without him. Probably more of an impact sub, so if we can get another striker in before the window closes I’d be more than happy.

You can't be sure we'd be 3 points down because there's no way of knowing what contribution his replacement would have made but I do agree with your point of him being more use to us as an impact sub.

34 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

John Jules don't rate him at all doesn't offer anything.  

Light weight  he's on the floor more than Chris Martin ever was but Chris could play this lad cant .

Sure there's better players aavailable to spend wages on. 

Remember you posting this "Let Cashin go he's over rated and no pace  ,he's not worth £500,000 snatch there hands off."

Think I'll trust managers judgement 😏

18 hours ago, rammieib said:

1 league goal for is from memory? Port Vale away where from 16 yards out he managed to put it through GK legs. Intended or fluke?

Im far from convinced.

Sure he got another off the bench and it was a decent strike.  Could be wrong