Tyreece John-Jules - joined on a 6-month loan, extended to end of season

McMuffin

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Can’t believe the sentiment on here about a talented young player who is desperate to prove himself but whose career has been blighted by injuries.

Warne has seen a player in training who exhibits amazing skill. He has shown faith in TJJ because if he could get fit, he’d be a great addition.

It didn’t work out but surely the hope is that this young man realises his dreams?

Yeah, the milk of human kindness has evaporated on this forum. Do feel for the lad though, They don't seem to be more than your typical strains and tears but it seems his body takes a disproportionately long time to mend from them. Poor lad was crying his eyes out and hid his face when he was being taken from the field for this one. He knew straight away he was done. 

Assuming that's him done with Derby now, I'd still imagine he'll find a club after this one without too much bother, but his career will be on a downward trajectory unless he finally gets a run at it injury free.

Hard lines TJJ. All the best son. 

At this level you have to take gambles, you aren't going to get the finished article. Not the lad's fault...

Trying not to on Warne's case with this, but he does seem to favour the gamble that he takes being on players with a poor injury record or getting on a bit and falling out of favour at a decent level. Rather than it being promoting youth or dipping into lower leagues for emerging talent, unproven at our level.

Edited by Chester40

13 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Can’t believe the sentiment on here about a talented young player who is desperate to prove himself but whose career has been blighted by injuries.

Warne has seen a player in training who exhibits amazing skill. He has shown faith in TJJ because if he could get fit, he’d be a great addition.

It didn’t work out but surely the hope is that this young man realises his dreams?

I can't believe that you can't believe the sentiment on here. I have been on this forum for a few years now and in the last couple of years, the levels of sympathy and patience have nose dived.

Maybe partly due to the administration and the farce that followed etc.

But it really has become toxic in places.

22 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I can't believe that you can't believe the sentiment on here. I have been on this forum for a few years now and in the last couple of years, the levels of sympathy and patience have nose dived.

Maybe partly due to the administration and the farce that followed etc.

But it really has become toxic in places.

I'm not sure things are that bad. There are a handful of posters like this but most people are reasonable.

16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'm not sure things are that bad. There are a handful of posters like this but most people are reasonable.

I’d agree with this. Ignoring few posters who are less pleasant to read and very active and suddenly this forum is very good again 👌 I just wish people wouldn’t quote those I’ve ignored 🤣

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

At this level you have to take gambles, you aren't going to get the finished article. Not the lad's fault...

Trying not to on Warne's case with this, but he does seem to favour the gamble that he takes being on players with a poor injury record or getting on a bit and falling out of favour at a decent level. Rather than it being promoting youth or dipping into lower leagues for emerging talent, unproven at our level.

I do agree & both approaches are equally risky IMO

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Perhaps we should have an hour after each game in which no one is allowed to post.

Simmer time!

Good idea. And an hour before the game kicks off. By the time I’ve read all the gloom about the wrong team having been picked, I presume it’s just a matter of time before we lose the game. Strangely, it hasn’t been turning out that way for some reason😎

8 minutes ago, BOB BIGGS said:

Good idea. And an hour before the game kicks off. By the time I’ve read all the gloom about the wrong team having been picked, I presume it’s just a matter of time before we lose the game. Strangely, it hasn’t been turning out that way for some reason😎

Might have to stop posts during the game too. If we get of to a poor start, we end up with people saying things like "I actually hate Paul Warne".

On 09/02/2024 at 11:24, Anag Ram said:

Perhaps we should have an hour after each game in which no one is allowed to post.

Simmer time!

image.png.91354018d4dbc798db15e6f106ec1716.png and what is that going to achieve...there are no collections on a Sunday

• 1 month later...