Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

45 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am sure I heard a while ago that he had signed an extension - anyway obviously the club want to put some kind of a positive spin out into the public domain today 

We exercised an option for an additional year. The new contract takes him through to 2027.

Is that what you mean by 'spin'?

14 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Obviously he's doing right by the club who gave him his chance and it shows how much he appreciates that by signing but make no mistake, he'll be gone in the summer. This way the club gets the max amount poss.

Precisely, he needs ti move on if we’re still in league 1 in the summer. 

He is probably savvy enough to also realise if he goes to the Premier league,  he may only play bit parts at the moment or get loaned out. 

If he got championship interest,  he would walk into most teams and stay. So maybe he is banking on championship football with us next year.

Either way it is a win win for Derby.

Since he's signed the extension where do you think the club sees his price tag range at now. £4 mil was the reported fee Brighton were willing to pay as he was going into this final year of his old deal. We are notorious at selling our talents for way under the prices the media tends to hype them up to be (ie Hughes £10-15 mill at one stage). I would presume he's going to be targeted again if we do not get promotion.

Edited by eddielewis

21 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Since he's signed the extension where do you think the club sees his price tag range at now. £4 mil was the reported fee Brighton were willing to pay as he was going into this final year of his old deal. We are notorious at selling our talents for way under the prices the media tends to hype them up to be (ie Hughes £10-15 mill at one stage). I would presume he's going to be targeted again if we do not get promotion.

For once im hoping we have someone elses pants down. 

1 hour ago, eddielewis said:

I still think 4/5 million would be a good fee to receive for a top league 1 defender.

If we get promoted and if he plays regularly in the Championship next season, there is no reason why we shouldn't be expecting the type of fees Bristol City seem to command for their defenders.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

What's special about this young Blackburn lad they've just managed to sell for £22m? @B4ev6is would agree it's 20m or not for sale!

As much as anything it's desperation on the part of Palace - Simon Jordan is getting twitchy.