Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

3 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

Riggott wasn’t always injured in his first spell at Derby which was played mainly in the premier league. It’s hard to compare players when they’ve played in different divisions, Phil Gee looked a world beater in level 2 of English football but struggled in the top tier, until Cash as played in the top flight it will be hard to compare 

So did Bobby 😊

Cashin is a remarkably good central defender for his age.  He has quite a few years of improvement ahead, yet already reads the game well, is strong, tackles well and has impressive long passing ability, a rarity in that position.  There is considerable potential there and so if he is sold it can only be for big money.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It is, but he’s signed a new boot deal to help with that, compliment his old school style, and further prove his growing legacy. He’s going to wear the same boots as the legendary Italian defender Franco Baresi;

the marketing campaign is being drawn up now…. “Cash in the asics”….

IMG_1430.jpeg

I dare say you have too much time on your hands @Caerphilly Ram 🤣

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Potentially. However the reality is I don’t, there’s plenty I should be getting on with at work…I’m just a terrible procrastinator and like a pun….it amused me 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😆 

Procrastination is the thief of time ? Although I once saw constipation is the thief of time written on a cubicle wall in the toilets at Michael Wood services M5.

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It is, but he’s signed a new boot deal to help with that, compliment his old school style, and further prove his growing legacy. He’s going to wear the same boots as the legendary Italian defender Franco Baresi

Are they the same size then, but surely after all this time they'll be a bit tatty and covered in dubbin.?

4 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Procrastination is the thief of time ? Although I once saw constipation is the thief of time written on a cubicle wall in the toilets at Michael Wood services M5.

I think you’ll find that constipation is the thief of time… spent in the smallest room away from your bleating family. 

It will be interesting to compare the fees received for Cashin and Ronnie Edwards at Peterborough. Edwards is very highly thought of and has reportedly had Palace and West Ham interested. Edwards looked a slightly classier version, quicker too. Posh normally get good value from their sales. Both could leave in the next 12 months.

2 hours ago, enachops said:

It will be interesting to compare the fees received for Cashin and Ronnie Edwards at Peterborough. Edwards is very highly thought of and has reportedly had Palace and West Ham interested. Edwards looked a slightly classier version, quicker too. Posh normally get good value from their sales. Both could leave in the next 12 months.

Defensively Cashin is miles ahead - twice as many tackles and interceptions, more clearances, more blocks, almost triple the number of aerial battles won. Offensively, he has almost four times as many shots, successfully dribbles twice as often (and never loses possession), and has twice as many key passes.

However, Cashin is dribbled past once a game whilst Edwards is every other game, commits twice as many fouls, and has a worse first touch. Cashin is also 2 years older.

When talking about what players excel at, someone being in the top 3 in the league at that skill would be just that. When looking only at the regualr starting CBs, Cashin excels at: tackling, interceptions, clearances, blocks, shots, dribbling, challenging in the air, and key passes. That's right... he's in the top 3 for all of those categories! He does get dribbled past more than any other regular starting CB though. Edwards excels at not fouling people, best first touch, and passing (short and long). On the other hand, he's weak at attacking set pieces, and doesn't challenge in the air

Some good comments on this thread but comparing Paul McGrath to Cash is very extreme 

PM was finished virtually as a player when he joined us in his mid to late thirties , never warmed up before a game and had his knees strapped up yet was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch most games

as much as I like Cash he will never be as good as PM  I’m afraid played in a good Man U and Villa sides and world cups with Eire…different class 

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

Some good comments on this thread but comparing Paul McGrath to Cash is very extreme 

PM was finished virtually as a player when he joined us in his mid to late thirties , never warmed up before a game and had his knees strapped up yet was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch most games

as much as I like Cash he will never be as good as PM  I’m afraid played in a good Man U and Villa sides and world cups with Eire…different class 

It's also worth remembering that at 23, McGrath had just finished 7th in the Irish League

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's also worth remembering that at 23, McGrath had just finished 7th in the Irish League

Yes true but he still won’t reach  Mgraths level I think people are getting a tad carried away

Cash is a good player but I seriously doubt he’ll play for a team as big as Man U  and play as many top flight games PM did

23 hours ago, Gary Teale said:

Riggott played over 200 premier league games and in a UEFA cup final. Not sure Cashin is better all round either. 

I meant as in Riggs early days at Derby. Can't predict the future youth 🙂

1 hour ago, Raich Carter said:

I meant as in Riggs early days at Derby. Can't predict the future youth 🙂

He want straight into Premier League football and coped, I personally don't think Cashin will be a premier league player but none of us know. Big jump from doing well in League 1 to facing some of the best forwards in the world

22 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

You wouldn’t get filth written like that on Gloucester services walls….