Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

Sell no one. Keep Cashin and Bird and yes, Louie too. Keep our top academy prospects, keep Nelson, Nyambe, Wilson, NML, don't release any key players, save for silly money. It's high time our enforced reputation as a selling club, who pays through the nose and is prone to throwing out the baby is consigned to history. From here on, we build. And for what it's worth, £4 mill for Cash isn't anywhere near silly enough, unless Brighton want to give us a fat split (like 40%fat), when they sell him on for 3 times that in a year or two's time.

Exercise the added year options, get ourselves promoted, sit down and thank them with all our hearts, THEN sit down and discuss their future. We get promoted and Cash is worth £7.5 straight off the bat and I don't doubt that he'll help ensure the club gets max value for him, a la Jude Bellingham if you like, though on a less grand scale, obviously. I love the fact that Max and Eiran have stood behind the club through thick and thin, with in my view, lesser talents scurrying off at the first available opportunity. I don't want another Jason Knight where we see a top talent effectively horse-traded. He pretty much had to be sold, but with us exiting the agreed business plan this summer and on the brink of the autos, are we still compelled to offload players who can prosper in the Championship? Hell no! Might be harnessing the spirit of @B4ev6is here, but this is how I see it right now and I've a hunch, Mr Clowes does too.

2 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Sell no one. Keep Cashin and Bird and yes, Louie too. Keep our top academy prospects, keep Nelson, Nyambe, Wilson, NML, don't release any key players, save for silly money. It's high time our enforced reputation as a selling club, who pays through the nose and is prone to throwing out the baby is consigned to history. From here on, we build. And for what it's worth, £4 mill for Cash isn't anywhere near silly enough, unless Brighton want to give us a fat split (like 40%fat), when they sell him on for 3 times that in a year or two's time.

Exercise the added year options, get ourselves promoted, sit down and thank them with all our hearts, THEN sit down and discuss their future. We get promoted and Cash is worth £7.5 straight off the bat and I don't doubt that he'll help ensure the club gets max value for him, a la Jude Bellingham if you like, though on a less grand scale, obviously. I love the fact that Max and Eiran have stood behind the club through thick and thin, with in my view, lesser talents scurrying off at the first available opportunity. I don't want another Jason Knight where we see a top talent effectively horse-traded. He pretty much had to be sold, but with us exiting the agreed business plan this summer and on the brink of the autos, are we still compelled to offload players who can prosper in the Championship? Hell no! Might be harnessing the spirit of @B4ev6is here, but this is how I see it right now and I've a hunch, Mr Clowes does too.

Happy new year Comrade. Hope you had a good night. Now get yerself off to bed. There is a game in 6 hours.

4 Million, is a lot in L1. 4m up front? Crazy money, and unlikely; if any deal is structured with even 50% up front we would be doing well.

Cash is a clever boy, he must know that next year for his development he needs Championship football, this year the edge of a hard fought promotion campaign will be fantastic for his development too, as well as playing alongside Nelson in a successful defensive partnership. 

I hope there is some kind of arrangement where he stays, and if we go up the extra year gets triggered, if not we put in terms and it goes to tribunal when he goes in the summer. If we go up then we will be in a similar position with Cash as this year, but 1 league higher, and still in the right place for him to be to developing further.

I'll be sad to lose Cashin, always loved a good centre half, and I'm not afraid to say I remember the moment we didnt lose him and signed him back on as the moment I almost 'lost it' during those very emotional few hours a couple of summers ago.

On 31/12/2023 at 18:18, goodgollymickbrolly said:

I guess we’ll see - I can recall a few occasions where his last ditch tackling has rescued him when he’s been clearly outpaced.  And this is at L1 level.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy as much as the next Ram, and can see him playing bottom half PL potentially.

How can he make last ditch tackles if someone outpaced him? You have to keep up to make a last ditch tackle

12 minutes ago, davenportram said:

How can he make last ditch tackles if someone outpaced him? You have to keep up to make a last ditch tackle

Perhaps I should have phrased that better but I think you know what I meant - so where he is ‘in the process’ of being outpaced and has had to make a last ditch challenge.  

Again to reiterate I really like Cashin, just don’t see him as a top PL player in the future 

Edited by goodgollymickbrolly
Added 2nd para

I love his passion and whole hearted commitment but when you watch Peterborough's winner again you'll see he got in Nelson's way and back headed it to their centre forward.His lack of height and genuine pace will stop him making the top grade I feel but there's a decent Championship defender in there.Happy to build our defence around him at this level.

There were two very good young centre halves on display yesterday: Cashin and Peterborough’s Ronnie Edwards. I was very impressed with Edwards and he’s linked with a £5m move to west Ham this month.

The pair of them side by side would be very tasty! The modern day Todd and McFarland. 

Edited by StarterForTen

2 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

I love his passion and whole hearted commitment but when you watch Peterborough's winner again you'll see he got in Nelson's way and back headed it to their centre forward.His lack of height and genuine pace will stop him making the top grade I feel but there's a decent Championship defender in there.Happy to build our defence around him at this level.

I think Nelson's hands being on Cashin impeded his ability to head it clear rather than the problem being his height.

33 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

There were two very good young centre halves on display yesterday: Cashin and Peterborough’s Ronnie Edwards. I was very impressed with Edwards and he’s linked with a £5m move to west Ham this month.

The pair of them side by side would be very tasty! The modern day Todd and McFarland. 

Yes, I liked the look of him yesterday.  He and Randall were the axis of that Peterborough side. 

2 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

I agree 100% with the bits in bold. I don't agree with any of the rest though. What I saw was two very tired defenders going for the same ball in the 90th minute. They had both played every single minute of the four games in 11 days.

I haven't seen any actual stats, but hopefully someone can confirm that he loses far fewer defensive aerial battles than he wins. Lack of height is not a problem because of the leap that he has got. As for pace, I've not seen anyone leave him in their wake. He's been likened many times, but he really does remind of Colin Todd.

2 hours ago, valakari said:

Wildsmith should have come and punched their winning goal..it was in the air a long time..but he froze!

Equaliser dropped in a bit limp too. Could he have got over?

Edited by MaltRam