Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

19 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I suspect this will get proved wrong over the course of the season. I really don't think he's been that bad. Nelson looked as wobbly initially but after consistent gametime looks far more assured. This is why i've endorsed giving Bradley minutes, as how is his form ever supposed to improve if he's not playing? I still think he'll come good. 

B4 levels of optimism. Bravo.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

He played well against Northampton but has been bad in every other game I've seen him. Even at Port Vale the very first thing he did was completely run underneath a long ball and not challenge for it. Seems to be his biggest issue - when he's built like he is he is so tentative in every challenge. Only chance he's got of game time is if there's an injury or Warne tries the ill-fated 352 again.

That was comical to watch. I don't understand how someone who's 6ft5 can misjudge the flight of the ball quite as bad as he often does.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

He played well against Northampton but has been bad in every other game I've seen him. Even at Port Vale the very first thing he did was completely run underneath a long ball and not challenge for it. Seems to be his biggest issue - when he's built like he is he is so tentative in every challenge. Only chance he's got of game time is if there's an injury or Warne tries the ill-fated 352 again.

I agree with this. He seems to be tentative to leap with any kind of authority and it means he doesn't look dominant aerially. I've half wondered if this is a fear of injury thing- he was out for a long time with a severe knee injury, maybe he's worried about the impact on landing? Regardless, we need to figure out why this is as if he can start winning headers, I think he could actually fill the gap if Cashin leaves. 

His blocking and 1-on-1 defending I actually think is excellent. What impressed me v Northampton was his speed of passing as well and how he contributes well in the build-up and passes well from the back. 

I'm not sitting here saying he's been a worldbeater, by any means. Just that I'm still holding out hope that he can be the imperious defender we all want him to be. 🤞

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

West Ham, Burnley and Sheffield United are set to compete for Derby's22-year-old English defender Eiran Cashin. (Teamtalk)

On the ball.

Just what we need. An auction for the lad. Prices are usually higher in January as clubs are desperate and there are fewer teams willing to sell. Hopefully Brighton come back too.

7 hours ago, maydrakin said:

It was on Radio Derby that he had an option for a further year.

I fully expect him to leave in this window - it seems the agent talk is already starting…

Team Talk do spout some utter nonsense. 

Can't see us losing him, how many clubs have ever lost a footballer? Too much value in them to put one down and forget where you've put him. 

Even if he went out for a few drinks, pulled, went back to hers and didn't show for training in the morning, he will more than likely let one of the lads know and the club would be informed.

If anything at least that would help fund the Christmas party by docking his wages for a week.

Just shows you the state of the media today, printing anything to chase those clicks, I guess what with the Man United being useless has been drained of all possible interest, they have to move down the leagues to find some content to lure people in.

Football club loses player, give me a break, not an international one those as they are just as boring. It's felt like one this weekend, I'm calling it now that's why they have published this. Giving those anti Warne lot more ammo, pile on after we got knocked out the FA Cup so didn't play and now Warne has gone and lost a player.

Like he should somehow have an Apple AirTag stitched in his underwear like some crazed bunny boiler type, because that would be totally normal right?

Saying that, he gets hammered for wearing bobble hats which is totally normal, even more so when you're bald. 

Bald man loses player shocker!

Come on, what's his lack of hair got to do with anything, it's all genetic, I tell you what, I'd rather be bald than be one of those miserable buggers that jump online to just moan more than an adult content creator.

Creating though is our biggest problem at the minute as well, forget losing Cashin, we haven't nor will we lose him, but what if we sold him and invested the money further up the pitch? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to keep hold of him, it's just the lad will have dreams of playing in the Premier League, how can you say no?

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

Mmm, there's been a couple of our players I'd like the manager to have mislaid a few times over the years but Cashin definitely isn't one of them! 

We haven't seen any stories of our managers mislaying one of his players, but we have seen stories of a couple of our managers laying one of his player's missus!

(apologies in advance for the horrible and crude terminology!)

Edited by May Contain Nuts

3 hours ago, Scott129 said:

That was comical to watch. I don't understand how someone who's 6ft5 can misjudge the flight of the ball quite as bad as he often does.

I don't understand why someone who's tall has to be good in the air. He's got a few inches of advantage, but that doesn't mean he's going to use that advantage. If he can't judge the flight of the ball it makes no difference if he's 6'5" or 5'6".

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I don't understand why someone who's tall has to be good in the air. He's got a few inches of advantage, but that doesn't mean he's going to use that advantage. If he can't judge the flight of the ball it makes no difference if he's 6'5" or 5'6".

Well if you aren't going to use that advantage, that's an issue in itself.

And if he has used that advantage to make thousands of headers in his career, you'd like to think that experience would help him to judge the flight of a ball.

On 05/12/2023 at 10:07, CongletonRam said:

5M doesn't go a long way.

A replacement would cost what, 2M? Add on their salary for 3 years, that's another 1.5M and Nyambe's contract would be another 1.5M. That's your 5M gone.

Your suggesting a striker, a midfielder and a winger? What ;planet do you live on! You'd need 10~15M for those players when you factor in transfer fees and wages.

You don’t pay them there salary upfront you know. There’s the summer to recoup fees. 
there’s no way I would be spending 2 million on a replacement centre back and neither will derby be spending that sort of fee under this ownership. 

also paying nyambe a contract worth 1.5 million even on 2 years is upwards of 15 grand a week. Again not gonna happen. 

get the money go and get Corey Blackett Taylor his contact ends in summer the striker from Wimbledon although quoted 1.2 million and a centre mid on loan also I’d be getting cashin back on loan till the summer and offer nyambe a contract until next summer. 

bank 5 million and spend under 2 million on 4 players 

Edited by Barney1991

On 05/12/2023 at 10:07, CongletonRam said:

5M doesn't go a long way.

A replacement would cost what, 2M? Add on their salary for 3 years, that's another 1.5M and Nyambe's contract would be another 1.5M. That's your 5M gone.

Your suggesting a striker, a midfielder and a winger? What ;planet do you live on! You'd need 10~15M for those players when you factor in transfer fees and wages.

Well £5m should go a very long way in League One however it also depends when the money actually comes in.

So you advocate paying someone 500k a year - joint top earner in the club - ok, thats fair, I'll go with that but you just ignored the savings on Cashin's Salary - which I imagine is probably 300-400k a year right now. 

I'd also suggest that should we get £5m, spending it on three £1m signings from League One and League Two with up and coming potential is a better investment for us.

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

You don’t pay them there salary upfront you know. There’s the summer to recoup fees. 
there’s no way I would be spending 2 million on a replacement centre back and neither will derby be spending that sort of fee under this ownership. 

also paying nyambe a contract worth 1.5 million even on 2 years is upwards of 15 grand a week. Again not gonna happen. 

get the money go and get Corey Blackett Taylor his contact ends in summer the striker from Wimbledon although quoted 1.2 million and a centre mid on loan also I’d be getting cashin back on loan till the summer and offer nyambe a contract until next summer. 

bank 5 million and spend under 2 million on 4 players 

Charlton won't be selling Blackett-Taylor on the cheap to a promotion rival in January. With 7 goals and 6 assist in 21 games this season, I would be surprised if there wasn't Championship interest in him.
If we were to go after someone from Charlton, I would rather it be 20 year old Campbell so we can continue our collection of Tyreece's. 

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

Well £5m should go a very long way in League One however it also depends when the money actually comes in.

So you advocate paying someone 500k a year - joint top earner in the club - ok, thats fair, I'll go with that but you just ignored the savings on Cashin's Salary - which I imagine is probably 300-400k a year right now. 

I'd also suggest that should we get £5m, spending it on three £1m signings from League One and League Two with up and coming potential is a better investment for us.

Need to think about resale value with any signings. 

On 05/12/2023 at 14:08, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We managed to lose Andre Wisdom in the countryside once so it's not unheard of...

A complete sidestep from the thread, but how mad is it that he's playing in the National League North now? He's managed to get so lost that he's ended up in the depths of non league at what should be his prime.

On 05/12/2023 at 11:05, therealhantsram said:

Just what we need. An auction for the lad. Prices are usually higher in January as clubs are desperate and there are fewer teams willing to sell. Hopefully Brighton come back too.

I know what you mean but I doubt anyone’s gonna be desperate for Cashin because I don’t think any Prem club will be buying him with a view to him improving their first XI (yet)

On 06/12/2023 at 18:02, NorwichExile said:

A complete sidestep from the thread, but how mad is it that he's playing in the National League North now? He's managed to get so lost that he's ended up in the depths of non league at what should be his prime.

Getting stabbed might have had something to do with it. Never the same player after that. Dread to think the impact that episode would’ve had on his mental health.