So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

Did I hear right or was there a physical altercation yesterday at the beginning of half time in the south stand concourse started by an argument over Warne? 

That’s what a fella behind me had said that he’d seen. 

There’d definitely been something happen as 2 derby fans were led away by police im just trying to get clarity on what started it? 

3 hours ago, IslandExile said:

It was if Eustace went to Rangers.

Wayne is not doing so well in the US.

Someone put it brilliantly on this forum the other day:  "Rooney wasn't a great manager but he was a great figurehead, at a time when we needed a figurehead more than a manager".

Thanks didnt know where came from as made no sense Brum would swap Eustace for Wayne! Yes that quote perfectly sums up

Because of the manner of how we play for the first time in many years I'm thinking of not making the long trip up from Kent as It's really horrendous football.....I want warne to succeed i really do but I just can't see me ever saying .."wow we are controlling games and outplaying teams " I know we are a world away from Brighton and where they currently are ....but there lies a good example of how to do it ...get good coaches and keep the same playing style, If anyone watches how Brighton played at United yesterday the football, passing and moving is quality and light years ahead of our archaeic turgid football ....I just can't see it changing under Warne I'm afraid

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No it hasn't. ADMINISTRATION and a points deduction has got us to where we are now. Oh and not all of those managers were sacked.

Makes no odds.... we are where we are due to the appointment [for whatever reason] of managers who have failed and spent ££££millions on poor players who we've let go d for peanuts....blame Mel if you want but all he did was back the Manager[s] ...Warne atm is our level. He has a track record of 3 promotions from this league so despite our current "failure" he gets my vote.. 

5 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

....the definition of insanity is to keep doing what you've done for the last 16 years [ie sack / replace the manager 17 times] and expect a different outcome...

Yeah, keeping the one that does not seem to be able to get the team to pass 4 times in a row with the overall plan just to run around a lot being outplayed in the third division based on the fact that we have changed a lot of managers in the past doesn't seem insane at all. 

18 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Makes no odds.... we are where we are due to the appointment [for whatever reason] of managers who have failed and spent ££££millions on poor players who we've let go d for peanuts....blame Mel if you want but all he did was back the Manager[s] ...Warne atm is our level. He has a track record of 3 promotions from this league so despite our current "failure" he gets my vote.. 

I think Mel was trying to follow Forests scattergun approach to managerial appointments which was go through enough of them and by chance you'll land on a half decent one - Cooper in their case.

Alas when we were also trying this strategy Morris decided to put the club into administration so kiboshing that experiment.

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think Mel was trying to follow Forests scattergun approach to managerial appointments which was go through enough of them and by chance you'll land on a half decent one - Cooper in their case.

Alas when we were also trying this strategy Morris decided to put the club into administration so kiboshing that experiment.

We got more cash for Rowett and Lampard than most of our player sales? Plus that's two mangers not sacked, who might have stayed.