So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

8 hours ago, Oldben said:

I wonder if it's worth considering replacing Paul Warne with Luke Williams.

Williams has been coaching in League One and the National League with Notts County, and it appears that he is close to making further progress up the pyramid. He is known for his coaching methods and tactical mind, having previously coached the Robins Under-23s from 2017 to 2019, before joining Notts County.

We would have to buy out this contract, but we would have to buy out the contract for most managers who might be worthwhile replacing Warne.

Williams is an "on-the-grass" style coach who can help players improve their individual skills. However, I understand that there could be concerns about his ability to promote us to the Championship, and whether our club is willing to take the risk.

Good shout.   I think we can use the cat  1 academy as bait to get these kind of managers - the ones who have a strong background in youth football and are real students of coaching.   We are spending millions each year on that academy it makes no sense unless we have a manager who looks to youth more than experience. 

8 hours ago, trappatoni said:

Good shout.   I think we can use the cat  1 academy as bait to get these kind of managers - the ones who have a strong background in youth football and are real students of coaching.   We are spending millions each year on that academy it makes no sense unless we have a manager who looks to youth more than experience. 

Just as importantly do we have an owner who would like the Academy setup to 'mirror' the first team?