So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

1 minute ago, SSD said:

I agree that we can't start replacing the manager, I'd argue we need to keep him until the end of the season and evaluate from there, unless it turned really dire. 

What I think is not helping is it is difficult for supporters to ignore the last third of the previous season where the team weren't good enough and blew the playoff chances. PW giving messages in interviews of how he wants his teams to play with high intensity, yet it's very obvious early on the two 2 centre backs we've bought in are past their prime and cannot play a high line because they're too slow, as an example. Retaining the ball is atrocious and this is a classic to hack supporters off. 

We are going to have to learn to grit our teeth because we've signed this chap up for the long term. Unless we end up in the bottom half 12-15 games in, he's going nowhere. I don't see any alternatives other to stick at it for a season.

100% that is what has happened. 

I was one of a few that didn't expect top 6 at all last season, yet when Warne himself calls it a failure it's hard to disagree with him when that was the objective.

For me, I have given him a clean slate for this season, first real opportunity to bring his own players in, forget what happened last season and that puts me very much in the minority online at least. Not been a great start, yet it's early days.

Combine that failure with those that were unconvinced by his appointment at the very start, we now have a majority of discontent, again online at least. 

Your online fans are in my opinion the more hardcore in that they listen and judge you on every word, there is no forgetting what was said following Cheltenham away last season, or in the RamsTV Xmas special, it's all documented online. Even our own opinions which come back to bite us on the arse.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Crazy looking back that he had assembled all the ingredients, just for whatever reason couldn't get anything more than beans and toast out of them.

You always expect a little new manager bounce, but that turn around was ridiculous....I remember when McClaren was first linked, was a divisive decision.

I'm not really sure that's true.  We weren't playing a million miles off what we ended up doing under McClaren, and we'd already put 5 past Millwall and 3 past Yeovil while playing excellent football.  We'd only lost 4 games when Clough was sacked, and the corresponding fixtures under McClaren weren't that much better either - losses to Leicester and Burnley under both managers, and we only picked a point more against Reading under McClaren. Obviously we put 5 past Forest under McClaren, but we also ended up losing to Millwall, having hammered them under Clough.

Perhaps, like when Harry redknap was brought in to help DazWaz, they should consider offering warne a guiding hand. Some paternal wisdom, some experienced expert heads to help him see the way forward.

Yes.

I am advocating that DCFCfans are officially appointed as Director of Football. The input would obviously come through on a democratic basis. I mean polls. Lots of them.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Not quite. They were 20th when he took over (outside the relegation zone) and they finished 15th (so, depends on your definition of “just below mid table”). Maybe the Hull fans expectations were higher than 15th.

Ok, they were very close to being in the bottom 3, was it GD 😊

26 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Ok, they were very close to being in the bottom 3, was it GD 😊

They were actually a point clear (not much still I know but they were also only a point off 16th) but regardless, Hull fans still may not have been happy with where they ended up.

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Perhaps, like when Harry redknap was brought in to help DazWaz, they should consider offering warne a guiding hand. Some paternal wisdom, some experienced expert heads to help him see the way forward.

Yes.

I am advocating that DCFCfans are officially appointed as Director of Football. The input would obviously come through on a democratic basis. I mean polls. Lots of them.

Finally, someone talking some sense on here.

2 hours ago, David said:

100% that is what has happened. 

I was one of a few that didn't expect top 6 at all last season, yet when Warne himself calls it a failure it's hard to disagree with him when that was the objective.

For me, I have given him a clean slate for this season, first real opportunity to bring his own players in, forget what happened last season and that puts me very much in the minority online at least. Not been a great start, yet it's early days.

Combine that failure with those that were unconvinced by his appointment at the very start, we now have a majority of discontent, again online at least. 

Your online fans are in my opinion the more hardcore in that they listen and judge you on every word, there is no forgetting what was said following Cheltenham away last season, or in the RamsTV Xmas special, it's all documented online. Even our own opinions which come back to bite us on the arse.

I don’t think many of us expected top six, however expectations shift throughout the season. Think went 16 unbeaten in the league and looking very much up rather than down. Got to fourth and touching distance of teams above. 

At that point we all expected play offs, think was almost a foregone conclusion to be honest. The form after thought was terrible. With no real sign of improving.reasons were given that people seemed to accept, small squad, aging, restrictions, lack of pace, lack of prep. We identified these but then seemed to not rectify them.

Move forward to this season, less competitive looking league, looser restrictions. Fans start to think of top six as a minimum. Four games in though and looking in a worse place than last season.

Personally think we’ll give him until ten games, see where we are and any signs of improvement. If there aren’t any I think clowes will make a change. Can talk about finances and a four year plan. Tuesday was awful, many more home games like that and becomes impossible to stay.

Can't believe people want Warne gone after only 4 games. yes we are struggling and yes it is very frustrating to watch but this is Warne's 1st full season in charge so let's get behind the team and give them time to gel. so much negativity people who are suggesting names to come in are ridiculous. Okay say we get Darren Moore installed what's he going to do any different with the same players say he doesn't get a win in his first 10 matches we will be all calling for his head. 

4 minutes ago, Electric Ram said:

Can't believe people want Warne gone after only 4 games. yes we are struggling and yes it is very frustrating to watch but this is Warne's 1st full season in charge so let's get behind the team and give them time to gel. so much negativity people who are suggesting names to come in are ridiculous. Okay say we get Darren Moore installed what's he going to do any different with the same players say he doesn't get a win in his first 10 matches we will be all calling for his head. 

Blimey, has he only been here 4 games? It seems more like nearly a year... 

3 minutes ago, Electric Ram said:

Let's be honest too, it'll be the exact same people on here calling for the next manager's head. The usual suspects hound a manager until they get sacked, and are immediately the first to turn on the next one. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Let's be honest too, it'll be the exact same people on here calling for the next manager's head. The usual suspects hound a manager until they get sacked, and are immediately the first to turn on the next one. 

Lol. We're gonna choose the next manager too, it's the only true way to object to the current manager! 😄

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. We're gonna choose the next manager too, it's the only true way to object to the current manager! 😄

Crowd pressure has never gotten a manager fired and has never possibly impacted decision making, of course. 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Crowd pressure has never gotten a manager fired and has never possibly impacted decision making, of course. 

24 minutes ago, Andicis said:

...The usual suspects hound a manager until they get sacked, and are immediately the first to turn on the next one. 

Oh okay.

10 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Head Coach @angieram

Chief Scout @Ghost of Clough

Chef @sage

Groundman @duncanjwitham

Seems like a good team - as long as Angie doesn't play 3 at the back

I know this was only  a joke, but I'm very flattered that anyone might think I'd make a good head coach from my ramblings on here. Cheers! 🍻 

(And definitely not three at the back.)