v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

5 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

Did Warne say anything on Radio Derby about Bird, he said on Rams TV he'd find out before that interview. 

Yes, he said 

He'd take these broken wings

And learn to fly again

Learn to live so free

And when we hear the voices sing

The book of love will open up

And let us join Hull for a few hundred thousand.

What is extremely worrying is that our football appears archaic just playing long balls and crossing into the box in hope and no real good football on the grass yet we have some good players 

The modern style is to keep the ball and movement into spaces and we looked like a pub team tonight 

let’s be honest our goal wasn’t worked it was just an oppurtunist goal albeit a good strike 

we are a big club in the third tier and many clubs will fear us at our place especially yet we don’t control a game and it’s like a basketball game where we hope we score first …Oxford looked miles better than us tonight and I’m not sure our start to the season will encourage anyone decent who can play football to want to come here 

I like Warne but it has to be 442 or 433 or he’ll be driven out ….I don’t think PW will want a pay off I think he’ll walk if it’s not working …I don’t think he’s a bad person though r not likeable but I wouldn’t mind betting that there’s an arrangement if it’ doesn’t work out as Clowes gave him a big opportunity 

Paul Simmo Simpson or Lee Carsley if he goes 

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Just as well. Collins could easily be off and Bradley’s pull in the box was a penalty. 

As for Derby? So so poor. Warne really is not what we need. He is tactically clueless. 

Cashin was unbelievably lucky to stay on the pitch and gave away penalty they didn't give.

Apparently we are nearly quite good. ffs

2 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I can't think of any positive reason for saying that. Similar to his comments after Blackpool about players being distracted by transfer offers. If anything it just puts players off playing for you. He said himself he wants players would be his mates.

(By the way, the Blackpool Warne kept saying were Championship quality couldn't beat Port Vale at home tonight)

I was looking at phases of play tonight and thinking how laboured it was. Too many touches and too long on the ball. Almost like the players aren’t playing for Warne. Bold comment I know and hope it isn’t the case but just how I saw it. 

With every interview he sounds more and more like David Brent. I use to find him quite refreshing but now it just grates on me.

I believe we need consistency from top to bottom so think we need to stick with him but he has got to go to a back 4. Hopefully injuries to Ward and Bird might just force his hand and he might actually stubble across a win. Another performance like tonight on Saturday and I can see it getting very toxic from the fans. 

I am tempted to ask for a refund for tonight's game because I paid to watch derby county play football, but whatever it was that we served up tonight, it was not football. The first half was so timid, scared, and off the pace. We played a back 5 as the wing backs became full backs, and the midfield was so deep, leaving Laing and Collins so isolated. One of the few times we broke, Laing crossed it in and apart from Collins in the box, there was no one within 35 yards of him. Mistakes were everywhere, and Oxford looked neat and tidy but I suspect that was because we made them so. It was surprising they only scored 1 by half-time. I've seen some blame Wildsmith, but it was a hard shot high up from about 10 yards out... not sure I'd blame him for that. 

The second half was just as much of a shambles. Oxford could have scored 3 before we got 1 back and again looked dominant. They easily beat our press and forced mistakes off the wide players, especially on the left-hand side of the pitch, where the second assist came from. Warne made a boatload of changes, so the players didn't know whether they were coming or going for half the half. Thompson managed to play both LWB and as an advanced CM in one half... what is more amazing than that is that neither is his natural position. We looked slow, clueless, and inept when we did move it forward. 

The only time we did look threatening was from set pieces. But the lack of any threat from open play is a massive problem. There is no tempo, pattern of play, consistency, or movement. We seem to pass it around the back, then move it to the wing relying on either a run and a cross or boot it down the line hoping we'll force an error. We arguably have 2 of the strongest technical midfielders in the division, and we are completely bypassing them, nulling their strengths. Laing possesses the physical attributes to cause problems but he is being played out of position and was coming too deep today.

The system and style of play absolutely stink. I'm not even angry, at this point it's just utterly depressing to watch us reduced to this. Warne is mismanaging a team he put together, playing to their collective weaknesses and giving the opposition such an easy time of it. If I didn't know any better I'd say he's a forest agent in disguise trying to get us relegated to the 4th division. I thought his post match presser was a fu**ing disgrace. Making jokes, failing to take responsibility, and being utterly blind to the reality of our performance. If he doesn't sort it out after 15 games i hope he fu**s off back to Rotherham where it increasingly looks like he belongs.

21 minutes ago, Mrso said:

Not sure what's going on here but hard to believe that Warne has the dressing room after the head turning comment and that woeful non-performance.  The players don't seem to want to play for him - or sadly for us either.

I think the chaotic attacking attempts in the second half mis prove that. They do want to do well for the Club but the way they are being asked to play makes it almost impossible. What a waste of good players - NML is a winger, Cashin is a centre-half, etc etc

21 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I can't think of any positive reason for saying that. Similar to his comments after Blackpool about players being distracted by transfer offers. If anything it just puts players off playing for you. He said himself he wants players who would be his mates.

(By the way, the Blackpool Warne kept saying were Championship quality couldn't beat Port Vale at home tonight)

it was also blackpool's 'B' team

Actually I’m really pleased by the performance tonight - it’s just a matter of time because Warne said we were nearly ‘quite good’

This is Derby County FFS nearly quite good is nowhere near the standard we demand ! 

20 minutes ago, TZM said:

What’s happened to the high press that Warne said he’d be implementing from day 1? Has he abandoned it due to the players we have? Instead, we only engaged when the opposition got into our half and then just looked to play it long. Absolutely dire viewing.

its a high press when they get to our box.