v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

He’s out of form I agree. But he isn’t going to get any form playing upfront. Stick him on the wing and let him run at their full backs and he’s a different player.

No, that's an excuse. As an attacker he should be able to put his head up and cross a ball to a man. He always has his head down when he comes to cross it. He's a winger, surely he should be able to cross? 

NML Thompson Hourihane Barks 

when fit Barks comes in and 4 across the middle Waggy and Wash up front 

even bring Rooney in if ward is out Wilson doesn’t look like he knows how to beat a player other than being very naive 

Nelson and Bradley look poor and Cash looks like he’s got slower ..this team is not top6 playing how we did tonight I’m afraid and I hope Bird is not injured but he offers very little in terms of goals and assists and influence Thompson looked bright when he came on 

Edited by S8TY

10 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

honestly this seasons a write off already. I don't have any faith in him but I'm not sure any manager is taking this group of players up this season by the time they get in and try and sort things out and then probably have no money to do anything in January and we are probably too good to go down so what's the point? That's not me asking I'm putting myself in Clowes shoes. Over 20,000 season ticket sales so that becomes next seasons problem not this season. 

You're kidding, the players are there to play any formation with four at the back - easily. We've got some really decent midfielders, wingers, even now a striker or two. But Warne INSISTS on playing a formation that suits NONE of them.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

What was I thinking?

It’s my wedding anniversary tomorrow as well.

It's a good time to appreciate one's spouse who presumably is responsible for far less heartache, frustration, confusion, disappointment etc. than other loves of one's life!

EDIT: P.S. Happy anniversary to you both!

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

Things are looking up, I lasted 75 mins tonight…. against Blackpool I was gone before HT… yeah I know the club doesn’t need “fans” like me but I’d rather be sat at home with my Y fronts on, half a pint of Skol watching Porky’s II.

Now your just talking daft

Porky's 1 is way better.

Positives:

Wilson, Thompson, Washington (in that order)

Negatives:

Bradley is god awful. I have no words for how bad he actually he is. He’s so tentative, like he’s scared of the damn headers  

Pace. We have less than none.

Hourihane anonymous other than dead balls. Korey Smith tragic. Collins in their number 5’s pocket.

Ward injured. Looks like Bird injured too right at the end.

There’s no fixing it without multiple signings or playing younger players. Play Rooney, play Robinson, get Dajaune Brown involved. Start Thompson. Drop Collins  

Truly horrendous.

I like to think I'm quite a rational person and not given to overreacting and much prefer the more balanced opinions on here. I know a season isn't won or lost after 3 games but I can honestly say we have looked like a pub team over those 3 games (yes, even the 3-0 win). I cannot see any pattern in our play, the defence is laughable, the midfield invisible and the forward line toothless. This just seems to be carrying over from the end of last season. I hoped that with Warne getting his own players in to play the way he wants to play we'd see an improvement but these 3 performances have been shocking and I struggle to see us improving enough. It's frankly, embarrassing! I really dont want to watch it. Oh, how I long for Arthur Cox.